Help with a 94 RM 125 clutch please!!!

Aloha all! have a 94' RM 125. have problem with the clutch not disengaging. Have see the other posts regarding this & tried all the suggestions but to no avail. new Hinson clutch basket/plates/springs, new pressure plate/thrust bearing/rack/pinion gear/all bearings/seals/cable. Using 10/40 as per manual specs. Soaked plates for a day before install. What I notice when pulling in the lever (Moose Racing perch/lever also new) that the arm to the pinion gear on the cover doesn't turn quite enough as opposed to if I grab the arm & turn it with a pair of pliers. Any suggestions on what I could do to make it turn farther as I think that would solve this problem.
Bought this bike in non-op condition (seized piston) & while repairing that one thing led to another & I ended up doing a pretty complete (& expensive) frame up rebuild/resto on it. It runs & rides great but not being able to come to a stop & idle in gear is making it not fun to ride. Adjusting the cable with the spec free play or without any doesn't make a difference. tried moving the arm closer to the kickstarter to try & get more movement which didn't help either.
Talked to the local dealer mechanics & they were of no help basically telling me that's something I gotta live with. Have owned a bunch of other 2t dirtbikes (mostly yz's) but first suzuki. Read many posts on a bunch of other sites & have pretty much all the same suggestions but no cure for this problem.
If any of you have a way to be able to get more rotation out of the pinion arm I'm all ears. Mahalo in advance for any & all replies on how I might do this.

smitty

PR Addict
sounds like something is not assembled correctly,double check your work,make sure the assembly is correct steel,fiber,steel fiber or reverse what ever is the correct way,I've seen customer bikes come in with a steel wedged between the hub and basket at the back of the assembly
just a suggestion,hard to diagnose a problem without being there