Daytona vintage race??

honda907

PR Addict
Anyone going? Think if your an old fart you can even race a modern bike with the vintage bikes. Well not against them but the same day. Bring my Kawi 250s....and maybe the 125 or the 450.

Thinking of showing Tuesday then going to watch flat track then Day in the Dirt on an old vintage bike

I take it sand tires at both places.....

Sand tires work great on the pavement sections at DITD.

int/soft are the tires to use, and use OLD tires at DITD unless you want to smoke new tires in one ride.

Anyone going? Think if your an old fart you can even race a modern bike with the vintage bikes. Well not against them but the same day. Bring my Kawi 250s....and maybe the 125 or the 450.

Thinking of showing Tuesday then going to watch flat track then Day in the Dirt on an old vintage bike

I take it sand tires at both places.....
Really a MX 33 is great at Daytona, there are guys that run sand tires, but there are some spots that are not deep and hard. The Dunlop garage is mounting almost all 33's most of the time.

Thanks for the info. They did the best they could do with the conditions. Tim Cotter hinted it might be the last vintage race there Monday night. Saw him at a gas stop, and said they will look it over real hard for next year, but the additional classes helped. But it's still questionable.

Program moved really fast. Me and 10 others missed the gate for the 7th moto as we couldn't get from race 3 to staging fast enough. Of course 5 minute races didn't help. It's a 5 minute ride from the finish to staging at least. I could been bummed, but concentrated on race 3 and brought it home. Bucket list done for Daytona.

One and done probably. Off to Day In The Dirt. Looks like a tainout though. Flat Track rain out tonight.

I don't really dig camper life. Can't do anything with constant rain of 2 to 3 inches everyday

I think just don't think the ROI has worked out on the vintage race. I got a vibe this was the last year as well.

Sand tires work great on the pavement sections at DITD.

int/soft are the tires to use, and use OLD tires at DITD unless you want to smoke new tires in one ride.
Oh yeah. Worked really good. One 35 minute moto and one warm up lap! Lol.

It was fun. One and done. I was so ready to come home. I couldn't pass for 1st or second to save my life. Pretty close to the finish. 2 seconds seperates us till 3 turns from the end and

Attachments

• 20220319_172229.jpg
    20220319_172229.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Back