Any used PW50’s for sale

Toddco327

PR Addict
Might be in the market for a PW50. But looking online there’s nothing. Anyone have anything let me know.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Made a bunch of calls today seeing if there are any new ones available. Not one in the state of Ohio. Apparently they are only taking orders and Yamaha hasn’t even giving a timeline on delivery. It’s tough out there.

John250

PR Founding Father
I would hate to be selling motorcycles or cars right now. There is nothing to sell. I was on two car lots today. Hell not a truck to be had. Salesman said that they know when they are in transit and are sold before they even hit the lot. Some sort of computer chip shortage. Once again, Covid strikes and is wrecking the economy.

jfalat

PR Addict
I would hate to be selling motorcycles or cars right now. There is nothing to sell. I was on two car lots today. Hell not a truck to be had. Salesman said that they know when they are in transit and are sold before they even hit the lot. Some sort of computer chip shortage. Once again, Covid strikes and is wrecking the economy.
Same with motorcycles.. i got lucky i found a bike... most bike our sold before they even arrive now is what i heard... you cant get anything.. i have had a seat on order for my sons 250 from early March.. still on back order..

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I would say Covid isn't wrecking . Most industries are experiencing records sales and no one was ready for it. We're up almost 6 million for the year and have very little inventory on hand. This time of year we usually have 3-5 million dollars in mower inventory and right now we're under 100k.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I was looking for a husky and couldn't find one close, all were5 hrs away in other states.
Ended up with the GasGas

John250

PR Founding Father
The car industry issue has something to due with a computer chip that is used in everything from TVs to cars.

alphado

PR Founding Father
I work in the plastic industry. Raw material grades of some plastics have become scarce halting production on several products, mostly automotive.

John250

PR Founding Father
I work in the plastic industry. Raw material grades of some plastics have become scarce halting production on several products, mostly automotive.
I am assuming all of this is due to Covid shut downs that are catching up to every industry.

jfalat

PR Addict
We spray our own bed liner on all the truck bodies here and line-x is very hard to get.. was told this was caused by the freezing temps in Texas trashing the plant that make plastic resin.. i herd this plant suppies alot of industries from cars to computer chips.. was also told resin is slow to come out of china... 45 days by boat, but its the only back up they have until the plant is repaired..

hershey

PR Elite
Back to the pdub.

Unless you find a mint one, don't buy used. I went that route with 2 of them at one time. By the time you buy a top end, cables, brakes and Misc parts you into the cost of a new bike. Trust me, only stock parts work correctly on them I tried the aftermarket throttle and brake cables....junk.

I should also say, that's only if your racing and wanting to be reliable. If you're just playing around and racing once in a while then go the used route and only fix the absolute necessity

Toddco327

PR Addict
Well I got some good news! Account Payables department gave the green light to buy a new one. (Wife). We ended up finding one locally that is coming in next week so we will pick it up.

Thanks to everyone on Pit who reached out to help and more than anything that means the most. I can’t say how much I appreciate it.

As for the industry and raw materials that’s 100% true. I work in paint and there are a number of plants that had issues with the Texas freeze. If one pipe bursts on a plant then probably 100’s of others have to. And they have to check every mile of pipe on that plant. It’s been a big mess

Finally the reason for the move to a PW was because the JR I worked on all winter blew a top end and the bottom end bearings took a crap. Cost to fix is about 550. And at that point I could buy a new PW and have zero other issues. Either way we are back up and running and will be riding soon. Then eventually we will fix the JR.

Dano762

PR Addict
Back to the pdub.

Unless you find a mint one, don't buy used. I went that route with 2 of them at one time. By the time you buy a top end, cables, brakes and Misc parts you into the cost of a new bike. Trust me, only stock parts work correctly on them I tried the aftermarket throttle and brake cables....junk.

I should also say, that's only if your racing and wanting to be reliable. If you're just playing around and racing once in a while then go the used route and only fix the absolute necessity
Agree with the buy new. Buy, use, maintain, and sell for about the same you paid for it. My son's first PW80 was like that. It was almost like a savings account.

I see mainstream dealers starting to sell these - around $1050.00. Don't know anything about them - look like a Honda copy.

1619566217702.png

Meister

PR Founding Father
We spray our own bed liner on all the truck bodies here and line-x is very hard to get.. was told this was caused by the freezing temps in Texas trashing the plant that make plastic resin.. i herd this plant suppies alot of industries from cars to computer chips.. was also told resin is slow to come out of china... 45 days by boat, but its the only back up they have until the plant is repaired..
Funny you say this.. I paint new residential homes. Certain lines of paint that Sherwin Williams sells is being reported to be in short supply for the exact same reason. Typically the lower line paints, so homeowners are getting upgrades on the cheap!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Back to the pdub.

Man, I went into the PW life with that exact mentality. I bought a brand new 18 that was a problem from the first day she rode it. First 15 minutes, it locked up. Yamaha put a new cylinder and piston in, said all else checked out. 45 minutes later, locked up again.. I skipped yamaha for the next build and had someone I trust very much rebuild the thing top to bottom with oem parts. Replaced anything that could've been a culprit. I sold it in that condition and told the new owner the 100% honest truth and he even knew the mechanic who did the work. We were both comfortable. I heard it wasn't too long and it did it again.

Then I have buddies buy used and even abuse them and they keep on kickin'.. how's ruined me..

Bought her a YCF50E and it's been an amazing little machine. I'd recommend them to anyone who isn't a crazy serious racer. I'm trying to sell the one I have only because my kids growing fast and she's too tall for it already. $1200 if anyone's interested. Holds a charge for over 2 hours. Has the ability to adjust the throttle sensitivity and the top speed. Very good bike for a little one.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Man, I went into the PW life with that exact mentality. I bought a brand new 18 that was a problem from the first day she rode it. First 15 minutes, it locked up. Yamaha put a new cylinder and piston in, said all else checked out. 45 minutes later, locked up again.. I skipped yamaha for the next build and had someone I trust very much rebuild the thing top to bottom with oem parts. Replaced anything that could've been a culprit. I sold it in that condition and told the new owner the 100% honest truth and he even knew the mechanic who did the work. We were both comfortable. I heard it wasn't too long and it did it again.

Then I have buddies buy used and even abuse them and they keep on kickin'.. how's ruined me..

Bought her a YCF50E and it's been an amazing little machine. I'd recommend them to anyone who isn't a crazy serious racer. I'm trying to sell the one I have only because my kids growing fast and she's too tall for it already. $1200 if anyone's interested. Holds a charge for over 2 hours. Has the ability to adjust the throttle sensitivity and the top speed. Very good bike for a little one.
My son has a pw and the ycf and i much prefer the ycf vs ow, it just straight rides better, period. But I’m keeping his pw bc he can’t race the ycf