San Diego, lets go!

I thought it was goofy looking at San Diego that they changed venues. Usually race at petco park but racing in a football stadium now

I thought it was goofy looking at San Diego that they changed venues. Usually race at petco park but racing in a football stadium now
2023 SAN DIEGO SUPERCROSS PRE-RACE REPORT: TV SCHEDULE, INJURED LIST & TRACK MAP

A little explanation on the venue change. Parking seems to be the biggest potential reason. Hopefully the rhythm sections have options and not only one fast line. One decent set of whoops. Looking forward to the weekend!

Rd03_SanDiego_Overview01.png

What's up with Freise? Is he riding 250 East? I like seeing him in the 450 class. Guy should be out there.

Volume up and down the whole time, scared my 140lb Pyrenees startled him started barking at the tv

It seemed to be ok for me. One time the volume cranked up and I had to lower it.

Tomac is impressive. He has the starts dialed for the first time in his career. DF is fast. Just needs a start. I think we are seeing the champion Cooper Webb out there this year, tomac and him will battle. Sexton, well he was sexton and made sexton mistakes a couple times last night. Anderson, well he was Anderson and that Kaxasaki didn't like flat slick corners with Eli, and it still tosses Anderson to the ground as well. That thing must corner like a truck. Mookie, well he looked more like Bubba than Mookie so far. Blazing fast but you just know he is gonna crash, and what did he do? He crashed a couple times. Disappointed for Craig. He is faster than he is going. Should have stayed on the blue bikes for sure.

The first couple tracks, meh....nothing special at all. Typical track that everyone does the exact same thing. I mean look at qualifying times, all very close, even the 250 guys. Why no sand sections or anything this year? The split start week one sucked. There should be no as split starts.

The whoops seemed difficult, they weren’t long, but guys were getting tossed around in them. They were gapped far, choppy, and a bit slick.

I was looking for Roczen to put another move on Bam Bam. He got close, but never really stuck it in there again.

Volume up and down the whole time, scared my 140lb Pyrenees startled him started barking at the tv
IMG_20221231_210002032~3.jpg

Here she is watching TV. Never barks at the TV. The world outside her window, that's a different story. I watched a replay from NBC, the volume was fine.
Really enjoying watching Tomac enjoying his new bike. He's putting on a clinic. Always appreciated his racing in that he doesn't push it when he's not feeling it and of course he's feeling it now. Great that KTM finally got it together with their new bike and Cooper Webb certainly appreciates that.

Roczen is too soft to bam bambam..
Dude, KROC isn't going to tangle with anyone at this point. He can't afford another arm injury!

Racing was ok, good to see someone clean out Barcia. Funny stuff between the 2 after.

Tomac and Webb have a good battle for the title, they are the most consistent. I see a win by Sexton and Anderson at some point though for sure. Outsiders that should win... Roczen, Mookie, Ferrandis. Maybe AC by the end if he doesn't crash out first, I bet he does.

Dude, KROC isn't going to tangle with anyone at this point. He can't afford another arm injury!

Racing was ok, good to see someone clean out Barcia. Funny stuff between the 2 after.

Tomac and Webb have a good battle for the title, they are the most consistent. I see a win by Sexton and Anderson at some point though for sure. Outsiders that should win... Roczen, Mookie, Ferrandis. Maybe AC by the end if he doesn't crash out first, I bet he does.
I think AC is off pace just from not racing for a year. But his starts are killer and by the end of the year as long as he stays healthy he will be tough.he’s a big outdoor guy too so he might surprise us.

I think AC is off pace just from not racing for a year. But his starts are killer and by the end of the year as long as he stays healthy he will be tough.he’s a big outdoor guy too so he might surprise us.
AC is the one guy I think after all his injuries has the speed to get it done still. He has proven he can run up front in SX and MX in the Premier class. I would love to see him possibly move over to Yamaha to replace Tomac. I really think a change of scenery might help his game. But I would also like to see Star with three 450 guys, not two.

Anderson and Sexton will not keep themselves off the ground long enough to be championship contenders. I honestly believe after two races, we've are going to see a two rider battle, unless something happens.

AC is the one guy I think after all his injuries has the speed to get it done still. He has proven he can run up front in SX and MX in the Premier class. I would love to see him possibly move over to Yamaha to replace Tomac. I really think a change of scenery might help his game. But I would also like to see Star with three 450 guys, not two.

Anderson and Sexton will not keep themselves off the ground long enough to be championship contenders. I honestly believe after two races, we've are going to see a two rider battle, unless something happens.
If you honestly think AC has a chance of doing anything besides getting Injured before the end of the season, you're high.
He has to have the worst track record of injury per season than any top pro in history. He makes Canard look reliable.

If you honestly think AC has a chance of doing anything besides getting Injured before the end of the season, you're high.
He has to have the worst track record of injury per season than any top pro in history. He makes Canard look reliable.
Just keep thinking eventually, his luck will change. He has the speed. But I suppose Forkner does too.

Back