Do you prefer lock on or standard grips?

Never even mess with Glue. Slide them on, and use a little safety wire. You rich guys buy those lock on grips. If I had your money I would burn mine.

Speaking of bars what’s a high bar bend for me being 6’5. I have always ran stock bars with those 1 1/8 risers. Is there anything out there that comes close ???
I have all ways used jimmy button 7/8 tall bends on most of my bikes. I am running the stock bars on my 450 and new 250 at this point And really don’t mind them but will eventually change them over…also got a tall seat for my 450 and hated it. Totally change the feel of the bike.

I have all ways used jimmy button 7/8 tall bends on most of my bikes. I am running the stock bars on my 450 and new 250 at this point And really don’t mind them but will eventually change them over…also got a tall seat for my 450 and hated it. Totally change the feel of the bike.
Funny, I've heard several guys say the exact same thing about the seats. Matthew just needs to buy some of CR High bend. They used to be pretty tall.

Matthew, go on Renthals web site. They have all the bend dimension's and you can compare them.

Funny, I've heard several guys say the exact same thing about the seats. Matthew just needs to buy some of CR High bend. They used to be pretty tall.

Matthew, go on Renthals web site. They have all the bend dimension's and you can compare them.
Kdub bend is usually pretty high.. Just go to rmatv n look at bends charts.

In a weird way - I like the process of putting on grips.

Renthal FULL waffle. Hard or medium compound. Black spray paint. Two wraps of safety wire.

Any other grips I get arm pump - or maybe I’m just insane and think I get more arm pump.

In a weird way - I like the process of putting on grips.

Renthal FULL waffle. Hard or medium compound. Black spray paint. Two wraps of safety wire.

Any other grips I get arm pump - or maybe I’m just insane and think I get more arm pump.
I find the opposite. Thicker grips mess with my carpal tunnel more too. I even tried the smooth odi's. Recently my flavor has been the Spyder grips.

I find the opposite. Thicker grips mess with my carpal tunnel more too. I even tried the smooth odi's. Recently my flavor has been the Spyder grips.
The larger diameter grips bother me as well. I will have to check out these spyder grips. Using glue isnt that hard. For all that still use glue, are you using saftey wire too? Ive never felt they needed wired.

Speaking of bars what’s a high bar bend for me being 6’5. I have always ran stock bars with those 1 1/8 risers. Is there anything out there that comes close ???
I think the KX Highs turned out to be the tallest that I could find the last time I bought some. I've also typically used two of the upper portion of clamps to raise them up even higher. I've just always hated feeling hunched over whiling standing.

And to try to stay on topic, I bought a pair of ODI's, better never installed them before I sold the bike. Always used glue on and wire.

Attachments

• s1200_Skarmavbild_2016_01_26_kl._13.49.02.jpg
    s1200_Skarmavbild_2016_01_26_kl._13.49.02.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 48
I think the KX Highs turned out to be the tallest that I could find the last time I bought some. I've also typically used two of the upper portion of clamps to raise them up even higher. I've just always hated feeling hunched over whiling standing.

And to try to stay on topic, I bought a pair of ODI's, better never installed them before I sold the bike. Always used glue on and wire.
That’s why I use the bar risers because it puts me in the best form and position while standing and attacking

Never even mess with Glue. Slide them on, and use a little safety wire.
Is my MO. Heck, I am even doing that for Spencer's grips. I do want to get one of those nifty grip wire tools, but for now a pair of pliers and snips gets it done...

I've done the Pro Taper pillow grips and any half waffle. Either one works.

Maybe I'll try the lock on's when I get that brand new TC300fi...lol.

Is my MO. Heck, I am even doing that for Spencer's grips. I do want to get one of those nifty grip wire tools, but for now a pair of pliers and snips gets it done...

I've done the Pro Taper pillow grips and any half waffle. Either one works.

Maybe I'll try the lock on's when I get that brand new TC300fi...lol.
Gotta get the wire tool. Makes life so easy I just put grips on the pit bike cause I got some new tall bars for it. Twists the wires tight and there on there good

My vote is for ODI lock on for sure. I did have to file and sand on my Protaper bar clutch side knurling to get them to fit but that only took a few minutes. I like the full waffle style grips because they are thicker rubber for more cushion. I wear an XL glove so I really like the larger diameter of the full waffle grip too. If your hand is smaller then you might not like the larger grip.

Back