Resole MX Boots

OSU85

PR Member
Should I just take MX Boots to the nearest cobbler to put new soles in? Got two pairs of boots in working order apart from the soles. Any advice is appreciated

I've had it done in the past. Check to see what kind of soles they have though --- one time I had a place say "oh yeah we can do that" and when I came back my boots had hiking boot soles on them! Or you can buy replacement soles and take it to them to use.

Thanks everyone and what's the Amish place if you remember? I am out of luck finding local places willing to take a stab at it.

Anyone know if KTM foot pegs do extra damage on soles? I filed them down and I think I only got about 35-40 hrs out of the shift lever boot before waters getting in through the sole. I figure most people aren't resoling or replacing boots this often. Driving me crazy how fast it wears out

Last edited:
The Amish place was close to Ashland OH. I could place it on a map but don’t remember the name. Yoder maybe? :)

Thanks everyone and what's the Amish place if you remember? I am out of luck finding local places willing to take a stab at it.

Anyone know if KTM foot pegs do extra damage on soles? I filed them down and I think I only got about 35-40 hrs out of the shift lever boot before waters getting in through the sole. I figure most people aren't resoling or replacing boots this often. Driving me crazy how fast it wears out
Ah my last two pairs of boots soles get chewed up quick and I don’t even ride as much as I want to.

Should I just take MX Boots to the nearest cobbler to put new soles in? Got two pairs of boots in working order apart from the soles. Any advice is appreciated

....are you saying that your booties are in working order but have no sole ?

Did your booties have sole at one time?... and now they're just worn out?

Have you tried shaking your booties? ...to regain the sole?

Just, how would a cobbler put sole back in your bootie?

Back