Levels of competition

John250

PR Founding Father
We've talked about this before. Knoc mentions it alot. Local hot shoe Billy thinks he is fast and bad ass. Wins the C class or even A or B classes locally. They are the s**t. But never go outside their little bubble to see how fast they really are.

We went to the Mini Os this year. The difference in 450 B from 5th to 35th is really a couple seconds. You can ride awesome and still be in 30th place because of the level of competition.

Here is a video from race car driver, Kenny Wallace. He is talking about cars and drivers, but what he is saying absolutely applies to motocross, and motocross right here in Ohio.

Let's get everyone out to the Battle Series this year (all four races) and to Scott's July event at CTMX, and let's have the best of the best racing each other. Who cares if your 15th or 20th. You want to race the best, right?

I remember Randy Hawkins showing up at Frankfort MX one day and riding against me in 30 plus. He was on the gate next to me. Factory Suzuki with duct tape over the head light. Hawkin's went and smoked everyone that day, making us all look really bad. The guy was super fast, head light and all!!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
We went to the Mini Os this year. The difference in 450 B from 5th to 35th is really a couple seconds. You can ride awesome and still be in 30th place because of the level of competition.
In moto 2 of 450 B (at this years Mini O's ) - 5th place finished 4 minutes and 29 seconds before 33rd did ......

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Actually, 5th was 37 seconds behind first
So 33rd was 3 minutes 52 seconds behind 5th
Damn transponders

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Speaking of running deficits. Here’s the last time I saw Knox at malvern. He blew right past me at a battle round i beleive. (In the pits)
Second motos hadn’t started yet….
4F83063F-B34B-460A-B9D1-64CAB82A24F1.jpeg

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Georgies normal view… from behind.
it’s okay, you can just ask me for an autograph. Don’t have to sneak around and take pictures in the pits.