Daytona RC SX

hershey

PR Elite
My RCSX week isn't starting according to plan. Had a nice trip to the ER last night for suspected kidney stones. The immense pain on my left flank was the indicator. While there, nurse comes in after scans and says she sees one. 20 minutes later the radiologist comes in and says it's not a stone. (Ok, so wth is it). They also took blood and urine for testing. No infection, all clear. Told me to head on out. I asked what's causing this excruciating pain and they shrugged their shoulders and told me to call in if it doesn't go away in a week or two. I could hardly stand up straight to walk to my truck.

This could be a rough one boys. Leaving tomorrow unless I'm dying.
WTF

Toddco327

PR Addict
My RCSX week isn't starting according to plan. Had a nice trip to the ER last night for suspected kidney stones. The immense pain on my left flank was the indicator. While there, nurse comes in after scans and says she sees one. 20 minutes later the radiologist comes in and says it's not a stone. (Ok, so wth is it). They also took blood and urine for testing. No infection, all clear. Told me to head on out. I asked what's causing this excruciating pain and they shrugged their shoulders and told me to call in if it doesn't go away in a week or two. I could hardly stand up straight to walk to my truck.

Maybe your growing a tail or something.

freeh

PR Founding Father

Kidney stones can be missed if they don't perform an MRI. I had one misdiagnosed for a year until I finally got an MRI.

Vet261

PR Addict
Sounds like Stones to me. Worst pain ever in my life.
On my FIRST of several trips to the ER when I had them, they had me basically diagnosed even before the cat scan results just from exactly the symptoms you are describing. That year is affectionately know as "max out of pocket" year for me.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Sounds like Stones to me. Worst pain ever in my life.
On my FIRST of several trips to the ER when I had them, they had me basically diagnosed even before the cat scan results just from exactly the symptoms you are describing. That year is affectionately know as "max out of pocket" year for me.
I had the exact same experience two summers ago while on vacation in Destin. I currently feel like I'm at the point before it hits the ureter. After it hits the ureter, hold on tight. Made me feel like a pusssy.. I'd rather break all the bones Ive ever broke, at the same time, than feel a stone Rollin through the ol ureter. My wife drove the whole way home from FL while I had that thing stuck in me..

Meister

PR Founding Father
BTW, mild symptoms started on the day I got the email from mxsports saying it was the last day for a refund. So.... No turning back unless I'm stuck in the fetal position. Lol

jfalat

PR Addict
I would be pissed if they sent me home hurting.. I guess I am lucky my wife is a nurse because that crap wouldn't fly with her.. she want answers.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
I've had two. First one was on a Christmas Eve morning and had my wife take me to ER. They sent me home with some good med's and it came out Christmas morning.

Second one was at Red Bud a year and a half later. We had spent the night at the Walmart parking lot about 20 minutes away when it hit. I couldn't even drive to the track the next morning I was in so much pain. I had my son drive (pullling over once so I could dry heave on the side of the road). Dropped him and his bikes off at the track with Chris McKinney, and my wife took me to the hospital in Niles. I don't believe I am allowed back there.

They loaded me up on Morphine, but it ends up because of my sleep apnea I almost quit breathing under the medication. Oxygen rate was down to 30. They wouldn't give me any more. I threw out a few choice words in the ER while there and my wife had to apologize to the staff before we left. That one came out a day later as well.

I kept all of my unused med's and I never leave on a trip without taking them with me. My wife says I'm a pussy.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I would be pissed if they sent me home hurting.. I guess I am lucky my wife is a nurse because that crap wouldn't fly with her.. she want answers.
Short of being an a hole, I was as firm as I could be about giving me answers. I give these people the benefit of the doubt because I can't imagine the nut jobs they see, but to push someone out in pain seemed shady..

I just got off the phone with my urologist and they said they can't get the scans because they aren't a part of the cle clinic. They said they agreed it could be a stone, but if one didn't show up on the scan, they wouldn't know without further testing. Ironically, today is the last day they're seeing patients for 2 weeks because they are switching over to be partnered with cle clinic. Hitting all kinds of dead ends. Supposed to leave in 18 hours. Lol

I also feel like some nurses look at you and think youre there to score meds.. I'm allergic to almost everything, so I'd think they wouldn't put me in that category, but it definitely happened in FL.. I was in agonizing pain and freaking out n one nurse actually hinted I was trying to get pills. With all filters removed due to pain, I told her it was bullshit she even insinuate that.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Short of being an a hole, I was as firm as I could be about giving me answers. I give these people the benefit of the doubt because I can't imagine the nut jobs they see, but to push someone out in pain seemed shady..

I just got off the phone with my urologist and they said they can't get the scans because they aren't a part of the cle clinic. They said they agreed it could be a stone, but if one didn't show up on the scan, they wouldn't know without further testing. Ironically, today is the last day they're seeing patients for 2 weeks because they are switching over to be partnered with cle clinic. Hitting all kinds of dead ends. Supposed to leave in 18 hours. Lol

I also feel like some nurses look at you and think youre there to score meds.. I'm allergic to almost everything, so I'd think they wouldn't put me in that category, but it definitely happened in FL.. I was in agonizing pain and freaking out n one nurse actually hinted I was trying to get pills. With all filters removed due to pain, I told her it was bullshit she even insinuate that.
Drink as much cranberry juice (straight, not cran-apple or anything like that) as you can handle. It sort of lubricates the highway and helps that thing come out (if that's what it is).

Meister

PR Founding Father
I've had two. First one was on a Christmas Eve morning and had my wife take me to ER. They sent me home with some good med's and it came out Christmas morning.

Second one was at Red Bud a year and a half later. We had spent the night at the Walmart parking lot about 20 minutes away when it hit. I couldn't even drive to the track the next morning I was in so much pain. I had my son drive (pullling over once so I could dry heave on the side of the road). Dropped him and his bikes off at the track with Chris McKinney, and my wife took me to the hospital in Niles. I don't believe I am allowed back there.

They loaded me up on Morphine, but it ends up because of my sleep apnea I almost quit breathing under the medication. Oxygen rate was down to 30. They wouldn't give me any more. I threw out a few choice words in the ER while there and my wife had to apologize to the staff before we left. That one came out a day later as well.

I kept all of my unused med's and I never leave on a trip without taking them with me. My wife says I'm a pussy.
My wife gave me so much s**t the first time I had them. She thought I was exaggerating. Luckily a few of her girlfriends described is as close to birth or worse and then she gave me a little slack.

I'll share my first experience.. lol..
I Started feeling crappy Wednesday of vacation week. Weds night I pissed before bed and it was pink. I kept that info to myself because my wife likes to freak out. Thursday morning, clear pee. Feeling crappy I said id go down to the beach but wasn't swimming or anything. Started feeling worse n went up to the outhouse to pee. Pissed blood red. I headed back to the house and during that 2 min golf cart drive death grabbed ahold of me. I called the wife and said she needed to come back n take me to the hospital. I was in the fetal position on the bedroom floor by the time she got there. After they confirmed a stone, they started with iv meds. They gave me everything. Dilaudid, morphine, the regular stuff.. I told them all they were doing was making me high and I was still dying, which was evident by my uncontrollable movements to find comfort. They then gave me ketamine.. that's when the walls started melting. They got me under control n sent me on my way with a script of Dilaudid in pill form. The VRBO renter knew what was going on and was nice enough to let us stay till Sunday morning.. well, 5am Sunday, it flared up. I took pills, went to the couch, searching for relief anywhere. Then it hit me, try the hot tub. Got in my underwear n headed out for the community hot tub at 6am. It freakin worked. Immediate (albeit temporary) relief.. once the pain came back I went back to the couch, almost making a move back to the ER.. then I hit the tub again and figured out that back and forth from the hot tub to pool to hot tub was shocking enough to my body that it helped immensely.. I did that till we left for home.. wife drove the whole way because I was eating Dilaudid like tic tacs. Had the lithotripsy done a week after home then finally pissed out a full 6.4mm stone..

F kidney stones.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I can read this stuff bro. You have me crossing my legs dude. Obviously I have never had one or sounds like I'd be in tears reading it....

Best of luck man. I thought they had some sort of something that helped to dissolve them if indeed they were able to be? They can't give that to you without knowing that is what it is I suppose? Damn man. Hope it all works out. Regardless I won't be reading any of your post in this thread or any ones reply to them...lol.

Vet261

PR Addict
LOL. My only enjoyment from reading this stuff is I know EXACTLY how it feels. It is such horrible pain that you cannot escape from and you end up literally just writhing on the floor. I had the dry heaves too.

Funny part about mine was I never had this in my life, never even thought about them. Suddenly woke up from the excruciating pain I believe the day after coming home from High Point for an area qualifier. When I went to the ER and I'm like dying as they check me in and the dude is asking me if I've ever had kidney stones.....I'm like who the f**k cares about my medical history dude I have some bursted organs or something going on inside me.....that's when he casually goes....well you pretty much have all the signs of a stone. I couldn't believe it.

I never actually peed out that stone, it broke up on entry and I peed out grit. Then had lithotripsy to break up the others and peed out blood, scabs, and grit for a couple days. YUCK

Vet261

PR Addict
For anyone wondering that hasn't had them....the pain is not actually pissing them out. It's from the kidney to the bladder. Not from the bladder through the weiner.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I can read this stuff bro. You have me crossing my legs dude. Obviously I have never had one or sounds like I'd be in tears reading it....

Best of luck man. I thought they had some sort of something that helped to dissolve them if indeed they were able to be? They can't give that to you without knowing that is what it is I suppose? Damn man. Hope it all works out. Regardless I won't be reading any of your post in this thread or any ones reply to them...lol.
Just the first part of what you said tells me you haven't had them lol.. I always thought it would be painful to the unit. However, for me, it wasn't at all.. it's the pain once it leaves the kidney n makes its way to the bladder that was the most intense.. when I actually came out, i just felt a "bloop" then it just came out.. lol. Thanks for the positive vibes. If it is a stone, I hope it stays put the next two weeks then comes after Daytona if it's going to at all..

Meister

PR Founding Father
LOL. My only enjoyment from reading this stuff is I know EXACTLY how it feels. It is such horrible pain that you cannot escape from and you end up literally just writhing on the floor. I had the dry heaves too.

Funny part about mine was I never had this in my life, never even thought about them. Suddenly woke up from the excruciating pain I believe the day after coming home from High Point for an area qualifier. When I went to the ER and I'm like dying as they check me in and the dude is asking me if I've ever had kidney stones.....I'm like who the f**k cares about my medical history dude I have some bursted organs or something going on inside me.....that's when he casually goes....well you pretty much have all the signs of a stone. I couldn't believe it.

I never actually peed out that stone, it broke up on entry and I peed out grit. Then had lithotripsy to break up the others and peed out blood, scabs, and grit for a couple days. YUCK
Same. Never an issue till THAT day.

I pissed more blood after the lithotripsy thing best the hell out of me then I did the first time. All for nothing because it didn't even break it up.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
My wife gave me so much s**t the first time I had them. She thought I was exaggerating. Luckily a few of her girlfriends described is as close to birth or worse and then she gave me a little slack.

I'll share my first experience.. lol..
I Started feeling crappy Wednesday of vacation week. Weds night I pissed before bed and it was pink. I kept that info to myself because my wife likes to freak out. Thursday morning, clear pee. Feeling crappy I said id go down to the beach but wasn't swimming or anything. Started feeling worse n went up to the outhouse to pee. Pissed blood red. I headed back to the house and during that 2 min golf cart drive death grabbed ahold of me. I called the wife and said she needed to come back n take me to the hospital. I was in the fetal position on the bedroom floor by the time she got there. After they confirmed a stone, they started with iv meds. They gave me everything. Dilaudid, morphine, the regular stuff.. I told them all they were doing was making me high and I was still dying, which was evident by my uncontrollable movements to find comfort. They then gave me ketamine.. that's when the walls started melting. They got me under control n sent me on my way with a script of Dilaudid in pill form. The VRBO renter knew what was going on and was nice enough to let us stay till Sunday morning.. well, 5am Sunday, it flared up. I took pills, went to the couch, searching for relief anywhere. Then it hit me, try the hot tub. Got in my underwear n headed out for the community hot tub at 6am. It freakin worked. Immediate (albeit temporary) relief.. once the pain came back I went back to the couch, almost making a move back to the ER.. then I hit the tub again and figured out that back and forth from the hot tub to pool to hot tub was shocking enough to my body that it helped immensely.. I did that till we left for home.. wife drove the whole way because I was eating Dilaudid like tic tacs. Had the lithotripsy done a week after home then finally pissed out a full 6.4mm stone..

F kidney stones.
6.4mm, man that's like a 1/4". How do you even have stuff working down there after that?

My wife laughed how small mine were. If you look close at them though, they weren't round like a ball, mine had little hooks in them.