Tomac

So heavy.

Eli has turned into one of my favorite riders over the years. I watched Carmichael and MC on their way out but never appreciated greatness because I was so young.

His motocross of nations ride last year was unforgettable.

First lap of practice at Mxon I literally had goosebumps when he through the rollers WFO. He rides a 450 like it’s a 125.

Yeah, totally bum deal. One that isn't common. Could be more than I know, just that I do not hear a lot about it. Feel for him. I am with RC though. He'll hang up the boots... :(

Man, that was hard to watch. I really wanted Tomac for the championship. He is a good champion.

I would think he will surely go back and forth about retiring or keep racing. I could see him hanging it up and I could see him not wanting to go out like that barring he is able to recover for supercross next year in spite of the new generation coming in, just to race his way into retirement. He would still be a title count if he can get back to form.

Definitely a tough injury to come back from, but other professional athletes from basketball and football come back from that injury and many don’t.

Time will tell, but will be interesting to see what unfolds. I am rooting for him to come back.

I was devastated when it happened. AS soon as the camera went to him you could tell he was hurting. I first thought, bike trouble, cramp. I was already bummed last week when Webb and Barcia got hurt. I was rooting for Webb and it made for great racing. I like Sexton but didn't want him to win. Now Honda has won all 3 classes this year, sorry I'm bitter against Honda. I have been a fan of SX for decades, but this really took the excitement out of it for me. It reminded me of the day Dale Earnhardt got killed, I never watched another Nascar race. I doubt Eli will come back from this but only time will tell. A lot of injuries this year, but it always seems there are people to take their place.

I was devastated when it happened. AS soon as the camera went to him you could tell he was hurting. I first thought, bike trouble, cramp. I was already bummed last week when Webb and Barcia got hurt. I was rooting for Webb and it made for great racing. I like Sexton but didn't want him to win. Now Honda has won all 3 classes this year, sorry I'm bitter against Honda. I have been a fan of SX for decades, but this really took the excitement out of it for me. It reminded me of the day Dale Earnhardt got killed, I never watched another Nascar race. I doubt Eli will come back from this but only time will tell. A lot of injuries this year, but it always seems there are people to take their place.
I feel the same. I turned off the TV soon that happened.

Yeah...Salt Lake will be the most unwatched SX of the year for sure now...

Tomac is done. He was thinking retiring before the season. Hate it, I think he wanted the first Super notocross Championship. Chase totally backdoored this championship with Webb going down and now Eli.

I do now think there is a very good chance Webb goes back to Star Yamaha next season with DF.

Really sucks, he was in the groove and better having fun. Never saw so much smiling and laughing out of Eli before this season.

I think he is done too, proved he is a true champion and belongs with the greats. He has a family and no need for more money or risk. Of he were younger and hadn't already basically retired maybe it would be different.

Sexton and Jett should have some food battles. Sexton seems to have settled down and is starting to get past his mental fog at the end of the races. It could be a good season still if a few others stay healthy.

Really sucks, he was in the groove and better having fun. Never saw so much smiling and laughing out of Eli before this season.

I think he is done too, proved he is a true champion and belongs with the greats. He has a family and no need for more money or risk. Of he were younger and hadn't already basically retired maybe it would be different.

Sexton and Jett should have some food battles. Sexton seems to have settled down and is starting to get past his mental fog at the end of the races. It could be a good season still if a few others stay healthy.
Do you proof read your posts? I'm hoping no... ;) Good thing I have a wife that texts me that way so I think I know what you meant...lol.

Totally agree on Tomac smiling and having fun. Is what makes it more of a bummer... Not thinking he was doing it for the money so much anymore anyway...

Yeah, Sexton getting comfortable in his own skin finally. Although....thinking the Lawrence bros could push him into the tippy tips again. Guess we'll see...

Honda is. They are moving Hunter up to 450 as well. Expect to see Honda 1,2,and 3 all summer long.
Ya... the Honda boys are going to run away with the out doors series... hope some local guys like karnow and hand can get in the mix... would be great to see them tearing it up outdoors..

They won't be battling Roczen for any wins. He just signed for world SX for the next three years. No outdoors.

Anyone know what is up with Vince Friese? Why didn't he ride 250 or 450 SX this year? Is he riding WSX? He had good results in 250s last year and was always a top 15 450 guy.

Screenshot_20230508_135736_Facebook.jpg

Do you proof read your posts? I'm hoping no... ;) Good thing I have a wife that texts me that way so I think I know what you meant...lol.

Totally agree on Tomac smiling and having fun. Is what makes it more of a bummer... Not thinking he was doing it for the money so much anymore anyway...

Yeah, Sexton getting comfortable in his own skin finally. Although....thinking the Lawrence bros could push him into the tippy tips again. Guess we'll see...
Nah, to busy to check spelling and grammar.

What does your wife have to do with my posts??

Back