That’s a wrap!

Toddco327

PR Addict
Season is over. Kind of a bummer but it was exciting all the way to the last moto. After watching Ironman which is an amazing facility and then seeing Pala you’d be hard pressed to convince me the west coast is better than east coast in regards to MX.

Now my controversial take… Hunter Lawrence should be DQ’d. That was a blatant take out move. Barcia was hit and off the track and couldn’t stop. He wasn’t in a turn. What Hunter did was a straight up snake move. If it’s the standard for 1 person it should be the standard for all.

Now to wait for SX.

Vet261

PR Addict
I'd like to see Tomac do a "farewell" tour of like 5-6 races like RC did. No title pressure, he doesn't have to train as hard as normal, he can run the #1, relax and enjoy it more.

And yes if Barcia did that he would be in big trouble. One difference though is that Hunter wasn't already on "probation."

Ironman is the best track in the series right now. I give it a very slight edge over Millville. I wish there were more opportunities for us spodes to ride/race it.

hershey

PR Elite
I'd like to see Tomac do a "farewell" tour of like 5-6 races like RC did. No title pressure, he doesn't have to train as hard as normal, he can run the #1, relax and enjoy it more.

And yes if Barcia did that he would be in big trouble. One difference though is that Hunter wasn't already on "probation."

Ironman is the best track in the series right now. I give it a very slight edge over Millville. I wish there were more opportunities for us spodes to ride/race it.
I'd say tomac seems to be the happiest at the track and in interviews than ever before. Maybe it was because he knew this was it combined with the new team?

Pala has to be the worst track of the series. It sure didn't seem like there were many spectators but it's hard to tell on TV, not dufe why they got 2 rounds.

I just hope next years season is as much fun to watch, hopefully Anderson gets on point also.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
lawrence had to force the issue, he tried numerous times for the clean pass. Im not saying he was thinking "gotta take this guy out" but for him to make the pass stick he needed to do it in a closer capacity. There was a tiny marginal window of opening and he had to go for it. They made some slight contact and a racing incident happened.

I hate to say it, but contact is definitly part of the sport and as the years pass people scrutinize it and just expect everyone to start using turn signals, and hand gestures, or implementing a 3 feet distance policy, can't get any closer than 3 feet or you're a dirty SOB....

theyre racing hard to the corner on a rough track and they came together. When the fast line dictates you be in one spot on the track, competitors are going to compete for that real-estate. So how is that dirty vs Racing?

Meister

PR Founding Father
Pala sucks.

Hunter was coming in hot and not in control. He wasn't thinking "im gonna slam jo".. That, to me, was a racing incident during a high pressure situation.

hershey

PR Elite
Bookending the series with that track was a mistake just due to the televised image presented to the audience. There is nothing visually appealing about that track and the apparent lack of spectators further reinforced that.
I wonder who got their pockets lined to get 2 rounds at Pala ???

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I have to say that the west coast sucks for motocross. I hate every track in California. The racing is one lined slot car and it’s sucks. Best track in California for racing is glen helen and they don’t even have a national. And for the hunter situation he was just totally out of control. Dude rides over his head all the time so no surprise. I’m sure that burned a friendship with one pass. Shimoda will get him back. And Eli just showed why he was the best and rose to the occasion. Sexton rode good in the first moto but after losing he got the wind taken out his sails. Then second moto he was obviously in panic I have to win mode and was riding over his head. Oh well he has proven that he will be the best next year

John250

PR Founding Father
I agree. There are so many good tracks and to give Pala two rounds is stupid. Hell it looked horrible on TV and almost made you not want to watch it. Moto 2 looked a little better.

I read some where Glen Helen gave up the national, claimed they were not making enough money for all the cost associated with holding the race.

Ironman is ok, but Millville is way better than Ironman.

Vet261

PR Addict
Just in case there really are still people out there that think elite athletes actually drink Monster and Red Bull.....

BTW you'd think a factory team would have something to pour water on their rider other than bottled water and Monster Tour Water cans....heck even a garden sprinkling can with ice water in it could be a trick setup compared to what they were doing. Maybe I'm onto something here. 100% will sell them for 59.99

monster1.jpg
monster2.jpg