Winter Vintage/Vet get together 12/29/18

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
Note: Posted here and the Vet section...

Hey all, hope everyone had a good year riding, racing and project finding!

Just putting it out there to see who all wants to join for a day full of all the BS you can stand, all the pizza you can eat...and for those that partake, a few beers to wash it down.

Lot's of good stories to exchange from this year and the plans for next year, whether it is riding/racing/restoring bikes is the glue that keeps us together.

Party starts at noon on 12/29/18 and lasts until the final attendee leaves. If you want to bring a bike to show off, parts to ID or discuss, it all makes the good time better.

For the regulars, you know how to get here. To the rest, I hope you can make it and have a new and fun experience and fellowship with people just like you.

Appreciate a headcount via reply here only so I can plan the pizza. I will also have a mountain of chips and such. Anyone willing to bring a dish to share is welcome.

Merry Christmas to all! Mike

edit: PS - Please let any of your friends know that aren't PR regulars as well. The more the....yeah, you know...

Last edited:
You are awesome for doing this every year. For some reason I always have some sort of catastrophe in my world going on. but I will be there if possible. looking at a house in your area tomorrow.

Oh and there is a Sharc around the corner from you now!!! I will drag him by if I can.

You are awesome for doing this every year. For some reason I always have some sort of catastrophe in my world going on. but I will be there if possible. looking at a house in your area tomorrow.

Oh and there is a Sharc around the corner from you now!!! I will drag him by if I can.

Thanks. Sounds good DD! Where about in my area are you looking? Also, where did Sharc end up? I know most folks 'round these parts....

My parents moved to Sleepy Hollow in 1973 so my sister could have some horses.
44 Years later, I buy a house 1/4 mile up on the same road and am back playing in the same creek I did as a youngster.
I love it.

Sounds like your sister got some hay burners/s**t generators and you got the real horsepower Sharc. Braaap.

We moved to a horse farm in 1974 also. I was the s**t-shoveler for that lot and only had a 3.5 HP Montgomery Wards minibike for my toil. It wasn't until 1976 when I got my Penton 125 that I improved my HP position....and that wasn't by much, if you ever had a Sachs powered dirtbike, you know what I mean.

We're 8 days out. Have 25 confirmed so far. Still time to let me know if you are coming.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Just a note to sincerely thank everyone that made the trek to the party yesterday. It was a great time to BS and talk bikes.
It seems like we all learn new things and connections while we are together.
Hope everyone has a Happy and safe New Year! Thanks again for attending!

Thank you for hosting. Always a good time to visit, catch up, and validate that others also have a passion for old dirt bikes. The Honda tanked Maico with a KTM front end was really cool.

A special thanks and appreciation for those with 20-45 bikes. I get to go home and tell my wife I am not so bad.

Happy New Year to all.

Back