Loretta’s Week!!

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I get the lightning delays but what are they going to do. Can’t shorten motos because people would bitch. I guess run really late on Saturday now. Definitely a situation I would not wanna deal with. Track is gone for today whether they run or not. If they can’t run today yes they will be a day behind but at least the track could be salvaged. Lots of standing water tho

bruceb

PR Addict
Over the years that I have been going to the ranch, I have seen every combination to deal with weather delays., from shortening motos. to only running two motos, to running extra time on Saturday. The Saturday option was easier in the early days when they ended at 12:30 on Saturday. For minor delays, I have seen them do sight laps as soon as the previous moto ended instead of giving them "quiet time" for the podium interviews. If they lose an entire day, it will probably be a 2 moto format for the week except for the Pro Sport classes

Last edited:

bruceb

PR Addict
Screenshot%20%2820%29.png

Carlisle

PR Member
Whatever happened to racing in the elements? Lightning no that I get. But not racing in the rain because they don’t want to open the track up! Bahaha!! Guess they should have figured out a way for it to drain properly after they rebuilt everything from the flood. The problem with a man made track on flat ground. When I raced in 08 it was a mudder and still raining for one of my motos. Boy how times have changed!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Whatever happened to racing in the elements? Lightning no that I get. But not racing in the rain because they don’t want to open the track up! Bahaha!! Guess they should have figured out a way for it to drain properly after they rebuilt everything from the flood. The problem with a man made track on flat ground. When I raced in 08 it was a mudder and still raining for one of my motos. Boy how times have changed!
I think they were waiting on lightning to move out cuz they're gonna turn them loose soon..

For quite some time it seemed like everyone got a mud moto or a 108° moto. Last few years they've been lucky with the rain. When I went, my 2nd moto was wet, but not a mudder like were about to see. If I were there right now, I'd be crying thinking of trashing a 2023 motorcycle that I paid for. Gimme a free one and I'd be pumped for a mud moto again.

John250

PR Founding Father
50 plus podium is a joke. Brown, Emig and Carsten. Jesus, how many nationals and Supercrosses and championships do those three have? Welcome to the 2023 AMA "Amateur" nationals. And anyone that feels they belong there, please tell me your definition of "Amateur".

Meister

PR Founding Father
50 plus podium is a joke. Brown, Emig and Carsten. Jesus, how many nationals and Supercrosses and championships do those three have? Welcome to the 2023 AMA "Amateur" nationals. And anyone that feels they belong there, please tell me your definition of "Amateur".

Lapped up to 8th I think they said. lol

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Still a half a day behind, but they made it to the intermission point of Thursday (I believe). Which is remarkable considering the amount of rain. Today's storm looks similar to yesterday's, if the lightning continues things may get difficult.

John250

PR Founding Father
Why don't they just race Sunday to finish up? They have an extra day.

Anyone know what happened to mercer in moto 2? Had an awesome moto one with a 7th. Then 41st in moto two.

Last edited:

nitrofish

PR Addict
We heard 15 minute motos for the remainder of the event and 50 classes cutting the 3rd moto. A revolt of 50 parents is growing outside the MX sports trailer! Lol. I’ll try to get video.

Meister

PR Founding Father
We heard 15 minute motos for the remainder of the event and 50 classes cutting the 3rd moto. A revolt of 50 parents is growing outside the MX sports trailer! Lol. I’ll try to get video.
I was waiting for that to happen. Lol