2019 ANAHEIM ONE SUPERCROSS | PURSE PAYOUT

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Hold up -

The purse is the same as the 90's yet a win for Barcia = $500,000
BamBam makes $750K a year from Yamaha but is a low salary.
The sport has grown 100 times over so Glen Helen said FU to losing money to MX sports.
Georgie spends $40 a week in gas while racers are making decent wage but they’re independent contractors.
Coors & Camel were big sponsors but not as big as Monster but that was long before a TV package and attendance was much less.
Many dudes pay for a ride on a team, factory or satillite. Either paying outright, or bringing a sponsor that pays but Jlaw and Hanny bew it all.
And we become the IRL and NASCAR? Where talent and what you've accomplished in lower levels of racing, mean nothing. You bring a sponsor with you and your in yet there's 10-13 riders in that top 20 that is set for life or will have a nice paved road for them until retirement.

honda907

PR Addict
Hold up -

The sport has grown 100 times over so Glen Helen said FU to losing money to MX sports.
Georgie spends $40 a week in gas while racers are making decent wage but they’re independent contractors.
Coors & Camel were big sponsors but not as big as Monster but that was long before a TV package and attendance was much less.
Many dudes pay for a ride on a team, factory or satillite. Either paying outright, or bringing a sponsor that pays but Jlaw and Hanny bew it all.
And we become the IRL and NASCAR? Where talent and what you've accomplished in lower levels of racing, mean nothing. You bring a sponsor with you and your in yet there's 10-13 riders in that top 20 that is set for life or will have a nice paved road for them until retirement.

Pretty much sums it up! Thanks

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I used to beat the drum on this rider union thing but I don’t think that would help the riders. Feld might relocate to Mexico!

John250

PR Founding Father
Riders are making decent money for racing for a living. But it is like Xfinity cup money, not Monster Cup money.

hershey

PR Elite
Hold up -

Spot on, Im surprised you agreed for once!

The top 5 guys make a good deal, everyone else doesnt. And yes, the big tracks dont make good money. The fees paid to MX Sports are extreme, ask Budds Creek, the MXoN almost bankrupt him and it was PACKED. They make money but not what everyone thinks.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
The top 5 guys make a good deal, everyone else doesnt. And yes, the big tracks dont make good money. The fees paid to MX Sports are extreme, ask Budds Creek, the MXoN almost bankrupt him and it was PACKED. They make money but not what everyone thinks.

You guys are pure comedy gold ....
Take MXoN add in some MX Sports ....then throw in Budds Creek for good measure.
Mix them all together and what do ya get ----
Another Pit Racer Epiphany --Too Funny!!

MXoN and MX sports ....I love it -!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Borders books, Blockbuster, Enron, Polaroid, The McDLT, MX Sports. They all come and go.
Damnit, I want a McDLT. But I hear McRib is back.

Dano762

PR Addict
Let’s condense.

Some make big money.
Some make good money.
Some make no money.
Some blow all their money.

The track owners are robber barons.

And MX Sports is The Godfather.

At least now I understand the business side of Supercross.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
No. Feld (Sx) is the mob boss of the Bronx. And dc (mx) is the mob boss of queens. Giuseppe (Mxgp) is The Godfather—he don’t pay any prize money. Everyone’s pays him.

Fuhgetaboutit!

For that source that probably is correct.

Obviously this is dated but JLaw's bonus was $50k per heat race win,$250k per main and
$1 million for the lites championship.

Barcia isn't a top pick to win mains or championships so therefore his bonuses will be higher than most.

Whether I am right or wrong there's 10-13 riders in that top 20 that is set for life or will have a nice paved road for them until retirement.
I work for a Pro Race Team and have worked for a few other teams and a 250 Rider does not get a bonus for a Heat Race win. They only get a bonus for the Main Event win and its not even 6 figures! The average Pro MX salary is around $90K, but with substantial variation depending on where you place! Go look up the net worth of some of the greatest Racers over the last 20 years. Most of the money made is from other business ventures not from Racing which is why MC and RV are at the lowest and TP is at the top! Langstons net worth does not include his multiple Motorcycle Dealerships because it is a family-owned business. I am sure Webb's net worth went up a few million after winning the 2019 Supercross Championship but as a multi-time 250 Supercross and Motocross Champion he was only worth about 1 million so with all of his Heat and Race wins there is no possible way a rider gets a $50,000.00 bonus for a Heat Race!

Travis Pastrana $30,000,000.00
Ricky Carmicheal $25,000,000.00
Chad Reed $20,000,000.00
James Stewart $18,000,000.00
Ryan Dungey $8,000,000.00
Jeremy McGrath $6,000,000.00
Ryan Villopoto $5,000,000.00
Grant Langston $2,000,000.00
Cooper Webb (Before 2019) $1,000,000.00

jms158bmx

PR Member
Them figures seem pretty far off considering rv admitted he had close to 30m in the bank and pastrana saying he still has to work because he never made the huge money. Also reed was on pulp saying he has no where close to 20

ktrop251

PR Member
No way Yamaha is paying him half a million to win A1. I Don’t think he’d get that winning the championship.

Astars pays Barcia a cool mill if he lands a factory ride for each year he has it. Doesnt matter which team. If hes not he makes half but that's from astars alone.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Them figures seem pretty far off considering rv admitted he had close to 30m in the bank and pastrana saying he still has to work because he never made the huge money. Also reed was on pulp saying he has no where close to 20
Yea but reed also had a couple million in pavement at his Florida compound. Can wonder how fiscally responsible these guys were. Easy come easy go.

John250

PR Founding Father
Daytona Speedway makes you give your carrier and group number on your health insurance to race on their property.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Aren't pros required to have health ins to race in a pro event ?

Yea just like when you renew your license at the BMV.....

BMV:you got Insurance right ?

Me:Oh yea! Sure. I got insurance it’s rifgt her———

BMV:No don’t worry about showing me. Just sign this paper. Okey dokey get out there on the road!

Cop: got insurance ?

Me: yea but for some reason I don’t got my proof handy.

Cop: you’ll need to come to Court and show proof.

Makes sense.