Stupid fees

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
So i know motocross has never been a cheap sport but some fees are just straight up stupid. I’m looking at these spring nationals people are going to and they have fees just to park. You pay your gate fees to get in and race fees yet you gotta pay $50 just to park. Like if you’re camping I get it but people are who aren’t even there it’s so stupid. Like why are these tracks adding these fees. Makes no sense to me

They add them because people keep paying them.
HAHA. Yup. Only in SC and NC they went too far....

Friday entry is 25, Sat entry is 20 and Sunday entry is 15. No refunds. If your just practicing on Saturday, 20 to get through the gate, no refunds

So this is how it works. Friday, Saturday and Sunday entry, nothing going on Friday. 10 dollars to camp per night. dry hookup., 20 for a transponder sticker to be scored, 20 for a pit vehicle ( 140 for the year), Saturday is practice, Sunday is racing, with a short 1 or 2 lap practice. Practice is broken up by class, much like a race without awards. Sitting around all day. If you want to race and expect a practice, well that's not how it is. SATURDAY is practice.

They got 25 people to show up last Saturday at Windy Hill, the promoter bad mouthed everyone who didn't support them on FB and canceled the race on Sunday.

Good for the MX community! We don't need this stuff!

I won't support that promoter ( multiple locations) either.

I just went to Daytona and raced Tuesday.........
At least I know I was gonna get ripped off before I got there. They ran out of Awards Tuesday. WHO would of thunk about that, it's only MX Sports, rookie promoters and all..........

HAHA. Yup. Only in SC and NC they went too far....

Friday entry is 25, Sat entry is 20 and Sunday entry is 15. No refunds. If your just practicing on Saturday, 20 to get through the gate, no refunds

So this is how it works. Friday, Saturday and Sunday entry, nothing going on Friday. 10 dollars to camp per night. dry hookup., 20 for a transponder sticker to be scored, 20 for a pit vehicle ( 140 for the year), Saturday is practice, Sunday is racing, with a short 1 or 2 lap practice. Practice is broken up by class, much like a race without awards. Sitting around all day. If you want to race and expect a practice, well that's not how it is. SATURDAY is practice.

They got 25 people to show up last Saturday at Windy Hill, the promoter bad mouthed everyone who didn't support them on FB and canceled the race on Sunday.

Good for the MX community! We don't need this stuff!

I won't support that promoter ( multiple locations) either.

I just went to Daytona and raced Tuesday.........
At least I know I was gonna get ripped off before I got there. They ran out of Awards Tuesday. WHO would of thunk about that, it's only MX Sports, rookie promoters and all..........
Daytona ran out of awards in 21. Took 6 months to get.

In 22 I went up right after my moto to get my award.

This year, I went up early. Admittedly a little excited to get my first 1st place Daytona trophy. She literally asked if I could pass on my trophy and have one shipped. I couldn't do it and explained it took 6 months last time. She understood and I took it..

Daytona ran out of awards in 21. Took 6 months to get.

In 22 I went up right after my moto to get my award.

This year, I went up early. Admittedly a little excited to get my first 1st place Daytona trophy. She literally asked if I could pass on my trophy and have one shipped. I couldn't do it and explained it took 6 months last time. She understood and I took it..
I got mine last year, but I was done early. This year I did 3 classes. 3 ,9 and 20. Lots of staging, so I didn't get ANY of them. Thanks. I won't be counting on them till September. No Biggie, I don't really display much here anyhow.

Seriously, How do they faq up like this anyhow? They act like they are rookies at doing the event. Those 3 trophies cost me like 400 in signup fees too. It's just the principle of the whole thing......

I got mine last year, but I was done early. This year I did 3 classes. 3 ,9 and 20. Lots of staging, so I didn't get ANY of them. Thanks. I won't be counting on them till September. No Biggie, I don't really display much here anyhow.

Seriously, How do they faq up like this anyhow? They act like they are rookies at doing the event. Those 3 trophies cost me like 400 in signup fees too. It's just the principle of the whole thing......
Honestly it’s very simple do the top 10 of every class and make sure you have all those trophies made. Along with a number one plate made for every class and your good. So easy to be organized I don’t get how they mess it up. Need JO and Connie running the show

You guys would be shocked at how many awards do not get picked up, never get picked up, go to the dumpster after 1 year. Given this, the promotor tries, TRIES, to project or guess at how many awards. I've gotten decent at it in 17 years, but I still screw it up. Otherwise, your just lighting money on fire. Now for the biggest events, yeah most of those get picked up, Regionals, ATV Nationals. Probably the worst is an AQ.

You guys would be shocked at how many awards do not get picked up, never get picked up, go to the dumpster after 1 year. Given this, the promotor tries, TRIES, to project or guess at how many awards. I've gotten decent at it in 17 years, but I still screw it up. Otherwise, your just lighting money on fire. Now for the biggest events, yeah most of those get picked up, Regionals, ATV Nationals. Probably the worst is an AQ.
I can imagine there's challenges there. I think you're also right in saying the bigger events probably get most picked up. Those events should be an easy order, and if their million dollar events accidentally over order by a grand or something, give them to sponsors. I know this doesn't apply in most cases but the ones im talking about can wipe their tears with $100 bills.. lol

Daytona RCSX is the most ridiculous fees I've ever seen. And they have waiting lists for RCSX! Pay Pay Pay!
That’s what I’m saying they make so much money and I can guarantee every class at Daytona for amateur day is full gates so always order 10 for each class.

Daytona RCSX is the most ridiculous fees I've ever seen. And they have waiting lists for RCSX! Pay Pay Pay!
Honestly Daytona is expensive. But Ive always thought it's a WAY better value than an arenacross. Daytona, you get a decent amount of track time. Miesters 30+ main was like 10 laps. Think B classes ran like 13 or 14 laps.

Go price a Tri-State arenacross. Talk about a rip off.

Daytona should never run out of awards. Order every class. I bet 98% of them at Daytona are picked up.

That’s what I’m saying they make so much money and I can guarantee every class at Daytona for amateur day is full gates so always order 10 for each class.
You would think they would have at least the podium for every class that they run. They didn't.

Really just wanted to take pictures with Randy Richardson. He got one out of 4. I got 0 out of 3. He's from SC ( like me now) and we pitted together. Cool guy.

But you know MX Sports history, and you know they dont care about anything butbthe "buck".

I specifically remember the year because it had never been charged before. Rolled in for amateur day, and was like what? You're charging what to park my truck and trailer??? It was crazy.
Yeah, the per axle thing was stupid...

You guys need to boycott any track that starts charging parking fees. The next thing they will try to whack you with will be transponder-scoring fees, then reserved number fees and on and on.

It is happening in other types of racing right now.

Back