OMA Updates 2022 Rules

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
As we embark on the 10th OMA Season, we have made a number of changes. Most of these are Battle class related. The following are changes for the OMA across the board, meaning all series will have these changes:

All 50cc classes are to be limited
Collegeboy is now 14-24
Supermini is now 12-16
Schoolboy 12-17 is now Schoolboy1 12-16
Adding Schoolboy 2 12-17

For Battle Only:
50cc oil injected
50 E-Bike
Girls Jr
Girls Sr
35+
45+

For Points we have added a Faircross/Indoor points table that accounts for it being 1 moto.

For the Wiseco Overall Series we are dropping the number of counted point races to 12.

Battle races will be double points.

The latest rule book has been uploaded to https://omxa.net/racing/rules/

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
As we embark on the 10th OMA Season, we have made a number of changes. Most of these are Battle class related. The following are changes for the OMA across the board, meaning all series will have these changes:

All 50cc classes are to be limited
Collegeboy is now 14-24
Supermini is now 12-16
Schoolboy 12-17 is now Schoolboy1
Adding Schoolboy 2

For Battle Only:
50cc oil injected
50 E-Bike
Girls Jr
Girls Sr
35+
45+

For Points we have added a Faircross/Indoor points table that accounts for it being 1 moto.

For the Wiseco Overall Series we are dropping the number of counted point races to 12.

Battle races will be double points.

The latest rule book has been uploaded to https://omxa.net/racing/rules/
College boy at 14?
School boy 1 is 12-17, what is School boy 2 then ?

hershey

PR Elite
All are AMA classes. Buckeye runs them that way. Just trying to match up so we are team players. It is an AMA state championship series, so we should probably have AMA classes, yes?
I'm just diving into some of these classes since Austin is 12 now. Just odd that college boy starts so early and school boy 1 ends at 17. What is the age of school boy 2?

hershey

PR Elite
How the _____ am I 35 years old for this race season ? Where does the time go. My god.

oh 35+ another class….me ponders for a second. Omg I’ll be able to race that.
You effing spring chicken. I will be 55 in July, another class to ride at Vetfest!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
UPDATE!

Looking through the 2022 AMA Rulebook that just got put out, Schoolboy 1 is 12-17 now, I guess there were enough 17 year olds that want to race it.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
How the _____ am I 35 years old for this race season ? Where does the time go. My god.

oh 35+ another class….me ponders for a second. Omg I’ll be able to race that.
lmao thanks for that. i didnt realize that either. ugh. times flying. at least im still riding, i think when i was 16 i told myself by this age id probably barley be able to walk and theres no way id be able to ride still... Some days thats questionable but here we are..

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Last change. We are making a minimum number of races for Overall to be 8 events. So still taking the 12 highest point earning finishes, but you must race 8 events to considered for year end points.