Rona in SX for '22

Lol CK1 wishing you the best in the ICU as asphyxiation settles in.

Having lost a mom and an uncle in the last three months, “rona” is real. Does it impact the fittest athletes on the planet racing sx, no probably not, but it’s the folks attending in the stands that are at risk. Definitely a choice to attend stadium racing and I totally respect that choice and think that it should be a freedom to attend. With that said hospitals are full up so need to do what we can to protect ourselves, our family, and people around us.

Lol CK1 wishing you the best in the ICU as asphyxiation settles in.

Having lost a mom and an uncle in the last three months, “rona” is real. Does it impact the fittest athletes on the planet racing sx, no probably not, but it’s the folks attending in the stands that are at risk. Definitely a choice to attend stadium racing and I totally respect that choice and think that it should be a freedom to attend. With that said hospitals are full up so need to do what we can to protect ourselves, our family, and people around us.
Sorry but that statement about the hospitals being full is 100% BS. I was in the emergency room last Friday from 8pm to 3am and four total people walked in the door. Including myself. Got back to the emergency suites and 2 of the 36 had people in them. And I was one.
Had surgery yesterday morning and again the hospital is basically empty.
Sorry for your loss. I never said Rona isn’t real. I just don’t want every damn topic on a motocross site to come down to bickering about a damn shot. Get it if you want. I got mine and still got Rona like everyone else

100%, that’s a very absolute value. Maybe you don’t understand the difference between emergency rooms and ICU. I get it, acronyms are tough. At least back in October, 3 major hospitals in the Mansfield area where completely booked in ICU beds with Covid patients. That’s why my mom didn’t have great care, but sub-optimal due to the lack of available beds. Hindsight being 20-20, should have flown to Grant. I love hopping back on Pitracer twice a year for the comedic relief from all the goons

100%, that’s a very absolute value. Maybe you don’t understand the difference between emergency rooms and ICU. I get it, acronyms are tough. At least back in October, 3 major hospitals in the Mansfield area where completely booked in ICU beds with Covid patients. That’s why my mom didn’t have great care, but sub-optimal due to the lack of available beds. Hindsight being 20-20, should have flown to Grant. I love hopping back on Pitracer twice a year for the comedic relief from all the goons
Yeah, some don't know what they don't know my friend and aren't smart enough to know that. Sorry for your loss man. Talk to you in 6 months if I'm around... ;)

Here is the truth about Covid and the Flu. It is unfortunately killing the same people it has from the beginning for the most part. over 93% of those dying are over 61 years old. over 97% had 4 or more comorbidities. These are not healthy people dying, in most cases.

Young healthy athletes have more chance of dying from complications of the vaccine than they do the virus.

You bet on that John or is that your opinion?

Keep taking counsel from yourself bud. Works for you I guess...

Even if riders were positive. Chances of them spreading it to other racers while racing. Very low.

Quarantine them in there trucks. Get on the bike race. Get out. If they want.

Instead of dumping billions in test kits and vaccines, expand hosptial bed capacity, expand nurses, expand training for medical professionals. There are plenty that want to help. Just not in the current conditions. Make the conditions better with staffing ratios and nurses and hosptial staff will come out in droves when they feel supported.

Your claim of hospitals being full of just covid patients is also wrong. Typically, according to statistics you can easily research, hospitals are above 80% capacity this time of year prior to covid.

I'm sorry for your loss, it's never good and I can't claim to know how you feel. But to ignore easily researched facts and blast people without taking the facts into account in your argument makes you no better than those your upset with. Except for those who have posted actual fact.

No. I was hoping for conversation on topics that we just missed. A big name (Brayton) missed a round and that means his team (sponsors) didn’t get the exposure they paid for. I would think any team that drives a semi to a race could find an able body guy to take that ride for a week or two. This could open opportunities for those young guys or dudes just in the outside. But the team just missed a great opportunity for extra coverage. Had they put someone like Grant on that bike for one week they would have got more press then Brayton all year.
That is what I was thinking when I started this. Not you and Scoob going back and forth. Neither of you are going to change anyone’s minds on that topic

No. I was hoping for conversation on topics that we just missed. A big name (Brayton) missed a round and that means his team (sponsors) didn’t get the exposure they paid for. I would think any team that drives a semi to a race could find an able body guy to take that ride for a week or two. This could open opportunities for those young guys or dudes just in the outside. But the team just missed a great opportunity for extra coverage. Had they put someone like Grant on that bike for one week they would have got more press then Brayton all year.
That is what I was thinking when I started this. Not you and Scoob going back and forth. Neither of you are going to change anyone’s minds on that topic
I tried to start that topic and got the "you're an idiot" answer.

Take the realistic approach supported by science. Test if you're sick, if not....race on. The NFL did it and it's working fine. Not to mention, the college football teams have games with no mandates at all for the stands. Packed to capacity, guess what ??? Absolutely no evidence of super spreader events. Not one.

We know the risk group, protect them as best we can, let everyone else live on.

Name 3 sponsors on roczen bike.

Name 3 on Andersons ….?

is sponsor exposure really a thing ?
Not on the bike, but exposure is everything to sponsors. Why do you think Wilson has a ride? JS7 had sponsors for a few years after he stopped riding, why? The new age is social media exposure, that's where most if the marketing is coming from for the sponsors. The riders like Roczen, Wilson, Barcia, AC and others who have learned how to use YouTube to their advantage will keep getting sponsors despite finishes and race coverage

Back