Do you prefer lock on or standard grips?

Attachments

• 403F7EC7-D564-4689-B257-482DB7DA4B85.png
    403F7EC7-D564-4689-B257-482DB7DA4B85.png
    330.4 KB · Views: 68
  • B2120048-6E4B-4D95-AA39-73C37AA64C94.png
    B2120048-6E4B-4D95-AA39-73C37AA64C94.png
    139 KB · Views: 69
Glue on. Every time I tried clamp ons I had to beat the bar side on with a damn hammer which led to aggravation upon removal. I even tried sanding down the knurled areas. I'd rather scrape glue off.

Lock on all day long. So easy, no spin, no mess from glue.

Meister were those ODIs that wouldn’t fit? Maybe you got an atv grip or something.
I've bought like 3 or 4 different emig odi's and had the same issue on every one all on different bikes/bars..

Lock on Odis. You do have to sand the bar down a bit, sand the bar once or chisel glue off everytime.

Weird. I’ve used odi for 7 years, never an issue. So easy. Loosen two screws, grip off. Grip on, tighten two screws. I’d thinking differently if I had to pound them on I guess

yep never have i ever had to get the persuader out to install odi grips

Glue on, Renthal soft compound full diamond. Installation is really easy with the lock on but i didnt personally like the feel and the bigger diameter of them.

Glue on, Renthal soft compound full diamond. Installation is really easy with the lock on but i didnt personally like the feel and the bigger diameter of them.
I hate the soft compound. When you crash they rip really easy as you can feel the bars and vibrations so much compared to the medium compound.

I hate the soft compound. When you crash they rip really easy as you can feel the bars and vibrations so much compared to the medium compound.
Im not going fast enough for all that but now that you mention the vibration, it has me wanting to try the mediums.

Lock ons.

I've only had one bar that needed persuasive action. Every other bar/bike they have worked perfect. Leave it to Meister to have an issue with everyone of his. Lol

Yeah, I have no idea. I even completely removed the screw. Mika's I sanded the piss out of and barely got it on at all.

Speaking of bars what’s a high bar bend for me being 6’5. I have always ran stock bars with those 1 1/8 risers. Is there anything out there that comes close ???

Back