AMA VMD 2020 - POSTPONED

Vet261

PR Addict
2020 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days will be TBD
AMA members get early access to discounted tickets now at www.americanmotorcyclist.com
PICKERINGTON, Ohio — Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, will be bursting at the seams with vintage motorcycle racing, a massive swap meet, vendors, entertainment, seminars and more July 10-12, 2020, as AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days returns to the premier racecourse for the 26th year.
AMA members can purchase discounted tickets now at www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/tickets. AMA members save an additional $5 off the already discounted early bird pricing. AMA members can also call (614) 856-1900 to order their tickets.
“AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days grows and improves year after year, and we expect the 2020 event to continue that tradition,” said AMA Chief Operations Officer Jeff Massey. “This event brings motorcyclists of all ages and backgrounds together to celebrate the freedom of motorcycles, whether that involves racing, admiring classic motorcycles or buying and selling parts and gear.”
A fundraiser for the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days showcases classic motorcycles of all makes and styles, and honors the riders who made them famous.
“AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days has been a highlight of the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course calendar for decades, and we’re thrilled to welcome this one-of-a-kind event back to our historic race facility and to North Central Ohio again in 2020,” said Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course President Craig Rust. “AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days has grown significantly over the years and reflects both the deep passion for motorcycling in America and our strong partnership with the AMA.”
Activities at the event include the AMA Vintage Grand Championship, which features road racing, motocross, hare scrambles, trials and flat-track racing. In addition, North America’s largest motorcycle swap meet is packed with parts, bikes and memorabilia from all eras. There are shows with examples of some of history’s most beloved motorcycles. Attendees are entertained by stunt shows, demo rides of current production bikes and live music, while seminars on numerous topics by noted motorcycling experts keep them informed.
Non-AMA members and those reserving RV spaces must purchase tickets through Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. These tickets will be available in December online at midohio.com or by calling (419) 884-4000.
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days is a family-friendly event. Children 12 and under get in free with a ticketed adult. Free parking is also available on site. Follow ongoing news and updates for the event on social media using #AMAVMD.
Proceeds from AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days benefit the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame. The mission of the Hall of Fame, located on the AMA campus in Pickerington, Ohio, is to tell the stories and preserve the history of motorcycling’s legends and heroes. For more information, call (614) 856-2222, or visit the Hall of Fame’s website at www.motorcyclemuseum.org.

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
Funny, I was mowing the lawn yesterday afternoon. In the barn and garage, glancing at the bikes the thought occurred to me that the clock is ticking again on getting my bikes ready for next July.o_O

We just finished up fall ball and my granddaughters cheering Sunday football games, and now I'm spending every spare moment trying to sort out issues on another home project. All the while thinking to myself about much work I need to do on the bikes.

Dano762

PR Addict
Breaking news.

Two stroke exhaust fumes and beer stop COVID-19.

2 stroke.jpg

Vet261

PR Addict
Breaking news! Name changed for AMA VMD this year to allow it to go on as usual without disruption!

It is now named "Mid Ohio Golfing Days sponsored by Home Depot." Just be warned, the facility is rather large, so you should bring a motorcycle or ten to be able to get around the facility!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Golf club tech inspection open from 7am to 8am.
Player meeting and 8:30
Tee-off time begins at 9am sharp in groups of 15 to 27.
Golf lunch intermission at noon, so course personnel can prep the bunkers, fairways and water the greens.

Golf Scramble in the woods Friday, spare bikes, balls are definite must.
Saturday, multiple rounds for the old worm burners (down pipes). Awards given for the best vintage Golf Nickers.
Sunday, Golf hitting and balancing tricks in the woods again. Green Jackets for the masters of "Smooth".
Sunday, we have the Big Hitters and Fairway Blasters that fear no bunker, drink and never lay-up, and always welcome big air. (No place for the Yips.)
All weekend we have the Dog Track, catching it clean as they race to the green.

Don't forget to visit our Pro Shop swap meet and "carts parts" to assure you come back next year with a Birdie instead of a Bogie.

That was Fun :D
1588599661110.png

Last edited:

Vet261

PR Addict
2020 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days Postponed, New Date To Be Determined

Annual celebration of America's motorcycling heritage benefits the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association and Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Mid-Ohio), working closely with state and local health authorities, are postponing AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, scheduled for July 10-12 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, in accordance with the state's "Responsible RestartOhio" guidelines for holding public events amid the coronavirus pandemic. New dates for the event later in 2020 have not been finalized.

"Unfortunately, event restrictions in place under order of the Ohio Department of Health prohibit many traditional elements of AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days that our competitors and fans have come to enjoy," said AMA Chief Operating Officer James Holter. "The social interaction and camaraderie are an integral component that we love about this event. The multi-day swap meet, the camping, in-field activities, the crowds, not to mention the organic fun of the event, are impossible in light of the current situation."

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course President Craig Rust added: "We are disappointed, but this is the right decision. Mid-Ohio will continue to work closely with the AMA, as well as our state and local health officials, to monitor the ongoing coronavirus situation and identify when AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days can be rescheduled for 2020. We ask for everyone's patience, and we will announce a new date as soon as possible."

Previously purchased tickets will be honored on the new date.

Dano762

PR Addict
That is too bad.

This event is right up there for me as a depraved yet delightful example of anarchy and social disobedience. Close to 1980's Halloween nights in Athens, Ohio.

Don't call it a race. Call it a protest and let's get on with it.

John250

PR Founding Father
Of course it has been. While other states are opening up, we are living under these restrictions. Governor Dewine has been pretty defiant with the state legislators. They want the state opened up. Many of them signed onto an email to the governor. He sent them a brief email in return, that they have released to the media. His response, "the state is open"...........

Not sure what state he is in, but this state is FAR from open, and there are so many restrictions, it is laughable. I've been in 5 states in 3 weeks. None of them locked down with restrictions like Ohio.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Not at all surprised.
Thinking positive, thinking positive, thinking positive......
When we do have it, IT WILL BE THE GREATEST AMA-VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE DAYS THAT WE HAVE EVER HAD ! A YEAR TO BE REMEMBERED.

(good........ I don't have my bikes ready anyway, haha).

John250

PR Founding Father
With all the COVID spike talk in the news, makes me wonder ??????????
Governor DeWine will not be happy until he has totally destroyed all the tourism economy in the state for 2020. Hell almost every fall festival has been cancelled. My guess is the AMA cancels the event for 2020.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Setting here this morning thinking about upcoming races, and Vintage Days crosses my mind again.

Thinking about how they will manage rider sign up in the mornings? The AMA crew always seems to get through it, but it's chaotic and frenzied to say the least. Especially with people changing class's, dropping class's, adding class's, etc.
I'm always pre-registered but even that seems to be a challenge for them to keep straight. The whole time, you are shoulder to shoulder in the sign up trailer and the long line outside to get in. And it's a tight time window to get all of that done.

You also have the crowding at the riders meeting, at race starts, and finish's. You have crowding during the awards ceremonies. You have crowding at all of the scheduled Vintage Days activities and booths. You have crowding at the swap meet.
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days is what it is because it draws crowds. That's what makes and defines it's success every year. How do you ensure safe social distancing at an event like that, when what you really need is crowding to happen?
We all know how it goes...... "Alright everybody, Gather around we are about to have a riders meeting"??????? And even then you often struggle to hear what's being said.

The pits were jammed so tight last year, that on Friday morning, as I was gearing up for the Cross Country race, I got into a heated argument with a guy who decided that I was in his God-given designated space. They dropped a trailer, and left with the truck. When I came through, the space was open, so I parked my truck there. And that's all I have is my truck.
He became a first class A-hole and was bitching that when his son came back, that they would need that space, and insisting that I move immediately. I assured him that I would relocate after my one hour race, but he'll have to wait till then. He even began hassling my daughter about it when I went down for race grouping. And she has a shorter fuse than I. After my CC race, there was absolutely nowhere to park, and we ended up relocating clear up on top of the north-east side hill.
He moved a table and trash barrel into the space in front of his trailer. His son never came back with the truck until Sunday morning.

I am helping coach two ball teams again this year for the grandkids. The season got a late start, and we have games scheduled clear till July 31st. Spring season is usually done by 1st of July. So that is eating up much of my bike rebuild time. And then if allowed, Fall Ball starts in August.

I just read the Super Regional 2020 thread where once again, the Outdoor Nationals are indefinitely postponed.
None of this looks too good right now. Thinking maybe we'll just quit fretting over it all, try to hit some local races, and call it a year.

Last edited:
I'm jonesing for the Vintage Days just like everybody else but since its on hold I will be heading to Dragway 42 for some 200 MPH Top Fuel bikes this weekend. The Man Cup series will be in town and they are worth checking out.

Double D

PR Founding Father
That is too bad.

This event is right up there for me as a depraved yet delightful example of anarchy and social disobedience. Close to 1980's Halloween nights in Athens, Ohio.

Don't call it a race. Call it a protest and let's get on with it.
Isn’t that what it ends up being?

John250

PR Founding Father
Can you believe DeWine is letting the counties have there fairs!!! But no Mid-Ohio???

Yes I can. Mike likes a good fair. Once again what's allowed and not allowed make zero common sense. Hell every fall festival in the state has cancelled.