Smith Road

Jim355

Noob
Anyone know what’s going on with Smith Road? Drove past this weekend and place looks like it hasn’t been touched all year or mowed for that matter. Hope it’s not the end of another Ohio Moto track.

We rode the street bikes by and stopped in the drive about 3 weeks ago and it was looking good.

Their facebook update yesterday said that they were still working on a couple issues and were working hard to get things up and going as soon as possible. Have faith. Everyone said OIR was gone forever too and look at it now. I have no idea what the hold up is but i'm sure they want to be open just as much as we want them to be. It would be worse if they rushed it and had a subpar track.

Hahahhaha “it would be worse if they rushed it and had a subpar track” Smith road subpar? Subpar should be Smith roads middle name . Mybe back in the 70’s it was “par” but in the last 15 years I have been going it been sub par and below. I swear every track owner doesn’t have a clue on how to make large safe jumps even for a the Billy’s on a clapped out 97 Honda car 125 I heard months ago they put the “pipe” to “high” cover the thing in dirt and go it’s a dirt bike track not your front yard

Stonewall we too have been going to Smith Road since early 00’s and past couple of years have been the worst that track has ever been. George used to have that place in great shape. We even went to that ride day the had as a benefit ride day for the pipeline coming through a couple years ago. Seems to me the new owners have taken the pipeline money and run. What a shame.

I hadn't been there for a long time but the track was really good every time I went last year which was quite a bit. It's no beans but definitely a favorite track of mine that's a reasonable drive. Hope to read they're opening up again before too long here

Smiths prep is different than other tracks but like most tracks is the same each week. Isn’t this why we like moto, each track and surface brings on a new days challenges! This year I’ve rode Cabin, cliff, route 62, beans, switchback, COCR, and tv land. Each is different and had something to offer. If you want the exact same thing everywhere you go than ride concrete! Sometimes it’s wet, sometimes it’s dry. It’s moto, wipe your Pu&&y ride the bike and be happy your not at work.

Smiths prep is different than other tracks but like most tracks is the same each week. Isn’t this why we like moto, each track and surface brings on a new days challenges! This year I’ve rode Cabin, cliff, route 62, beans, switchback, COCR, and tv land. Each is different and had something to offer. If you want the exact same thing everywhere you go than ride concrete! Sometimes it’s wet, sometimes it’s dry. It’s moto, wipe your Pu&&y ride the bike and be happy your not at work.

LMAO....Smith rd IS concrete!

I rode there regularly the last 5 years or so. Since Larry has taken it over the place has gone to s**t. The track layout stays constant, when they make changes they really suck. He cant disc more than 6" deep and his watering would be better if he let my dog do it. The uphill jumps both havent been refaced since he bought the place either.

I continue to go simply for the corner practice but that was becoming a serious stretch last year too. I sure hope things change but I doubt it. Ive approached Larry multiple times to address concerns and it never ends well.

Smith Rd is my favorite practice track and I've been missing them terribly this season. Of course people complain more than anything else, because they want to make every track their perfect place.......... Smith Rd is great practice for me, I love that there are no sessions and I can ride as long as I want, I like that it starts muddy and works in all night long until it might be blue groove and slippery by the end of the night, I like that I can get practice passing by taking the "other" line that people swear is not there (which is great passing practice), and I love that it's close and still open (except for this summer) for me on Wednesday nights. Could it be better? Sure, but it's way better than my options on Wednesday night, and I'm happy to have a place to ride!!!! I have to race under different conditions so I might as well practice on different conditions too. I go to sand tracks to learn how to ride in sand, I go to clay tracks to learn how to ride on clay, and ride all kinds of conditions because I never know what I'm going to get at the race track when I want to make it count.

Lighten up people, why not enjoy what we have?

I don’t usually bitch unless flat out lied to. I know smith will be hard pack if I go, Cabin will have ruts. Those are the two closest tracks to me that I tend to ride the most. One time last year Smith posted “track is shaping up nice”, it had been raining days prior to and I wanted to ride so I left work early to go. When I got there it was soup. I did get my money back and opted not to ride no big deal. Hoping they open, and hoping for those late season warm days when they open too. Last year, moto on my birthday in December was awesome!

complaint are the reason most track owners don't use this site any more.. its a shame, but i get most of my track info off of face book now...we should all be grateful we still have tracks to ride at!!!!!

I like that I can get practice passing by taking the "other" line that people swear is not there (which is great passing practice)

The only reason I continue to go.

Yeah Im complaining but you have to admit the prep is less than desirable. I guess its more about how great it used to be and the potential it has.

The prep could be better some nights, but there are nights where it's also perfect and no one ever says a nice thing. Last year there were 2 or 3 nights that they put fresh horse mulch down everywhere and other than a little smell........... it was like riding in a garden. Nobody said anything about how great it was either.

I liked the back and forth the way George used to run it each way back in the past, but understand that it's hard to do that when you have bigger / better jumps. I don't really care about the jumps and don't want jumping practice, I want turns and berms and all different kinds of lines........ I can jump everything I need to already, but I understand that people want jumps.

Wrong. See link here..... http://www.pitracer.com/threads/65922/

Its not complaining unless you dont do something to try and remedy the issue you have. I have complimented when deserved. I have talked directly to Larry.

And Im on the same boat as you with jumps. But are we talking about the same track, what jumps are you referring to that havent been there for the last 20 years?

What really cracks me up is when people get on here and say Im complaining yet some of the EXACT same people are saying the EXACT same thing to me in the pits. See, Im real, I say it how it is and I am honest, good or bad.

As for track owners not being on here because of people complaining .... they are the tracks who dont do well. Feed back, ESPECIALLY the negative feed back is absolutely FREE marketing advice. You can either take it , use it and improve ( like some have done ) or you can run and hide with your tail between your legs.

complaint are the reason most track owners don't use this site any more.. its a shame, but i get most of my track info off of face book now...we should all be grateful we still have tracks to ride at!!!!!

Joe, you must not see many of the comments on FB. Western Reserve is taking an absolute thrashing on FB regarding a recent race. Haven't seen a peep about it on here. Way worse than anything being said about Smith Rd on here....for that matter you should read some of the beating Smith Rd is taking on FB too!

Back