Honda Hills AHRMA - 2023

NQ1965

PR Elite
No surprise, spring and early summer has been a thousand things eating up all of our time, and once again I'm cramming to get bikes together for Honda Hills AHRMA race and Vintage Motorcycle Days.
To add to the madness, I'm trying to get my truck back on the road from a dead ignition issue, and aside from riding my Honda Nighthawk to work, haven't rode a dirt bike yet this year.

I've spent two evenings pulling together all the parts and work lists that I didn't get to last year and getting last minute parts orders placed online.
With these hot humid days, I'm swamped at work with cooling systems issues, and I get irritable operating in chaos mode constantly, but Nancy was happy to see me pull the bikes out, making my commitments by pre-registering, and spending money like a madman again, hahaha :D. It would sure be easier to chuck all the plans and go fishing instead, but then I would have a summer with nothing worthwhile to look back on.

1688692978321.jpeg

Last edited:
No surprise, spring and early summer has been a thousand things eating up all of our time, and once again I'm cramming to get bikes together for Honda Hills AHRMA race and Vintage Motorcycle Days.
To add to the madness, I'm trying to get my truck back on the road from a dead ignition issue, and aside from riding my Honda Nighthawk to work, haven't rode a dirt bike yet this year.

I've spent two evenings pulling together all the parts and work lists that I didn't get to last year and getting last minute parts orders placed online.
With these hot humid days, I'm swamped at work with cooling systems issues, and I get irritable operating in chaos mode constantly, but Nancy was happy to see me pull the bikes out, making my commitments by pre-registering, and spending money like a madman again, hahaha :D. It would sure be easier to chuck all the plans and go fishing instead, but then I would have a summer with nothing worthwhile to look back on.

View attachment 78946
You can take your bike and go fishing - you'll do 2 things at the same time :) Unless the fishing is in the sea :D

Great weekend of racing for Honda Hills AHRMA National.

Race entry numbers could of been better, but considering the high costs of everything today, we're probably fortunate to even had the event I believe. Numbers are down at all of the AHRMA nationals I've been told.

Track was a blast and event seemed to run smooth enough overall I would say.
Most of all really enjoyed spending the weekend at the track with my wife, the grandkids, some old friends, and meeting a few new folks.

Big shout-out and THANK YOU to owners Levi and Alisha Baker, Kurt Mosher and the rest of the track crew for their early mornings, long days and hard work volunteering to make it very a memorable weekend!

Pictures to follow when I can get to them.

Last edited:
Had a blast, love Honda Hills. So happy it's opened back up, I appreciate all the hard work the Honda Hills team put into the event. Track was awesome. Catching up with everyone was fantastic. I'll be back for sure!

Last edited:
IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3870 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

Racer chasing me down here is Laci Horvath, from I believe Pennsylvania.

IMG_3968.jpg

Laci passed me and held on to two 2nd place finishes. Damn good rider!

IMG_3972.jpg

This pic was past the finish line heading to the ski-jump. We were on our 2nd lap grouped up and swapping positions. What a blast!

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

Ran into many riders that we knew over the weekend, but had the most fun pitting next to PitRacer member Scott Stanford and hanging out and reminiscing.
Scott actually sold me the 1984 YZ250 that I raced that day. He's also inspired me to not sell my 1982 YZ250 and keep racing it.

IMG_4190-dnszd.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg