TWO-STROKE TUESDAY: JEREMY MCGRATH’S 2005 FACTORY CR250

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah...being a Kawi guy at heart...I'd have trouble going orange, but the 300 SX would be a bike I'd like to try. Maybe the TC300. Always thought the TX300 would be a good base for whatever I wanted to do though although I'd have to work a 19" rear, PC pipe, and smaller gas tank into the dealio. The SX and TC may be too much on the pipe for me to utilize appropriately, but the suspension on them may be what I'd need more so.

Maybe Kawi will jump on the 300cc 2-stroke bandwagon if I wait long enough...lol... :(

Vet261

PR Addict
I was at Phoenix SX 2005 for Jeremy's farewell tour of a few races.

I remember watching practice and thinking how weak his CR sounded in comparison to Reed's YZ and RC's RM. There was a very noticeable "bark" difference.

k01

PR Elite
Tell more - Is it new ? I haven't been paying attention to the 2 strokes since the TX.
Supposedly carburetor like power without all the carb problems, you know, jetting and such. The TPI was lacking in power feel. And premix is back!

jfalat

PR Addict
Only problem I have is the oil injection into the lower end..like older jets skis..if your pump fails..so does your engine.:confused:

Meister

PR Founding Father
anyone check out the 23 ktm 300 test at redbud... that thing sounds like a 125.. guys rippin on it...
I read that it was Jacob Hayes, the AX guy. Ripping for sure and made that bike very appealing. I sat on the new chassis this weekend and it felt very comfy too.