Baja

John250

PR Founding Father
sounds like baja is a cluster F.....read a couple different post on Facebook. The police shut the gate down because people were lined up on the road with no place to go. Pre-registered entries not getting in the gate and the Meijer parking lot is full of campers.

Not sure if this is just a huge turn out or a covid thing, but a few people on FB are not happy.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
They had a worker down here. We had him call them at 1015ish to see what was going on. He said they don't know what to do, what to tell us, but that he needed to leave. Meijer's evidently is okay with us all here.
Trooper was at the gate along with a Baja worker telling everyone to come down here and get off the road.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I guess you're in for a long weekend of beer, motocross, pit bikes and music. Beats workin'.

Sounds to me like a few people on facebook need to start their own track. But then they will not have anything to bitch about!

Baja is a top notch crew - they'll get it figured out.

Motocross is dead!

Toddco327

PR Addict
Looks like they are accepting pre registered riders only. Stinks if you drove a long way to get there then had to go home.

Is anyone ever happy on FB?

GoFar

PR Member
It is busy here.....glad I got here when I did. Lol

Previous years they helped us park, made sure we parked tight so they got as many people in as they could. This year, didn't seem to care. Idk if that made the difference or not.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Baja 06-01-2019.jpg

Because I like photo's - Baja !

John250

PR Founding Father
Wouldnt be surprised if county or some state official steps in and shuts it down if any of this gets media traction.

Thats exactly what I thought. I mean hell, the Michigan governor is not even allowing them to play high school sports yet.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
So last I saw there was probably 150 campers in Meijer's parking lot.
Beer pong was going on, dirt bikes came out of the haulers, side by sides where screaming around the lot. Total party in a grocery store parking lot. Lol

They had three officers knocking on doors telling every one to go six miles to a love truck stop down the road. I decided that I would check out the twp building I saw by Baja. Went there, it had probably 15 campers. I laid back down around 3ish, heard campers pulling in all night. Got up at 530 and headed to the track. I was the only camper in the lot, gates opened at 7am.

Get to the track, they put us in the right hand lane. The left lane is moving 5 vehicles to our 1. After about an hour and a half we get up to the ladies working. Sit there for a 10mins and they tell us they are moving us to another point and to follow a worker. He snakes us through a field as they are parking campers in it. Get to that point and then sit there for a while longer. Probably close to 45 mins in total of being the first vehicle in the line.

Sign up was slow but not horrible, buddy didn't pre register and it took him 3hrs and 40 mins...

The pit bikes were completely nuts, seemed like thousands of them, no kidding. Thousand of them.
Logan loved the ponds to fish in, and swam a bit.
Was pissed they cut the laps on Sunday at the prices paid for classes.

Last edited:

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Sounds like Baja was a total cluster F@#k.
Yes and no. If it wasnt for the Thursday night entry being closed off things went some what smooth. We had a great weekend over all, track was awesome. Super hard but pretty safe. The top corner, shortly after the start kicked Logans ass every race, he just couldnt figure it out.
He said it was more fun then Loretta's, and cant wait to go back.
We didnt stay up for the much of the night events, went and checked them out for a bit then went back to the campers. They had plenty of water available to fill up wash barrels, kept the roads moist to prevent the dust, had fresh water an sewage trucks rolling around all weekend. Couple venders, couple food trucks.

I was annoyed the MyLaps didnt have a screen or print outs avail. I have the app for his transponder but my phone wouldnt pull it up. I had 2-3 bars of verizon 4g but was in extended network while at the track and went back into regular service just a mile or two down the road.
The announcers were good also.

We will be back for sure.