The broken system???

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
Yea there's a guy I work with whose son races karts and dirt track for different people some girl that's they're friends with dates some up and coming Nascar guy, can't remember his name, but they talked to him over Thanksgiving last year and he invited them to some races.....well that boy is now on the Nascar fast track! He is good but just shows a couple good connections helps in a huge way!

Baker_741

PR Member
Don't disagree with a lot of the points. But it is the same way in auto sports also. Specific families, kids with the right last name, etc. get the "ride" on their name. But it also happens in MLB, the NFL, etc. If you had a parent with connections you get signed to deals.

Not sure what the fix is, but the current system is wrong. Kawasaki I am sure is probably paying Ryder's dad 100k a year to drive him all over the country. No way these guys live normal lives and work 40 hour a week jobs as much as they are all over the country.
Hell they pay Jett Reynolds 300,000 a year in “contingency money” that’s just too ride the bike. He’s get a bonus every time he wins a race. So I’m guessing they’re paying Ryder’s Dad a whole lot more than 100K a year. I bet they pay Ryder 100k+ a year just too ride/win races just like the Jett Reynolds deal.

Last edited: