Goggles for Docs

mshafer62

PR Addict
Have you heard about this group?
Possibly you've seen them mentioned as a benefactor of the Moto Fite Club auction?

Briefly, they are a grassroots effort to help provide protective eyewear to hospitals that are in need.
So far they have provided over 41,000 pairs of goggles.
Here is their website https://gogglesfordocs.com/

Seeing there are 5 Ohio hospitals requesting approximately 60 pairs, I decided to get involved.
I'm volunteering my time to find goggles and my home is currently the only dropoff location in Central Ohio.

So, I'm asking if you will help. Might you have any gently used or new goggles that could be donated?
They will accept either moto or ski goggles. Clear lenses are preferred but they aren't picky.
You can get them to me via drop off at my home, at a track, or ship them yourself.

More information to follow.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

mshafer62

PR Addict
Update:

Thank you Brian Flanagan/Sam's Bar in Delaware for the 18 pairs of goggles donated to Goggles For Doc's!

Working with Jeremy Osborn, half of these were donated to the Licking Memorial Hospital Emergency Room.
Unfortunately due to hospital regulations, they wouldn't allow any pictures. LM ER was chosen because
they are the closest to Briarcliff MX.

The remaining pairs are in the process of being donated, details to follow.

1601656915411.png

The need for protective equiptment is still an issue and with reopenings, its more than just doctors in need, i.e Nurses, Teachers, Fire & Rescue ++

Possibly the Ohio tracks, dealerships, OMA, AMA could get behind this program?

Please DM me if you have new or used goggles (ski or motorcycle) you would like to donate or wish to get involved.

Thank you for your consideration
Mark Shafer

mshafer62

PR Addict
John250 - Yes. Their intended use is temporary as eye protection has government safety standards.

Click the web link in my first post and scroll down to the bottom
to see the complete list. In the last update, they have collected and donated
over 50,000 pairs.

Here is the list from Ohio
Lake Health
Mentor, OH
Franklin Township Fire Dept
Columbus, OH
Ohio Health Emergency Department
Lewis Center, OH
Cincinnati VA
HARRISON, OH
Northeast Ohio infectious disease
Youngstown, OH
Toledo Hospital - ProMedica Pulmonary Critical Care team
Toledo, OH
Newark Division of Fire/EMS (Ohio)
Newark, OH
Salem Regional Medical Center
Salem, OH

Additionally,
Fairfield Hospital in Lancaster and Doctors Hospital in Columbus have received donations.

Licking Mem ER was thankful for the quantity they received but would have taken more...