In Honor of the Malvern Opener

Vet261

PR Addict
Another year is upon us and as usual the great Northeast Ohio outdoor season opens with Malvern MX on Sunday 4/7.

125C class start probably 1987. I'm on a 1985 RM125 right in the center with the FAT #8.
Are you in this pic too?
Malvern1987-2sm.jpg

Malvern1987-1sm.jpg

Wow, look at all the big trees!

I didnt even know Malvern existed in 1987, I was riding strip mines in Dundee and had rode at Gran Prix one time. In 89 I met a friend that introduced me to CRA Hare Scrambles and I started racing those til 94 when I met some friends that were into MX.

Wow, look at all the big trees!

I didnt even know Malvern existed in 1987, I was riding strip mines in Dundee and had rode at Gran Prix one time. In 89 I met a friend that introduced me to CRA Hare Scrambles and I started racing those til 94 when I met some friends that were into MX.
Grand prix, was that crash in buren?

Malvern had AMA races in 1978. It was called Motosport Trials.
They ran the current track for A and B classes, and a lower track for C class.

I'm not sure when Motosport Trails actually opened , but I raced my first ever race there in 1973 on a Yamaha SC500 ( Big bore 2 stroke of their MX line ) . I'm not even sure if there were A , B , C classes at that time , or maybe it was a Novice , Expert dealio ; honestly can't remember for sure ( Been a LONG time !) . I think we all just raced together by bike displacement ,designated classes . There was no lower track at that time ; that came in '77 or '78 . Full lines ( No starting gate then ) of about every bike brand you can name , of that era .

Malvern was still called "Motosport Trails" when I raced there in the late 80's.

I can't remember the exact details, but I remember the track we know as Malvern closing for a period, and Motosport Trails moved to a different location, which was eventually renamed as what we all remember as Spring Valley. I remember racing in 1989 at the Spring Valley location with the name Motosport Trails still in place.

Then later Malvern reopened as 'Malvern MX" like we know it today, and I believe that was when the trees were gone, the big landfill mountain was in the background, etc.

Anyone know why the Malvern track location closed for several years?

Malvern was still called "Motosport Trails" when I raced there in the late 80's.

I can't remember the exact details, but I remember the track we know as Malvern closing for a period, and Motosport Trails moved to a different location, which was eventually renamed as what we all remember as Spring Valley. I remember racing in 1989 at the Spring Valley location with the name Motosport Trails still in place.

Then later Malvern reopened as 'Malvern MX" like we know it today, and I believe that was when the trees were gone, the big landfill mountain was in the background, etc.

Anyone know why the Malvern track location closed for several years?
{wasn’t it because of the land fill wanting the property..

I stopped by for a few minutes after church. Place was jammin and the track looked good!

First time I’ve been there in 6 years track was fun. Announcing was great but 33 classes in one day was to many pulled out last night at 7 and they had 13 motos to go. But good job otherwise

Need to go to 8 minute moto's when the numbers get that high. 15-17 minutes for p-dubs to run four laps isn't helping anyone.

I knew it was gonna be a long day when the rider wiped out on the finish line jump of the sight lap before the first moto and delayed the start by 20 minutes.

Back