Why?

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I like two Motos. However, I think a main event format would have it's place. Not saying replace the 2 moto format. Maybe a SX style series? Who has room for a well lit supercross track near Canton? Lol
Chillitown is going to start running on the supercross track and with lights around it it would be pretty sick. It’s not too big and not to small so it’s easy to light up. Also the jumps are super safe and easy for the most part. I don’t wanna race anymore night races but I would make an exception for chillitowns supercross

MX315

PR Addict
So I had a conversation today at work that really has me thinking.
The guy is a very casual moto fan and he asked me today… Why do they race twice?
So, I of course had an answer…. We have always run two moto’s. I then got the blank, deer in the headlights look…. But why? To which I had no answer. That got me thinking.
What if… we only ran one moto locally… and then ran a split format much like the LL regionals of youth / amateur/ vet. One group at a time runs a practice and then their race. Then the next group does the same…
That then kills the argument of “I don’t want to be at the track all day”. Bingo. In and out in under 4 hours. And that is running one 20 minute moto. Which answers my argument of “we don’t run long enough moto’s to get good”

for real, no other form of racing runs two races that I can think of. Heck even moto is only one moto when it’s in a stadium. So, I ask you…. Why? Or maybe. Why not?
The only reason why is Because motocross races are for men…..If you don’t like it…..Start wearing yoga pants!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I’m glad I’m not the only one that has no idea why.
you old farts need not be so afraid of change. A single long moto format would at the very least be a nice option for the people who don’t want to spend all day at the track. And hey, if you really want to be there all day, then stay and watch the next group. Now everyone happy.

John250

PR Founding Father
Hell half the people racing locally must not care about the time at the track. 1/3 of them show up Friday night, 1/3 show up on Saturday and the other 1/3 show up on Sunday. So they really must not care about being at the track for days.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
On a local level people come to race for fun and make weekends out of it. Everyone wants two motos because a lot of stuff can happen in the first. People would rather race a long weekend where you run 1 moto on each day as a long moto than run just 1 long moto and pack up and go home. If local racing went to 1 long moto it would lose so many people in the crowd. If anything needs to happen (which is kinda right now) is move all 65 and 50 classes to Saturday, along with all the beginner classes after practice at 2 pm start race practice. Day would move so much faster. Since Scott started doing some more on Saturday it makes Sunday run way faster and smoother. And for oma just run those same classes with the atvs. Track would still be good for them and safe. The amount of classes is never going to get any smaller so just make it work better by splitting it more evenly
I get what you’re saying, but in GP races we do 1 45min race, you get in a first turn pile up, better charge ahead… you smack a tree or something happens to your bike, sorry try again next race. That one race is a full out sprint and i enjoy doing that and leaving, not sitting around for another 6 hours waiting for my 10min moto in 100 degree heat

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
you old farts need not be so afraid of change. A single long moto format would at the very least be a nice option for the people who don’t want to spend all day at the track. And hey, if you really want to be there all day, then stay and watch the next group. Now everyone happy.
No one just shows up anymore for just Sunday really. Almost everyone is there Friday and Saturday so people wanna practice and ride there two motos and don’t really care when they get home Sunday night

Scoob

PR Founding Father
That's pretty much your answer to this one...lol. But in true PitRacer fashion, we are talking about everything else except your original question... :) Ask Roger....DeCoster that is. He may know. ???

hershey

PR Elite
Gonna drop my standard answer here….

www.mideastgpracing.com

Not enough data to see if it’s gonna work but it’s not from lack of effort that’s for sure.

Beans went well - by our standard. Which is pretty low for now I guess.
My comment was based on past experience, not your new attempt lol.

I wish you the best, southern Ohio seems to have figured it out. Hopefully riders up here will see the light. Personally I love them but at my core, I love racing MX a bit more. I started out racing hare scrambles for years before racing mx too, GPs are a great mix.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Tell that to @BriarcliffMx's kids?
Kinsey would beat Joe's ass... Lol

I love motocross above all. Always.

I am trying to love off road but honestly the only thing I like about it is the format. It just doesn’t do the same thing for me.

Same. Woods on my bike blows too which doesn't help your cause lol.. I want long Motos on long open tracks.. From what I saw I social media, still utilizing too much woods for me to be all about it.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Kinsey would beat Joe's ass... Lol

Same. Woods on my bike blows too which doesn't help your cause lol.. I want long Motos on long open tracks. From what I saw I social media, still utilizing too much woods for me to be all about it.
Too much woods at merp? Or? I admit beans was heavy woods due to the space we have to work with on the property. Crow is a long course with 2 grass track sections and 2 shorter woods section.

mblair

PR Founding Father
I don't understand why everyone wants to get out of the track so quickly? I don't go to the races just to race and challenge myself! I go racing on the weekends to get away from work and stress. I go to the races on the weekend to hang out with my friends who have a like interest that I have with little in common with other than moto. To me racing moto now is just going camping on the weekend with my buddies but we just happen to be lucky enough to do it at a place we can ride our dirtbikes at. Maybe if more people looked at it as a fun escape from the daily grind they would enjoy the weekends more.

hershey

PR Elite
I don't understand why everyone wants to get out of the track so quickly? I don't go to the races just to race and challenge myself! I go racing on the weekends to get away from work and stress. I go to the races on the weekend to hang out with my friends who have a like interest that I have with little in common with other than moto. To me racing moto now is just going camping on the weekend with my buddies but we just happen to be lucky enough to do it at a place we can ride our dirtbikes at. Maybe if more people looked at it as a fun escape from the daily grind they would enjoy the weekends more.
Exactly. It's been pointed out many times in previous posts but seems the deaf miss it.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Too much woods at merp? Or? I admit beans was heavy woods due to the space we have to work with on the property. Crow is a long course with 2 grass track sections and 2 shorter woods section.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to..

I like what I'm hearing about crow.

I like that outlook. However, getting home super late Sunday isnt super appealing these days either.. lol

ck1racerx

PR Addict
But why two moto’s? Why not one. Or 3? Who the hell picked 2.
Same guy asked me today “what do you say to the mechanic during the race?” I said. What do you mean? We can’t talk to anyone during the race. “Why does the mechanic have a headset on? Who is he talking to?”
I told him he is going to have to transfer to another office. He talks about racing too much and just don’t understand

hershey

PR Elite
But why two moto’s? Why not one. Or 3? Who the hell picked 2.
Same guy asked me today “what do you say to the mechanic during the race?” I said. What do you mean? We can’t talk to anyone during the race. “Why does the mechanic have a headset on? Who is he talking to?”
I told him he is going to have to transfer to another office. He talks about racing too much and just don’t understand
Ok, I have no clue and obviously nobody else does.