Viva? Interesting….

1669911745532.jpeg

Looks like it’s going to be weird trying to figure out what series and races to ride next year compared to any years before

Looks like it’s going to be weird trying to figure out what series and races to ride next year compared to any years before
Yes. We have options...

We were a fan of the Saturday Night Series anyway, so as long as the dates work out, we'll be there I am assuming. Excited to see how the Buckeye and OMA MX Series work out between them as well as in conjunction with the Taco Bell series...

I think it might be easier. Viva looks to be making a play at having a few series that you could pick and choose from might generate some new racers. Jeremy and OMA are going to have a day race series that will also include some of the same tracks that Viva will have. Also with Viva having AMA races that may draw in some other riders. Overall it seems like it could be a win for a lot of different people. Maybe your home track is Beans or OIR and that’s the only place you want to race. Having the option to race there as well as race other tracks in a sanctioning body that has tracks you like is great. Maybe you want to race both sanctioning bodies. Great! You’re not being held to one exclusive set of tracks. You can race as you see fit. Plus having AMA events helps all the track’s involved.

The only track not running ATVs is a traditional bike club track, and the only time I think they've ran ATVs at flat track events
I do know that the first year WRMC joined the OMA they had quads at the first MX race as a test case. Not many showed up so it went back to bikes only for MX and harescrambles. They still have quads for flat track and TT.

I think it will thrive, having an organization that actually cares about the tracks and thier owners will be a great thing for all of us!

I think it might be easier. Viva looks to be making a play at having a few series that you could pick and choose from might generate some new racers. Jeremy and OMA are going to have a day race series that will also include some of the same tracks that Viva will have. Also with Viva having AMA races that may draw in some other riders. Overall it seems like it could be a win for a lot of different people. Maybe your home track is Beans or OIR and that’s the only place you want to race. Having the option to race there as well as race other tracks in a sanctioning body that has tracks you like is great. Maybe you want to race both sanctioning bodies. Great! You’re not being held to one exclusive set of tracks. You can race as you see fit. Plus having AMA events helps all the track’s involved.
You do understand that the only real holdout to OMA being 100% AMA sanctioned was Malvern, right? My bold prediction (super bold), almost every mx event in 2023 in Ohio will be AMA sanctioned with 3-4 different organizing bodies (think districts) putting those events on.

You do understand that the only real holdout to OMA being 100% AMA sanctioned was Malvern, right? My bold prediction (super bold), almost every mx event in 2023 in Ohio will be AMA sanctioned with 3-4 different organizing bodies (think districts) putting those events on.
Color me pink but didn't Malvern hold a battle series race each year that was AMA?

Color me pink but didn't Malvern hold a battle series race each year that was AMA?
I'm going to explain this on your level. 100% is all of the R-A-C-E-S. Yes they sanctioned their Battle series race AMA, but the Night races were not AMA. Now there were other tracks that didn't run AMA as well, but ultimately the decision to not be 100% AMA was the night series.

And gladly if I could have a paint ball competition with you, you'd be more colors than pink, I would reload all kinds of colors.

I think it will thrive, having an organization that actually cares about the tracks and thier owners will be a great thing for all of us!
Hopefully, but your comment seems kind of cart before the horse...ish... I think they will absolutely care about the tracks and thEir owners...well, until they don't care about what they care about...lol.

Regardless of the future, anyone bashing OMA should really recognize that they completely revived moto in NE Ohio.. CRA was s**t, everything was very stale, and couple guys with more moto back ground and give a shits than most stepped in and put in a ton of work.. All good things come to an end I suppose, but to talk s**t is just ignorant. Ohio moto wouldn't even be at this point for viva to move in and on if it weren't for OMA. Just sayin..

It'll still be Malvern and it'll still be Summit (with little berms lol) but I hope the "revival" breathes more life into the area..

Last edited:
Nothing good happens from a all these additional series. It dilutes the product and the number of racers. Some will race Viva, some will race CRA, some will race only OMA and some will race on the Buckeye Series. Recent history proved that Ohio is best served by two series, OMA and Buckeye. Both ran great races, both had great banquet's and series awards. Adding in yet another series, just does nothing to help tracks. My guess is it hurts the number of racers that show up, and causes everyone to draw less riders.

History always repeats itself. I hope you guys like racing with smaller gates and less people. I guess everyone gets a trophy this way. My prediction. The guys that want to race the best competition and big gates, are going to have to come south of I-70. Because NE Ohio is screwing themselves yet again.

Scott has got to be sitting back thanking them.

It will not happen because of the 4 wheelers. But if I am JO at this point, I probably fold the OMA, and join the Buckeye Series. Its about making money right? That is the way your going to draw the largest crowd to Briarcliff for a race. Just my opinion.

I'm going to explain this on your level. 100% is all of the R-A-C-E-S. Yes they sanctioned their Battle series race AMA, but the Night races were not AMA. Now there were other tracks that didn't run AMA as well, but ultimately the decision to not be 100% AMA was the night series.

And gladly if I could have a paint ball competition with you, you'd be more colors than pink, I would reload all kinds of colors.
Uh...100% want malvern. I recall no track required AMA cards if it wasn't a Battle race. Rt62 held night races also. So your statement is invalid.
Regardless of the future, anyone bashing OMA should really recognize that they completely revived moto in NE Ohio.. CRA was s**t, everything was very stale, and couple guys with more moto back ground and give a shits than most stepped in and put in a ton of work.. All good things come to an end I suppose, but to talk s**t is just ignorant. Ohio moto wouldn't even be at this point for viva to move in and on if it weren't for OMA. Just sayin..

It'll still be Malvern and it'll still be Summit (with little berms lol) but I hope the "revival" breathes more life into the area..
And yet here you are bashing CRA. They were the 2nd largest sanctioning body in the USA for years. They are still one of the longest standing organizations out there and the longest standing in Ohio. Are they very good for mx any more ? No, but the OMA was never as big, never had as many races or the power the CRA had at one time.

My point is the OMA could have been better than the CRA, could have lasted longer but they weren't near as organized as the CRA once was. It's sad it came to this, they had a great thing going.

It will not happen because of the 4 wheelers. But if I am JO at this point, I probably fold the OMA, and join the Buckeye Series. Its about making money right? That is the way your going to draw the largest crowd to Briarcliff for a race. Just my opinion.
Nahhhhh, I’m looking forward to racing my new layout, and the only way I can do that is to host an OMA race. Although I could be the guy that runs quads at his BS race. Maybe your on to something John!!

Uh...100% want malvern. I recall no track required AMA cards if it wasn't a Battle race. Rt62 held night races also. So your statement is invalid.

And yet here you are bashing CRA. They were the 2nd largest sanctioning body in the USA for years. They are still one of the longest standing organizations out there and the longest standing in Ohio. Are they very good for mx any more ? No, but the OMA was never as big, never had as many races or the power the CRA had at one time.

My point is the OMA could have been better than the CRA, could have lasted longer but they weren't near as organized as the CRA once was. It's sad it came to this, they had a great thing going.
So the CRA had a series bigger than battle, and for state championships???? Tell me more of this amazing history.

So the CRA had a series bigger than battle, and for state championships???? Tell me more of this amazing history.
No but what does that matter? The battle races were fantastic but for only a few years. I'm not bashing, just saying the same thing you have for a year, it's run it's course.

Thanks for the great years you did have, they were fun and memorable. And I will keep my 2 state championship plaques and Austin's 1 on our wall.

79 malvern night races with 63 pymas, a triathlon mixed in (ok, that was cool), and 5 of 75 ponca qualifiers isn't what I'd call anything crazy. I'll give ya that. Seemed like lots of 3 day weekends of racing the same 6 guys in each class..

I don't recall anything quite like the early years of the battle races. There was new life in the night series too.. not denying it's dwindled over time.. most things do..

Viva.... Triathlon on roids.... Do that..

Back