OMA 2018 More Updates

Toddco327

PR Addict
This is almost unbearable to read. You ladies would think that the OMA just asked for a kidney. It's one class they brought back of the 8 or so they dropped. I'm sorry they added 14 minutes to your time at the track. But hey you're still saving 2hrs by cutting the other classes. You'd be lucky to have a sanctioning body that actually listens to the riders. So in this case Thank You OMA for listening to your riders.

Geeezzzz.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
This is almost unbearable to read. You ladies would think that the OMA just asked for a kidney. It's one class they brought back of the 8 or so they dropped. I'm sorry they added 14 minutes to your time at the track. But hey you're still saving 2hrs by cutting the other classes. You'd be lucky to have a sanctioning body that actually listens to the riders. So in this case Thank You OMA for listening to your riders.

Geeezzzz.
This isn't about adding track time, I could care less if +25 brought the numbers to the gate but it doesn't and it won't. Nothing will change this, and the majority of people whining probably aren't showing up on the days when there's only one person on the gate. Maybe then they'd see the big picture. It's about improving race quality in our scene.
If you don't run the class you have no horse in this race.

Main problem with 25+ is it's a class with a 5 year window. You have to be 25 to race it, and I've noticed as soon as some people turn 30 they don't want to run it whether it's due to low gate numbers or that there might be one A rider in it and they get spooked. 16+ would've helped, Michigan does it and it rules. Outdoor races would show its potential, not Summit.

I know my opinion doesn't change anything, but I don't want to sit idley by while "the members" spoke for me. I'll be accountable for my opinion when I'm not showing up for local races, I hope the other side hold themselves accountable and start showing up.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
The “i work 40 hours a week” argument is getting old to me.

Buy health insurance.

Buy a policy that will pay supplemental income while you’re injured if you’re scared of kids taking you out.

That doesn’t so much scare me racing young kids. I’d like to think I can outsmart them on the track, and if they want to push the issue and be a dick I can flip into dick mode too and punt their a***s right back. But block passing at summit isn’t a dick move and if kids are going out for blood over block passes then they need to get their ass checked by a vet rider. It’s like these kids think I’m gonna move over for them because they got a shitty start. Newsflash I’m not. You’ll work to pass me. It’s called racing. oooohhh wait..... but scratch that last paragraph because now I don’t have the opportunity to race anyone else but the “laid back” 2-3 25+ riders. Like Delbalso said: see you all at the battle rounds. (Aka we ain’t even considering racing local now except battle rounds.) there are many 25-40 year old racers with that mentality. So they’ll continue to go out of state and race in Michigan, and New York.

RideRED

PR Member
Thanks OMA for bringing back the class I was going to run this year!
Im a 24 year young guy from akron, who didnt start riding till I was 21.
For someone that works the 50hr work week and lives on his own, I would much rather be in a smaller class with vet riders, than with johnny in 250 c that only wants to impress his friends and girlfriend on the side of the track.
Its local racing people, dont expect full gates. Its reality. Deal with it.
We all know where we have to travel to get full gates, so again, thank you OMA for listening to the small local kid just tryin to ride his dirt scooter

RideRED

PR Member
Thanks OMA for bringing back the class I was going to run this year!
Im a 24 year young guy from akron, who didnt start riding till I was 21.
For someone that works the 50hr work week and lives on his own, I would much rather be in a smaller class with vet riders, than with johnny in 250 c that only wants to impress his friends and girlfriend on the side of the track.
Its local racing people, dont expect full gates. Its reality. Deal with it.
We all know where we have to travel to get full gates, so again, thank you OMA for listening to the small local kid just tryin to ride his dirt scooter
I turn 25 in june FYI

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I turn 25 in june FYI
Let me know how you feel when you're the only one on the gate lined up ready to "race". I've been there a few times in +25.

I vote to make collegeboy just 16+ with no age cap, and then have a separate +25easyboi class for the guys that want some good ol relaxed racin

RideRED

PR Member
Let me know how you feel when you're the only one on the gate lined up ready to "race". I've been there a few times in +25.

I vote to make collegeboy just 16+ with no age cap, and then have a separate +25easyboi class for the guys that want some good ol relaxed racin
Maybe this will bring enough attention to the class that it will pick up?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Years of data showing the class is not attended. Widespread approval of the decision to remove it.
$25 in someone’s pocket and we forget the facts.

“The members have spoken”. Are you kidding me? Guess I missed the announcement of when the “members” were even meeting.
Oh wait, you mean the real members? The promoters.... then that makes sense.
The battle for the district 12 championship should be a barn burner this year.

Team MMR

PR Addict
I'm noticing people are comparing local racing to amateur national racing. Apples to oranges, again.

If you're trying to race Nationals, you know which races to go to and you damn well know ANY class is going to be aggressive.

I still stand by the fact that college boy kids can be full of piss and vinegar n may get a little whiskey more often than local vet riders. I know for a fact, if Dave, John, Georgie, Jordan, ect are in front of or behind me, we're gonna race our a***s off. Out of mutual respect, none of us are gonna punt each other to the moon. Not saying there aren't a few bad apples around in every age range, but alot less likely from +25 up.

I completely see both sides. I like full gates too and I know where to go to get them.

EXACTLY, im not saying i dont want full gates. AND LIKE I ALREADY STATED its not that i only wanna race 2 people because how many of you have lined up double stacked on an arenacross gate? Im simply saying i dont always wanna have to worry about someone who is out for winning a trophy instead of having fun. I ride for fun because i know at 26 years old thats all it will ever be for me. Why are the people complaining the most the people who dont even race the local events? If you guys want bigger gates, start racing more and there will be more on the gate, simple as that.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Years of data showing the class is not attended. Widespread approval of the decision to remove it.
$25 in someone’s pocket and we forget the facts.

“The members have spoken”. Are you kidding me? Guess I missed the announcement of when the “members” were even meeting.
Oh wait, you mean the real members? The promoters.... then that makes sense.
The battle for the district 12 championship should be a barn burner this year.

Well in 1985 they had meetings because you couldn't reach people via text, dm, social media, but trust me just because we didn't have what you call a "meeting", does not mean that opinions were not voiced, nor received. Just because it does get posted here doesn't mean it isn't happening. Walk outside your door, drive to the end of the county, guess what there's another county, keep going, you'll find water. Do you think we make these decisions because we are sitting around with nothing to do?? Trust me there has been enough of a ruckus over it, its done. Now go buy a bike and win 50+ or whatever you are going to race. And clean up your act, or I'm calling the Sheriff to have you tested.

Team MMR

PR Addict
So why are you guys complaining when you dont even race except for the battle rounds anyways? Thats what kills me. The 3 people on here complaining did a total of 7 races last year......

I already stated that i accepted the changes and raced the new class. This is ridiculous that people who dont even race are the ones throwing the biggest fit. Even if they left it collegeboy 16+ you guys prolly wouldnt race anyways. Your complaining about numbers but then you dont even show up to try and make it better. If you want full gates sign up for Atlanta this weekend, the classes are all full, or travel to the bigger races like you said. Not everyone out there makes bookoo money to be able to afford racing and good enough health insurance with the extra policy to pay supplemental. Some of us riders just like to race and have fun and not have to take it so serious all the time.

This type of attitude is what is killing our sport, the attitude of i dont like it so im not gonna support it and race.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Maybe this will bring enough attention to the class that it will pick up?
This has been talked about for the 5 years I've ran the class, and probably years prior as well. The same old isn't going to bring riders out of the woodwork for a regular local race
I do hope the best but I know how it goes. I know where the big gates are, but it'd be nice to support local racing within our state.
So why are you guys complaining when you dont even race except for the battle rounds anyways? Thats what kills me. The 3 people on here complaining did a total of 7 races last year......

I already stated that i accepted the changes and raced the new class. This is ridiculous that people who dont even race are the ones throwing the biggest fit. Even if they left it collegeboy 16+ you guys prolly wouldnt race anyways. Your complaining about numbers but then you dont even show up to try and make it better. If you want full gates sign up for Atlanta this weekend, the classes are all full, or travel to the bigger races like you said. Not everyone out there makes bookoo money to be able to afford racing and good enough health insurance with the extra policy to pay supplemental. Some of us riders just like to race and have fun and not have to take it so serious all the time.

This type of attitude is what is killing our sport, the attitude of i dont like it so im not gonna support it and race.

False I raced out of state all over last year because I was sick of no one showing up locally. And I'm gonna do the same damn thing this year too because guess what, same old story. Go delve into my results a little further and you'll see I raced quite a bit. While one person may have been on the gate at malvern Saturday night, I was racing 20-40 people somewhere else.
I've been in the class 5 years now, gave it a shot locally multiple years. I'm over it. I've done my duty time and time again being the only rider.
Look back a little further there junior. I too was the coveted overall plus 25 champ a couple times lol. All you need to do is show up.

Team MMR

PR Addict
This has been talked about for the 5 years I've ran the class, and probably years prior as well. The same old isn't going to bring riders out of the woodwork for a regular local race
I do hope the best but I know how it goes. I know where the big gates are, but it'd be nice to support local racing within our state.

False I raced out of state all over last year because I was sick of no one showing up locally. And I'm gonna do the same damn thing this year too because guess what, same old story. Go delve into my results a little further and you'll see I raced quite a bit. While one person may have been on the gate at malvern Saturday night, I was racing 20-40 people somewhere else.
I've been in the class 5 years now, gave it a shot locally multiple years. I'm over it. I've done my duty time and time again being the only rider.
Look back a little further there junior. I too was the coveted overall plus 25 champ a couple times lol. All you need to do is show up.

So if this doesnt pertain to you, since you wont be racing, why are you complaining? lol I have nothing against you bc clearly i will never be as fast as you and you kick my @$$ everytime we line up. I just dont get why the people complaining are the ones who dont race locally, or even at all.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
So if this doesnt pertain to you, since you wont be racing, why are you complaining? lol I have nothing against you bc clearly i will never be as fast as you and you kick my @$$ everytime we line up. I just dont get why the people complaining are the ones who dont race locally, or even at all.
It pertains to me because I was 100% planning on racing a bunch of the local stuff this year with the new class structure. I get to run 30+ this year, so I was looking forward to trying that out plus a nice gate of 16+ as well. That's the whole point. I've heard similar excitement from other people as well. I know talk is cheap from most, but this was a change worth trying out.
I'm not going to totally avoid local races just because I'm trying to prove something, but that excitement is definitely gone and I'll be racing elsewhere for the majority of my season unfortunately. I've put 5 or so local races on my schedule since this topic of discussion, so we'll see what happens.
I really do want to see improvement in our local racing, and I don't fault the OMA at all for the decision made, it's just a bummer that we had a chance to try something that I know works well in surrounding states.

Last edited:

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

We don’t race locally because we know when we show up there won’t be anyone to race. A class has 1-3. Can’t race c riders they’re on a local planet of their own. They just stay in it. Forever. Can’t race collegeboy....too old. Can’t race 40 too young

CANT RACE 30c (that pulls 12-15 guys, I have to race 30...which pulls...you guessed it. No more than 4). Why would I want to race locally ? This whole vet 30, vet 30 c. Is bullshit. Unless it’s a battle round or at vetfest and you got the bodies on the gate. But my god we are killing our classes by spreading everyone thin. And you gotta stagger everyone. Can’t just combine a bunch of people and drop one gate. that might interfere with the finishing positions Of the 2-3 laid back bros. So is it really laid back if they’re worried about what place they get ?

Why do you think when I do race locally I race the 125 class? It caters to such a wide variety of skill set and ages that there are actually people on the gate. I feel like that class has been very successful locally considering no manufacturers really put any effort into making 2 stroke machines. Maybe because Of the way it’s written? 100cc-150cc open?But if I don’t want to race 125s I’m not going to race locally. This new collegeboy structure—at the least MIGHT HAVE PUT MORE RIDERS ON THE GATE—and might of pulled more racers back into racing locally. But I for sure know that there is no MIGHT of anything like that happening in the current local dead ass 25+ class.

Couple buddies Of mine from PA...we meet at tvland do practices with GPS devices and try to get the fastest lap. Because we aren’t gonna go race locally to sit around all day and race nobody. I’ll sit around all day if there is good competition but if there’s not, forget it. Never used to be this way.

Team MMR

PR Addict
Heres the thing, no matter if your only one in class or not, you will not be the only rider on the gate.

BOOM! heres an idea, Lets just do Vet A, vet B, and vet C. ages 25 and up. now clearly this would have to take place next year. Or make an open class that any rider level can ride.

Im done on here because everyone has their own opinion and everyone else is wrong, no matter what.

RideRED

PR Member
I dont think anyone truly understands that at a grassroots level, our sport is dieing, thus low numbers at the gate. Dont blame it on class structure.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I dont think anyone truly understands that at a grassroots level, our sport is dieing, thus low numbers at the gate. Dont blame it on class structure.
What the hell do we blame it on? If it’s dieing why are we staying the course ?

That’s like: Oh I know my credit card limit is coming up on me fast....can’t make minimum payments. Ah screw it keep it swiping. Product will get cheaper and better and it’ll climb out of debt running the same course of swipe action.

Red I agree with you kinda and then I don’t. I think problem is for guys like me we don’t want to accept that local turnouts aren’t coming back. I tell myself to just dump moto and go to gncc. Haven’t done it yet. I don’t know what the answer is.

RideRED

PR Member
What the hell do we blame it on? If it’s dieing why are we staying the course ?

That’s like: Oh I know my credit card limit is coming up on me fast....can’t make minimum payments. Ah screw it keep it swiping. Product will get cheaper and better and it’ll climb out of debt running the same course of swipe action.
You guys complain about no people at the gate, yet say you wont be there either?

Blame it on the fact that the economy, the country, the sport, the people are not the same as it was 10 years ago.
Hell I've seen a huge decline in the past 2.

But hey, take out 25+ and that all changes......