Type F ATF

Conventional oil. For 2 stroke transmission oil, the cost of synthetic and what small benefit you gain by it, is not worth it. You are just putting more money in someone else's pocket.

People stopped posting on here because you can get in a 10 page argument about literally anything...... Including transmission oil.

I just want to bench race man - that's all!

Heres a funny story. Was just starting out racing in the early 90s with my sweet 87 kx80. Was at a track that the team green box van. My mom decided to go ask what kind of oil to use in my bike as we were completely new and clueless. The guy gave her a quart of castrol 20-50 and told her this is what every team runs despite whatever sponser they have. Obviously this doesn’t fly today but was pretty funny back then. Ive run that junk in every bike since. Never a single clutch or trans problem ever. Had yz250 for 9 years on the original clutch.

Heres a funny story. Was just starting out racing in the early 90s with my sweet 87 kx80. Was at a track that the team green box van. My mom decided to go ask what kind of oil to use in my bike as we were completely new and clueless. The guy gave her a quart of castrol 20-50 and told her this is what every team runs despite whatever sponser they have. Obviously this doesn’t fly today but was pretty funny back then. Ive run that junk in every bike since. Never a single clutch or trans problem ever. Had yz250 for 9 years on the original clutch.
that's funny.. i used to run that in my old rm125.. maybe like 85, 86 back in the day because my dad used it in his old race cars.. it was free.;)

oil? fluid? you guys put that stuff in there?

two tablespoons of petroleum jelly on the clutch basket, and another on the primary gear.......its a factory works secret.

All I know is reading this, cheap oil, expensive oil, some of you guys are wasting your money changing oil every ride or two rides. How many hours are even on it? So is a race day a ride? Oils are very good today, and its not 1979 anymore.

Maybe we just leave this here: :cool:
Seems fitting for most topics ........

EB214945-37D4-4AF6-9D87-01AF2CD6F347.jpeg

LOL...!!!!

We need a good old fashion SX controversy to spark things up around here!!!! Ferrandis slamming Craig was almost good enough, we need something like that in the 450 class with some of the main players!!!!

Let's have AC take out Roczen in the same manner and we will have plenty to talk about!!!!!

I do like the idea that we have a bunch of guys that are all in the running to win races this year, normally we are down to 2 or 3 riders only in the big bike class that can win.

They used to take a Jap sport bike at Pub 44 in New Smyrna, drain the oil and antifreeze out of it, started it up, rev the crap out of it until it blew up. Most times, there would be a small little fire when it finally went. But the amazing part is, how damn long I've seen those motors keep running!! I remember a couple times, the announcers kind of laughing about it, because they just would not let go. So the Japs are pretty good at building bullet proof motors.

Back in the day, if your clutch started slipping you could replace the oil with type F trans fluid to get you through the day. That coupled with spark plug washers to preload the springs. The type F made the plates grip better.

It was a way to salvage the day when your maintenance wasn't spot on.

Back