Hmmmm new 19??

Berkheimer#19

PR Addict
So been going back and forth on on the 19 Yz450 or a 19 kx450 been checking out all the shoot out and first impressions vids looking to see if anyone on here has any in put?

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
ive got a 19 yz and am very happy with it so far, it seems very good at everything, i cant pick out anything to complain about other than maybe feeling a little heavy compared to my 18 honda..

Vargo671

PR Addict
ive got a 19 yz and am very happy with it so far, it seems very good at everything, i cant pick out anything to complain about other than maybe feeling a little heavy compared to my 18 honda..

Do you like the Yamaha more than the Honda? What’s different?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
So been going back and forth on on the 19 Yz450 or a 19 kx450 been checking out all the shoot out and first impressions vids looking to see if anyone on here has any in put?
I'd buy the one you like best. Not enough different IMO between any of them. At this point, if I was going with what is considered "the best bike", I'd be buying a KTM. Since I wouldn't be, I'd buy the Kawasaki. I can't afford to change out my wardrobe also...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I went from an 18 Honda to a 19 yz450f. When setup properly the Honda is phenominal, but that takes constant tinkering with the clickers and fork height. I’ve always been set it and forget it guy. First moto it could be perfect - second moto way off. Having the correct sag is critical more so than any bike I’ve owned. The frame is so rigid I would get sore in odd places. I felt like I had to ride it perfect, it’s not forgiving. The clutch was complete garbage and the recommended oil capicity is way off by 250 ml. The Honda eats chains no matter how anal you are about chain maintenance. In 20+ years of riding I only snapped one chain before the Crf, with the Honda I snapped 3 in one summer. It’s a known problem with race teams.

The Yamaha is good(not great) every where no matter what. It’s forgiving and has power for days. The overall fit and finish is better than the Honda in my opinion.

Listen to Kris Keefer’s podcast he’ll give you a good honest opinion on all the bikes.

Buy the Yamaha. Listen to John!!

Last edited:

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I wouldnt say i like it more than the honda, honestly at my speed it doesn't matter what i ride, 250 350 450, hell theres days that i am 100% faster on a 125 than a 450.

the only bad thing ive found so far is the clutch seems to fade fast. i ran regular yamalube in it for the original oil obviously and then my first change.. i've got some good maxima in it now hoping maybe that will help a little bit.

if they knocked 10lbs off that bike and put a hydraulic clutch on it at the factory it would be hard to find a better bike. for me it was another 350 because i love the 350s and love ktms for obvious reasons, or try out the new kawi, or the yamaha. I think there was a lot of hype on the kawis originally and then it seems like most of the reviews kinda took steps backwards after their first initial impressions, but i do know people with them and they love them..

any 2019 is a great bike. except the yellow ones, you still have to kick those stupid things!!

Vet261

PR Addict
Next thing you know people will be complaining because Suzukis don't come with kickstands too.

When I bought my new RMZ 18, I almost bought a CRF but just can't get myself to buy it with the dual exhaust.

trent56mx

PR Addict
State 8 has a killer deal on green right now. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
20190312_180215.jpg

I know the guy who got the last 450 for the killer deal

Meister

PR Founding Father
I tried calling state 8.. they we're over 10k otd on a green one. I laughed. Still wanted almost 8 for a 17 crf...