Why am I cleaning air filter and re-using them?

hershey

PR Elite
B

And the washing machine cleaning of no toil is the bomb. Its not hard on the septic and its actually recommend by no toil. The beauty of environmentally friendly filter oil

jj584

PR Addict
B

And the washing machine cleaning of no toil is the bomb. Its not hard on the septic and its actually recommend by no toil. The beauty of environmentally friendly filter oil
Is there a special process to switch over to no toil when using something different previously?

hershey

PR Elite
Tip on the washing machine cleaning. Use the gentle cycle and add the no toil cleaner along with a normal amount of regular detergent. The washing machine definitely can be harder on the filters but I generally still get a year or more out of them

saplakc

PR Addict
Yeah blu cru airbox is brutal.

Only bike I have ever greased the filter rim on - and I buy twin air filters because they have a rubber gromet that seals around the center of the backfire screen better.
Agreed. When I did the top end in my 250f I found dirt in the intake. I was so careful with it. Also used the foam plugs in the intake. Gravity is a bitch. The one downside of that intake.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Tip on the washing machine cleaning. Use the gentle cycle and add the no toil cleaner along with a normal amount of regular detergent. The washing machine definitely can be harder on the filters but I generally still get a year or more out of them

Like.....how many filters are you washing ???? Or you throwin them in with your gear too ?

also that notoil powder heats up. Noticed my hands get real warm.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
C) run without

This is THE secret to gaining some extra ponies. The secret the factories don't want you to know about. Those foam filters are a hoax to get you to buy more parts and spend more money. Take it out and let er rip tater chip. You'll thank me later.
Agree, been doing this for years man! Just line your intake with some grease and you’re good!

hershey

PR Elite
Run it??
20200626_174128.jpg

ktrop251

PR Member
Agree, been doing this for years man! Just line your intake with some grease and you’re good!
I missed the grease. That must be why you've been faster than me all these years. Definitely giving this a shot before I ride next. Just wait til you hear this 125 purr. Gonna be shaking in your astars, son.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
His Astars night literally shake apart.

@hershey you just throw 6 filters in a washing machine with nothing else in it but no toil powder ?

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
His Astars night literally shake apart.

@hershey you just throw 6 filters in a washing machine with nothing else in it but no toil powder ?

Follow directions on the bottle. 1/4 cup cleaner (I usually do half cup) and washing detergent like normal. Come out like new. Use the gentle cycle though.