SX Futures

Vet261

PR Addict
How about that Futures race? It was cool to see it as part of the night program!

Julian Beaumer fast qualifier for Futures would have put him as 6th fastest qualifier for the 250 class.

To me only a few guys looked like they could jump into the actual program, Deegan NOT being one of them! He's obviously fast but needs some time to relax so he doesn't hurt himself.

hershey

PR Elite
Fun to watch for sure. Many of the guys had good speed but like you said about Deegan, they just need more track time. It sucks they got rid of the road to sx, it was good for giving these guys real sx track time for preparation

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
like you said, lap times are there but they ain't ready! really puts it into perspective. anyone else get super annoyed every time they called those guys amateurs? lol

Vet261

PR Addict
like you said, lap times are there but they ain't ready! really puts it into perspective. anyone else get super annoyed every time they called those guys amateurs? lol

I still have a gripe with that. Back in the early 00's a certain Vet rider got bumped up from Vet C and tried to get me and all the others that raced +30 A/B bumped to A class. AMA was even starting to go with it -- they said if you ran a combined A/B class then you are all A riders. Also back then they still had 30+ B/C for LL so no way we wanted to get bumped to A. There were some interesting emails with the AMA Motocross guy at the time and it resulted in the class name just changing to "+30." LOL

Here we are 20 years later with "B" racers racing a full blown SX track on Saturday night in front of thousands but still being classified as B!

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
You could tell all them were so hyped and nervous. Only comes with time. All them are fast just if they can keep their nerves controlled they wouldn’t make so many mistakes.

Carlisle

PR Member
Be curious to see if they still televise it after dangerboy isn’t in it anymore!
Believe the hype!! Bahaha

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
How about that Futures race? It was cool to see it as part of the night program!

Julian Beaumer fast qualifier for Futures would have put him as 6th fastest qualifier for the 250 class.

To me only a few guys looked like they could jump into the actual program, Deegan NOT being one of them! He's obviously fast but needs some time to relax so he doesn't hurt himself.
Where’s that big pot stir award??? Very very clever way to ignite the C class thread without doing so directly. Kudos.

John250

PR Founding Father
Funny I told Matthew Daxson Bennick could be in there for the win before the race.

Deegan is fast, but I think he has a whole lot of pressure to make it happen.

Cochran is young and he is really fast too. Watch out for him.

Mark414

PR Member
Deegan will be fine , he needs some better coaching needs to stop leaning off the bike and turning his bars like he thinks he is scrubbing every bump on the track like a c rider.which he is far from beinglooks and has great corner speed and form.needs to get better starts, quit making content and go race with people.