Im building a public mx track in ohio

Hey everyone, I'm looking to build a motocross track here in ohio and I would love to hear everyone's opinion on where the track should be located and other recommendations you may have!

You have signed up and now have access to searching old posts on PitRacer.

Searching will give you a treasure trove of good information related to opening a track - about what has worked, what has not, how to be profitable, how to create customer demand, where in the state other successful track are, etc.

Your hello everyone, I am going to build a motocross track, what are some opinions will likely not get you very many useful responses.

IF you are serious, treat it like you are starting a business with a plan (doesn't have to be a complicated) including financing, land purchase, equipment, targeted race classes, practices, liability, local ordinances, series affiliations, rider demand, revenue needed to support the new track, supply (where in Ohio are there great tracks and where in Ohio the market is saturated and then where is there an opportunity for a new track)

How many tracks in Ohio have you ridden and visited (at races, at practices, etc.) Have you worked for a track owner during a season(s) to learn the ropes of both the operating a track and the business side. Have you researched the choice of business incorporation options? Lots of fun a pre-work you can do to learn how viable your idea might be.

There are some very decent posts about how to start a track in the PitRacer thread history and how hard it is.

Good luck - do some research and ask this group some specific questions - You will be amazed at the excellent voice of customer responses you can get.

Stay close to metro area with hotels, food, shopping. Highway interstate access, 100 acres with accessible parking.

Contact mxsports, you need them.

Honestly, you see what location does for Malvern..

Just south of canton down to around new philly. Columbus guys arent far, Cleveland guys arent far.

I would say east to southeast. All the other areas are covered pretty well.
Agree. Anywhere near st. Clairesville, barnesville, Cambridge, Marietta area would be a good area. Not too far from the northern guys and about an hour to hour and a half from central Ohio. Plus lots of great elevation in that region of the state as well.

Back