Future of motocross

John250

PR Founding Father
Everyone says motocross is going electric. I happen to disagree, I think it would be the death of the sport.

Everyone says, but the noise. The noise is going to shut down tracks. Have you looked where most tracks are located? Most are in the middle of no where. Most get complaints from people who buy land, build a house and then complain about the noise. If it's not the noise, they will then come after you for destroying the habitat of some ground squirrel or erosion or something. It will not stop.

If electric bikes come in, no track has the infrastructure to support plugging them all in. So what do you do? Plug it into a gas powered generator. You think the noise of 30 bikes on a track is loud? Imagine the pits at the mini Os or a 500 rider race at East fork with everyone in the pits running generators all day. Because you know you'll always want a full charge. It will be louder than the tracks are now.
FB_IMG_1677250294793.jpg

Was in Scheits in Fremont a couple of weeks ago and they had some really cool electric bikes for kids from Honda, Beta , and Kawasaki.

If thats what you grow up on thats what you know.

A lot of guys grew up on 4 strokes and thats all they know.

Personally, 2 strokes forever, forever 2 strokes....... cause thats what I grew up on.

What going do? Come up short on a jump because battery doesn't have enough juice to make it.
Brilliant comment. I’m so glad a mechanical has never caused that to happen to a combustion motorcycle. In all the years of 2 and 4 stroke racing a bike has never shut down and caused a rider injury because the couldn’t clear a jump??
Your so right. F those electric bikes. Even though no manufacturer would ever release a race bike until it’s safe enough to ensure no liabilities come back on them.
Pull start air cooled RULES!!!

Go to a Home Depot and look for a lawnmower. I was pretty shocked (pun intended) when I just looked around in one the other day.

Go to a Home Depot and look for a lawnmower. I was pretty shocked (pun intended) when I just looked around in one the other day.
Guess I have not paid attention. I can imagine those junk electric mowers like my daughter has. Go buy a Snapper. They are the best anyway and run forever.

It will never go to full electric lawn mowers. Because they haven’t figured out electric mowers for commercial use. So all these companies won’t go to full electric. Plus mowers are expensive enough can you imagine an electric stand up that’s already 12k now. It would be 20k

Mandating electricity will never make it successful.

But make it objective performance wise and it’ll take off.

motocross is small enough to be all electric.

everybody driving cars daily, not realistic.

My sister has an electric 16" chainsaw. Sure, not going to cut up the woods on a single charge, but damn it is handy for a small job. Light, stops turning when you let go of the trigger, and will cut it's fair share.

I think electric will find it's niche. Johnny, I so cannot wait until you buy your first electric something. Of course, you won't post it, but your son will...lol. ;)

My sister has an electric 16" chainsaw. Sure, not going to cut up the woods on a single charge, but damn it is handy for a small job. Light, stops turning when you let go of the trigger, and will cut it's fair share.

I think electric will find it's niche. Johnny, I so cannot wait until you buy your first electric something. Of course, you won't post it, but your son will...lol. ;)
No electric crap for me. Mowers, blowers, edgers, chain saws. They all suck. Have zero power and lose charge before you're done with the job.

You don't go to home depot to buy your bike why would you buy a mower there it gets used more than your bike. I have a john deere push and zero turn and a Honda push best mower made , I sure as hell did not go to a box store looking for mowers.

You don't go to home depot to buy your bike why would you buy a mower there it gets used more than your bike. I have a john deere push and zero turn and a Honda push best mower made , I sure as hell did not go to a box store looking for mowers.
Have a snapper and John Deere. Snappers run forever

My dad had a 2 stroke snapper. I used to buy powermist race fuel In 30 gallon drums and dad ran it in the mower you could smell it a block away.
I love running my old 2 stroke gas in my yard two stroke machines... :)

Back