Indy or Detroit, opinions please.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I’m looking at taking my 5 year old son and my girlfriend to their first supercross races in March. I’ve been going to Indy since 2010, but have never attended Detroit SX. I’ve noticed tickets are much different in prices between Indy and Detroit. Can anyone give me insight to which they prefer and why? Thanks in advance!

hershey

PR Elite
Personally I liked the Detroit stadium better. It was cleaner and more modern. But the last time I went was probably 8 or 10 years ago.

Meister

PR Founding Father
If you have your ccw, or chl Detroit is closer but if you don’t have those I wouldn’t recommend Detroit. The stadium is nice but the city is a real shithole and dangerous. Stick with Indy!
I even carried a back-up.. lol.. it was a few years back the last time I went and I even made it into the stadium and remained safe the entire time.. lol..

Romanyak256

PR Addict
If you have your ccw, or chl Detroit is closer but if you don’t have those I wouldn’t recommend Detroit. The stadium is nice but the city is a real shithole and dangerous. Stick with Indy!
Lol my girlfriend and i both carry glocks so we’re covered in that department. I’m leaning towards Detroit bc i can get 3 tickets section 107 50 yard line for $50 a piece and Indy is like $120+ for that area per ticket.

dozer

PR Addict
Lol my girlfriend and i both carry glocks so we’re covered in that department. I’m leaning towards Detroit bc i can get 3 tickets section 107 50 yard line for $50 a piece and Indy is like $120+ for that area per ticket.
Then you are golden! Go with Detroit

John250

PR Founding Father
We went to Detroit. Stayed at a hotel a couple blocks away. It honestly was not that bad. Stadium was decent. Indy is much closer for us.

Meister

PR Founding Father
If you stay at one of the hotels right near by, your good. One year I stayed like 6 miles away and it was super sketch. Valet only and I asked the dude parking cars if it was cool to walk over to the liquor store on the next block and he tossed my keys back and said you need to drive and park right in front of the door. Lol.. my 1911 slept with me that night..

Although, one year in Indy there was shooting going on right outside the stadium after the race.. I suppose all big cities suck to an extent..

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Indy is super nice been there for supercross and aau basketball tournaments you can walk anywhere they have restaurants all around the city close to Lucas oil and if you dont wanna walk you can hop on a scooter and pay like 30 cents a minute

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Indy is super nice been there for supercross and aau basketball tournaments you can walk anywhere they have restaurants all around the city close to Lucas oil and if you dont wanna walk you can hop on a scooter and pay like 30 cents a minute
I’ve been going to Indy since 2010 i know the city like the back of my hand and what it has to offer, i was more or so inquiring wether or not Detroit is worth it or if I’d end up murdered in an ally way haha. Looks like we’re gonna go to a new venue this year and stay as close to the stadium as possible.

jfalat

PR Addict
I went to Detroit a few years ago... stadium is nice and I didn't think much about not being safe in the area... Indy is nice too, but I hate the 5 hour drive...going to try to make it to Detroit this year.

Toddco327

PR Addict
I vote Detroit!!! Go to the race. Head over to Greektown and throw a quick $1000 down on some craps tables. Get all liquored up and head to Cheetahs in Windsor throw down another $1000 for the private shower room and call it a night….

Might be hard with the wife and kids to pull it off but it could happen… or maybe that was a trip from another time.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I vote Detroit!!! Go to the race. Head over to Greektown and throw a quick $1000 down on some craps tables. Get all liquored up and head to Cheetahs in Windsor throw down another $1000 for the private shower room and call it a night….

Might be hard with the wife and kids to pull it off but it could happen… or maybe that was a trip from another time.
sign me up! lol

Mark414

PR Member

We can only dream, sounds great. Wife is the only problem. Lol

JMO330

PR Member
Indy or bust. Parking feels safe and is easy. Also, you can walk around downtown without the feeling or being murdered and there are tons of bars, restaurants and hotels within walking distance. Downfall, EVERYTHING is more expensive. I'm surprised to see someone say they liked Ford Field better than Indy. Lucas Oil Stadium is freaking sweet.

John250

PR Founding Father
I think the two stadiums are about the same in my opinion. We went to the Big 10 championship game at Indy back in December. Hell, we were able to park in public parking on the street, free of charge two blocks from the stadium. Got lucky and scored an awesome parking spot.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Although I’m going to Detroit .. go to Indy.. it’s so much nicer, the town is nicer and cleaner. Detroit is a s**t hole and dangerous. But I lived there for 2 years so it holds a special place of hatred in my heart