62 vs ram jam... opinions please

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
They did pretty well just sick of the whiner bull s**t. Can you blame them?

people wanted track changes. So they made changes. Then they bitch to technical. So then ok. Take it down. Bitch too easy. On and on.

I think at one point people were complaining that they were too many doubles and people wanted more tabletops because they’re safer or something…. so finally they go screw It will make all table tops….then right after that feedback went to “oh there’s too many table tops…need to be more doubles.”

Quads 9-2; bikes 3-10 on Saturdays worked well. I made allot of money on the weekends there. It was awesome.

Scoob

PR Founding Father

people wanted track changes. So they made changes. Then they bitch to technical. So then ok. Take it down. Bitch too easy. On and on.

I think at one point people were complaining that they were too many doubles and people wanted more tabletops because they’re safer or something…. so finally they go screw It will make all table tops….then right after that feedback went to “oh there’s too many table tops…need to be more doubles.”

Quads 9-2; bikes 3-10 on Saturdays worked well. I made allot of money on the weekends there. It was awesome.
yeah, thinking as any track owner, knowing who "they" are and gauging appropriately how much weight they carry opinion wise how the majority feel. Many of "they" are just noise, but some aren't. Is the challenge and once they challenge is like "I don't need to put up with this BS", the track owners take another route.

Is life really in a nutshell. Know who you believe in...

Roachy

PR Addict

Yep, I remember going into a local bike shop and hearing about how dangerous, etc the track was at NEMX. I laughed and said if I am doing everything, it is not dangerous. Admittedly, it did take me a couple visits to do the center double but after I did it I realized, like everyone, it was not a big deal and super fun.

I miss going there but doubt I would go now anyhow. I mainly stick to my trials riding.

hershey

PR Elite

If you own a track and don't understand how to deal with this, you won't last. No matter what you do with a track, how you build it, prep it, change it, run it or market it....a group of riders will love it, a group will think ots ok and another group will hate it. A track owner needs tough skin, confidence in themselves, good marketing skills and most of all great people skills to handle all of those groups af riders at the same time.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
If you own a track and don't understand how to deal with this, you won't last. No matter what you do with a track, how you build it, prep it, change it, run it or market it....a group of riders will love it, a group will think ots ok and another group will hate it. A track owner needs tough skin, confidence in themselves, good marketing skills and most of all great people skills to handle all of those groups af riders at the same time.
If you do anything for the public pretty much this applies...

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
62 was fun last night.
1000002764.jpg

jms158bmx

PR Member
Funny story about nemx. Went straight there in 2004 after picking up a brand new 05 yz125. Promptly made it 1 lap before completely wadding over the finish. Destroyed brand new 0hr bike, my shoulder hip elbow and brain. Had to have friend of a friend drive me 2hrs home. That guy has now been my best friend since. Also I met my now wife while I was getting surgery on my shoulder from that crash. Crazy to think how different my life would be if I didn’t go there that night. Thanks NEMX!

Toddco327

PR Addict
62 new layout is a blast. ram jam also has a new layout as of mid last week..little more technical than the past i'd say. its fun. love that we have both options!
Went to Ram Jam on Saturday for the pit bikes and minis. It was a good time! Their dirt formed some of the nicest ruts ever. Kids had a good time and it’s technical enough for big bikes and easy enough for the kids. For me it’s only 15min from my house so it’s perfect to get a mid week session in.

Rt 62 is on the list tho for the winter.