Spring has sprung!

Double D

PR Founding Father
5C33637D-CF9F-4D88-99CA-B91E91253895.jpeg

Yeah, the older I get, and the more time I spend in Florida, I am done. My wife is attached to her family, and does not want to move. I am sick of the depressing weather, the high taxes, and no return on the tax dollars spent. Ohio is now the 8th highest tax in the country, and what are we getting in return for it?

Wife and I have agreed after this year, fixing up the house a little more over the summer.. spring time next year I’m selling and transferring to Deer Park, TX plant... f this place.

Not that Ohio is any oasis, butI hope you like humidity! Also, find the highest elevation for your housing and pay flood insurance.

Friends of ours down there during Harvey pretty much lost it all.

I go down about every 6 to 8 weeks. I do not mind the summers at all. Honestly when I was down last summer, it was cooler there than it was here. I will trade 3 months of hot for the 5 months of gray sky and shitty weather here. I hate not seeing the sun for weeks it seems like.

I am far from retirement, so best I can do is spending my 50 to 60 days a year down there for now.

Not that Ohio is any oasis, butI hope you like humidity! Also, find the highest elevation for your housing and pay flood insurance.

Friends of ours down there during Harvey pretty much lost it all.

You are correct, that is a huge worry of ours since that area seems extremely flood prone.. I don’t mind heat or humidity.. I prefer over the cold that hurts every joint and bone in my body. Went down there for fire school for a week and loved every minute.

I have alot of friends that live any were from 5 miles to 30 minutes from the coast. All have been through many storms. Worst was a tree through their roof a couple years ago.

I lived on Isle of Palms SC and had to deal with one Hurricane (Irene) that actually bounced off the coast and went up to OBX and Virginia Beach. Still had some flooding and high winds. The house I lived in had been rebuilt as an elevated home because the original dwelling was wiped out by Hugo as most of the SC coast was.
You can keep the suffocating humidity, the poisonous snakes, gators and never dying bugs for yourself. Homeowners and flood insurance was outrageous too. Great place to vacation, not living there again.

All valid perspectives and reasons Kentucky was our answer.

We did live in Denton, TX for a while and I liked that climate. My wife is from Houston and it is an amazing area - job opportunities, food, and reasonably affordable - traffic and humidity are tough. I spend a couple of months a year in Houston for work. I can't imagine trying to pay the costs of living on the west coast.

Kentucky downside, can't solve most murders: no dental records and everyone shares the same DNA.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.JPG
    IMG_1375.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
All valid perspectives and reasons Kentucky was our answer.

We did live in Denton, TX for a while and I liked that climate. My wife is from Houston and it is an amazing area - job opportunities, food, and reasonably affordable - traffic and humidity are tough. I spend a couple of months a year in Houston for work. I can't imagine trying to pay the costs of living on the west coast.

Kentucky downside, can't solve most murders: no dental records and everyone shares the same DNA.
What lake is that?

Back