Year of the Privateers?

Toddco327

PR Addict
Outdoors this year have been amazing! Hard to believe it’s almost over. Maybe one of the best outdoor seasons in a long time.

But as the year is unfolding I’ve noticed a lot more privateers making some big moves. Hand obviously has done a great job. Rodbell is top 15 on a regular basis. Surrat is 19th in points. And Coty Schock is blowing the doors off of factory riders.

What has been the difference maker? Are the factory and privateer bikes a lot closer than we think? Is everyone on a program? Or is it survival of the fittest?

Either way I’m hyped for these guys. Just seems like we have more of them running up front which makes moto more exciting.

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
I couldn't agree more. I think like you said, survival of the fittest, lot's of injuries. Man I was rooting for JMart and he got hurt again. But yes, lot's of good racing. Coty Schock is doing great. In his interviews he seems so relaxed and enjoying the ride. I like his personality. The 250's have been so entertaining. I would like to see Cooper pull it out and win it but Jet is peaking at the right time. He is amazing, I hope he stays healthy, he has a bright future.

John250

PR Founding Father
Lots of big names on the sidelines injured.
Barcia
Anderson
Osborne
Wilson
Plessinger (last two rounds)
Cianciarulo
Antsie
Craig
Nicolletti
Noren
Ray

All these are top 20 guys. So it opens up a lot of spots inside the top 20 for others.

hershey

PR Elite
Barcia
Anderson
Osborne
Wilson
Cianciarulo
Antsie
Craig
Nicolletti
Noren
Ray

All these are top 20 guys. So it opens up a lot of spots inside the top 20 for others.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But as Reed always said, you have to be in it to win it. Reed has the all time starts streak record, he was tough as nails.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Barcia
Anderson
Osborne
Wilson
Cianciarulo
Antsie
Craig
Nicolletti
Noren
Ray

I agree some of the big names are out. Barcia missed the last 2 races along with Aaron. Wilson, Craig and Anstie missed just the last race. So really I would say they’ve been in it as long as the privateers.

Noren and Ray aren’t “factory” level anyway. I have to tip my hat to the guys that are in top 20 of points this point in the season and there’s a good number that are privateers verses years past.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
O
That Schock dudes style is awesome to watch. His bike looks amazing for a "privateer" effort.
Dudes style is sick. Only thing that works against him is last year was his very first year of supercross. He did good for his first year but anymore teams aren’t really in it for motocross mainly just focused on supercross

John250

PR Founding Father
O

Dudes style is sick. Only thing that works against him is last year was his very first year of supercross. He did good for his first year but anymore teams aren’t really in it for motocross mainly just focused on supercross
What do you know amateur