Viva? Interesting….

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
8A4722A5-26E9-49D5-8600-64E38AAFC3DB.png

Summit and Malvern alone can be successful together to a point. Those are two staples of Ohio MX that have withstood the test of time.

“Viva” is a fun name, don’t let the name fool you for lack of ability.

The simple way this is being presented thus far and with the tracks involved so far…there’s lots of potential in Ohio.

Interesting indeed…

No more OMA. Jeremy is on his own. This is new local MX series for NE Ohio.

(Educated guess).
The OMA is rebranding and working on updates. It will become the Ohio Motocross Championship Series. One outdoor daytime championship. No nights. We will still have a faircoss series. To my knowledge the only track that is leaving the OMA officially is Malvern/Summit and whatever Faircross races Bobby promoted. Some of the the other tracks listed above have sent me dates for the 2023 Ohio Motocross Series Championship. More info to come.

I think there’s enough market share out there for everyone. Each track has their own little scene and the best track/promoters will get the numbers.

Capitalism creates competition and Ohio had plenty of that.

Loretta’s Stuff
OMA
D12
Buckeye
EROC
MERP
Viva
CRA

Scheduling is going to suck by the way.

So will we have cross series races that will offer double points!...lol

All kidding aside, look forward to the change and glad to see Ohio MX is still very much alive. Look forward to coordinating the 3 options we look to have available to us this next summer. Just hope they all do not compete with each other negatively, but compliment other and can make Ohio MX as a whole better. Good stuff! :)

Another thought...any chance we could get the 3 promoters to create a Race Ohio/OMA/Viva Ohio MX card?....

Very excited to see it all come together. I like the idea of a “premier” series with AMA sanction. That’s a great idea. But also having a series that doesn’t require that is great for the “casual” racer. It takes a lot of work and a lot of moving parts to make something like this happen. Excited for Ohio moto!

You think Viva will give a punch card and after 5 races you get a free sub? I’m in!

Very interesting…New series sounds amazing …Looks like NO QUADS !!!
Oh don't be playin dumb. You n Todd both knew about this prob the day it was brought up lol.. Start pimpin it big dawg!

Scoob, no way the multi card is happening.. No body is going to "give money away." Lol

Hopefully these organizations will work together and not have every event scheduled on top of each other so that riders can enjoy what they both series. Scheduling is already difficult enough.

The OMA is rebranding and working on updates. It will become the Ohio Motocross Championship Series. One outdoor daytime championship. No nights. We will still have a faircoss series. To my knowledge the only track that is leaving the OMA officially is Malvern/Summit and whatever Faircross races Bobby promoted. Some of the the other tracks listed above have sent me dates for the 2023 Ohio Motocross Series Championship. More info to come.
What happens when those tracks don't run quads at the OMCS races? Kicking them out too?

Were the dates they sent in before you kicked Bobby out and the VIVA Series was created ?

I wish nothing but the best to the new group. Hopefully management will encourage tracks to work together for the best experience, both for themselves and riders.

Last edited:
What happens when those tracks don't run quads at the OMCS races? Kicking them out too?

Were the dates they sent in before you kicked Bobby out and the VIVA Series was created ?

I wish nothing but the best to the new group. Hopefully management will encourage tracks to work together for the best experience, both for themselves and riders.
To answer your questions in order:

The only track not running ATVs is a traditional bike club track, and the only time I think they've ran ATVs at flat track events, and I raced their in the 04' state championship. So, I don't see an issue there with 1 race. 10 races that Malvern runs is a bit over the top. In the end, Malvern chose this, they chose to go this route.

I don't have a timeline on when dates were sent and the series was created. The point here is that the VIVA announcement is misleading, and in fact at least 1 of the tracks shown above has confirmed they're in for 4 Ohio Motocross Championship Series events in 2023.

Best of luck to Viva. My inner jokester can only hope they get a chips and salsa sponsor! OLE!

Oh don't be playin dumb. You n Todd both knew about this prob the day it was brought up lol.. Start pimpin it big dawg!

Scoob, no way the multi card is happening.. No body is going to "give money away." Lol
Yeah, I get it is a "probably not happening" to a "no way in hell is it happening" thing, but in the end, I am not partial to any organization and will more than likely "try" to race in each. I know there will not be many, but as an option, instead of $20+ a piece, could we get a 25% discount if we buy the "combo" card, etc. OK, enough said. Call it dead. ;)

What about double points? ;)

Best of luck to Viva. My inner jokester can only hope they get a chips and salsa sponsor! OLE!
Taco Bell yo! :) Spencer and I are down with that!!

Back