Battle for Ohio R2

John250

PR Founding Father
Depends on the track, they might only have 2 or 3 A riders. No biggie, put your big boy pants on ! Lol

I had to race Freddie Norren and Levi Lilbarger at CTMX one year in the 50 plus class, they stagger started us behind them.
I remember getting roosted by Freddie Norren coming over the wall jump headed to the back, probably as hard as Ive ever been roosted before.

MX315

PR Addict
Free cooler of beer for all flaggers and starting positions! Plus as a bonus …random people pulled from the crowds to disk the track to perfection.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Well out of no where the boy says he wants to race Briarcliff. So go pull the camper out of the old man's barn.
Bike was still dirty from riding rt62 last week. Got some cash out. Had to renew the oma that was last done in 2020. Can't remember the user name for ama so I'll have to get with Connie to get that done tomorrow. Wish us luck.

Attachments

• 20220715_204108.jpg
    20220715_204108.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 68

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Well out of no where the boy says he wants to race Briarcliff. So go pull the camper out of the old man's barn.
Bike was still dirty from riding rt62 last week. Got some cash out. Had to renew the oma that was last done in 2020. Can't remember the user name for ama so I'll have to get with Connie to get that done tomorrow. Wish us luck.
Muddy freaking mess with all the rain. The weather straight up sucks didn’t even practice today

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Muddy freaking mess with all the rain. The weather straight up sucks didn’t even practice today
Went out for first practice. Lol
Broke the power valve, almost home now. Gonna replace that and the top end. If weather improves over night we will drive back in the morning.
We did did run over to rt62 and he got to ride his buddys 85. He liked that lol

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I left at about 6:30 after getting some dinner with friends. Weather sucked all day and tomorrow went from a 50 percent chance to now a 87 percent so I thought best decision was to come home. Sucks that it had to happen on this weekend was really looking forward to racing bc for the battle race. Guess if I wanna go ride bc now I gotta go to a practice

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Terrible weather weekend. I don’t really know what else to say. Pearl Harbored Saturday with an all day soaker. It was just crap. Kinda broke my heart a bit for the Saturday program. Probably the toughest call I’ve made in 16 years to draw sticks/spoons for finishes. And today, just every bike I picked up was an upset kid. I honest don’t know if we helped or hurt the sport this weekend. Lots of smiling thankful faces made it easier. But it still doesn’t help the sinking feeling Down inside. Thanks everyone, I know this was a tough deal all the way around, I wish I had a better answer.

John250

PR Founding Father
Terrible weather weekend. I don’t really know what else to say. Pearl Harbored Saturday with an all day soaker. It was just crap. Kinda broke my heart a bit for the Saturday program. Probably the toughest call I’ve made in 16 years to draw sticks/spoons for finishes. And today, just every bike I picked up was an upset kid. I honest don’t know if we helped or hurt the sport this weekend. Lots of smiling thankful faces made it easier. But it still doesn’t help the sinking feeling Down inside. Thanks everyone, I know this was a tough deal all the way around, I wish I had a better answer.
How many raced today?

Woody

PR Addict
This weekend was a prime example and reminder why races are cancelled. Very few riders enjoy it (the entries prove that). Kids crying, old dudes who can pick up bikes, no fun for workers, scoring sucks even with transponders, on and on.

Now this race was a little different by being blindsided with the rain, but in the future if I see rain in the forecast I'm totally okay if I see a promoter cancel.

Anyone who says "we never cancelled back in my day" has lost touch with reality.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I left Saturday night. I wanted to ride and race but it just isn’t worth racing in the mud and destroying equipment. I hate the old dudes that say we need to ride in all conditions. At the end of the day when it’s that muddy it’s not only more unsafe it just destroys everything and no one races or shows up. I hate that the weather sucked so bad for the weekend because I love riding bc. With all the other races in oma and I’m sure with the atv schedule JO said they couldn’t reschedule even if they tried because oma races almost every weekend. Onto the next one though

jj584

PR Addict
We
We were trailer loaded and camper hooked up. The forecast started changing and the friend group started dropping like flys so we pussed out. Sucks, I really wanted to go racing.

DC817

PR Addict
Track was looking so prime Friday evening. Tough deal with the weather change for BC. I have zero interest in riding in conditions like that these days but I definitely plan on making a trip down to ride this year after how good it looked Friday.

hershey

PR Elite
Anyone who says "we never cancelled back in my day" has lost touch with reality.
I wasn't there so no clue about how bad it was. But I'm one of those who says that. I haven't lost touch with reality, that was the reality back then. Now my back in the day were the very late 80s and 90s. I can remember quite a few races that were extremely muddy and raining during racing, I actually would pray for rain at some of the bigger races.

Today's crowd has 2 very important differences causing the cancelations.
1. The internet. Back then tracks couldn't cancel because there was no way to tell anyone ahead of time. All you could do was call a track the night before and generally you didn't get someone. So people just showed up not knowing how much rain the track got or if it was bad. Didn't want to chance missing a race that was good.

2. Sissification. Yes, sissies. The bigger percentage of the racers simply raced in the mud. Bikes were expensive to fix back then too. And bikes back then broke down and didn't last as long as today either. So that's no excuse. It's just a different time. It's only when you get to the bigger events that are important do you see them not getting canceled.

Of course there is a point when they canceled back then and now too. So it was not a "never canceled" scenario.

It sucks for this weekend because I know JO put a ton of effort and cash into this. Sorry to hear it was that bad.

And Kreps wasn't even there

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I wasn't there so no clue about how bad it was. But I'm one of those who says that. I haven't lost touch with reality, that was the reality back then. Now my back in the day were the very late 80s and 90s. I can remember quite a few races that were extremely muddy and raining during racing, I actually would pray for rain at some of the bigger races.

Today's crowd has 2 very important differences causing the cancelations.
1. The internet. Back then tracks couldn't cancel because there was no way to tell anyone ahead of time. All you could do was call a track the night before and generally you didn't get someone. So people just showed up not knowing how much rain the track got or if it was bad. Didn't want to chance missing a race that was good.

2. Sissification. Yes, sissies. The bigger percentage of the racers simply raced in the mud. Bikes were expensive to fix back then too. And bikes back then broke down and didn't last as long as today either. So that's no excuse. It's just a different time. It's only when you get to the bigger events that are important do you see them not getting canceled.

Of course there is a point when they canceled back then and now too. So it was not a "never canceled" scenario.

It sucks for this weekend because I know JO put a ton of effort and cash into this. Sorry to hear it was that bad.

And Kreps wasn't even there
Probably one of toughest conditions I’ve seen. If guys made 3 laps without a stall or near miss going down, it was seriously impressive. I’m talking big bikes.

hershey

PR Elite
Probably one of toughest conditions I’ve seen. If guys made 3 laps without a stall or near miss going down, it was seriously impressive. I’m talking big bikes.
Wow...that bad. Worse than the qualifier you had 4 or so years ago?

One of the worst in recent years was Amherst a couple years back. We did 1 2 lap moto , took me almost 15 mins and I got 2nd out of 5. The track was ripped open the night before and it stormed like crazy over night. The worst part was the start straight was dead perfect because they hadn't ripped that til the am lol.