Mx classes

ck1racerx

PR Addict
They are trying SOMETHING different. I think that is the point. Not just doing the same old crap over and over.
As much as I love racing, I have NOT missed sitting at the track all day for my two 7 min moto's this year. For some of us that hate open practice, our only option is to forfeit an entire day just for that adrenalin rush of the first turn. If you fall, may as well go to the truck because you have no chance to make up time.
Longer moto's make you a better RACER.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Not just a track, a series! I think they're running a 6 races series of Farkengruven. Would be super cool if a track ran one of these. I'm sure it would get good result considering the number of MXers that run GPs at Fast Traxx.
Hmmm.... We may not have much to lose.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
They are trying SOMETHING different. I think that is the point. Not just doing the same old crap over and over.
As much as I love racing, I have NOT missed sitting at the track all day for my two 7 min moto's this year. For some of us that hate open practice, our only option is to forfeit an entire day just for that adrenalin rush of the first turn. If you fall, may as well go to the truck because you have no chance to make up time.
Longer moto's make you a better RACER.

Cool. I think you should push this for the Buckeye Series.

Rogers365

PR Addict
No, as usual you are all TALK. Take all your great ideas and DO it. But no, you will continue to TALK about doing it. More accurately, TALK about what others should do. Since you won’t actually DO anything, other than(you guessed it) TALK.

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Why are you guys always so defensive? I did NOT single you out or your “organization”. Stop being dicks and realize not everyone on this site gives a crap about you. If you don’t want to listen to what I post, don’t.
This “future of moto” was done by a track that last I checked is doing pretty well and out draw anything YOU ever did ROGERS.
Single me out? I single you out.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
It’s not an OMA thing, I could care less what you think about me, Jason, or the size of oranges in Florida. For the record I think we struck a nerve with the big fella.

hershey

PR Elite
So 150 entries for a first time tried new event is a failure? Wow, if 150 is a failure the majority of local races are failures too.

Fast traxx and Action sports rolls in more on average for thier gp than we do for mx.

All I'm saying is it worked for the first shot and once it catches on I think it will really work. Imagine getting all your mx riding in a couple hours and going home. It wouldn't replace a battle series type event but it could very easily replace the normal local event. The pro practicers might get sucked in given the short time at the track too.....

But hey, it's working so well as is for normal races here, just not every where else

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Change = bad.

Everything is good with MX, the 'real" experts have said so!!

Ok, I see we are on different ends of the spectrum again. How about a compromise. I will run what we should call Hybrid Moto or some other catchy named event next year, IF, I can get some major sponsors/event partners onboard to HELP keep the event in the black, AND If I can get this event into a position where as a business I feel it its the same risk and reward as my King of the Cliff event, which is our 3rd place race in the pecking order of event success, then Im in. If you guys believe in this event, I can try to give it the best chance to succeed with a solid and efficient race program on the best track possible. So here's an opportunity to support in what you believe in. Time to step up. CK-1, DHDS01, and anyone else that wants to see me eat crow on this, bring it.

I guess we will know when my schedule is released who talks the talk, and who walks the walk.