KTM, HONDA & YAMAHA AGREE TO CREATE UNIVERSAL BATTERIES FOR ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLES

It was anaerobic/isometric torture - but what a blast.

I dabbed a bunch, fell a bit, and stalled a few times but did get through quite a few sessions cleanly. I explained to my family that is was like golf on a motorcycle. Each section like a golf hole and running it 3 times was like multiple rounds.

ARHMA event - but I am going to ride some with Brad Baumert. Where I ride, Saddleback East, Bedford, KY has a pretty active trials group.

Check out this video I found messing around looking at KTM Freeride stuff. Dude completely rules this course compared to the gas bikes! No stalling, no clutch, hand brakes....actually makes this sort of look fun! I would stall/fall 100 times on my 450 on this course.

Ever check out Freeride stuff from a local PitRacer guy? He has many electric bike videos.

I explained to my family that is was like golf on a motorcycle. Each section like a golf hole and running it 3 times was like multiple rounds.
But yet people go to the same mx track week after week, year after year. I enjoy the variety of trials. You can change and make multiple sections on one hillside

I want one too!
Oset’s take on it.

Back to the OG topic. The consortium for universal batteries.
If you watch till the end you’ll see him go in the store and ask for a battery swap.
If that becomes possible- look out

If the liberal left is not bitching about noise, it will be the erosion the bikes are causing or some soon to be field mouse that is becoming extinct due to off road vehicles.

You guys can go ride your heavy electric mountain bikes, I will take my loud ass, gas burning 450. I think there are way more people in my camp than the electric camp. But hey, there are some new man bun wearing kind or guys that an Alta, of some other electric bike will make them feel good I suppose.

Ever fly in an airplane across country? There is a whole lot of land out there with NOTHING around. How about people don't build a house next to a motocross track, speedway, etc. Then they will not have an issue. But once again, everyone wants to cave to 1% that complain.

Also, those that bitch about the AMA. These are the reasons I donate money to the AMA. They do a great job (trying to fight against clueless politicians) to protect the rights of all motorcyclist. Everyone should be joining and give a little extra to the legislative division.
Why? Just why?

I love smoking out the mosquitos with a hard press of the accelerator on the V8 but I also think a Tesla would be fun as hell. Everything has to be so black and white political these days

My only thing is what’s the longevity on those things? I see they depreciate real quick to but I mean I guess I can understand that what’s the battery life like I think the batteries probably the most expensive part her so it’s not like you to swap batteries once it’s toast?

back on topic. Japan realizes this is the only way to not get left in dust from the Austrians.....get them to agree to work with us on technology.....Suzuki’s new general manager Tyler from vitalmx is still not buying into this hogwash. BNG it is.
Screenshot_20210306-210718_Chrome.jpg

7 year unlimited mileage battery and drivetrain warranty. Sell it before that's up imo. Unless someone reverse enginerds the whole car...you can't really diagnose or fix them efficiently.

It's pretty neat though

Totally agree. Don’t want an iPhone that dies every 2 years. Didn’t KTM lease the battery pack on their free ride bike to address the longevity of the battery or am I making this up?

The E Bike race at daytona here was pretty boring. No sound. Seems like kids on toys not on motocross bikes. Just can't see casual race fans being excited to watch them.

And this conversation is absolutely political because the left is changing what we can and can not do. If everyone sits back and does nothing, you might not even be riding e bikes.

Back