2024 SX Thread

mshafer62

PR Addict
So glad for SX to be back!

Especially with the new start time close to 8pm for all the night races :)

Felt the racing was good overall. Some surprise finishes, some not.
I had Webb 1st, Jett 2nd, Sexton 3rd, Kenny 4th, Tomac 5th.
Surprises to me were Anderson, Plessinger, and Barcia
Not even going to mention Vince...

In the 250's Hampshire looks strong as did Smith. Kittchen looked better on the Yamaha, same with Shimoda who looked better on the Kawasaki.
But it's early in the season. Beaumer will be one to watch.

Back in the day, there used to be the Holeshot Award, By chance did you see MX Locker
is donating $500 to a rider in both classes that didn't make the mains? That's $17,000!
Nice gesture on their part!

mail

Now on to San Francisco

I think Jo will be fine on the Honda.

I look for Honda to take the title again. I just don't see anyone beating Jett on a regular basis. He has kicked it up since outdoors last year.

I’ll check back in pro motocross in the next 10 years, bc that’s how long Jett will be dominating for. All the top dudes in the 450 class are on the older side, Jett is what, 19? He realistically has 15 years + to terrorize the pro ranks.

I’ll check back in pro motocross in the next 10 years, bc that’s how long Jett will be dominating for. All the top dudes in the 450 class are on the older side, Jett is what, 19? He realistically has 15 years + to terrorize the pro ranks.
Sport is a young man's sport. I will give him the next 5 or 6 years. But unless Sexton steps it up, I don't see anyone competing with Jett right now.

Sport is a young man's sport. I will give him the next 5 or 6 years. But unless Sexton steps it up, I don't see anyone competing with Jett right now.
Eli Tomac would have to disagree with that. The dudes only gotten better with age. To be honest i don’t know if Eli can stick with Jett, especially coming off of this injury.

There’s people who can compete with Jett. Jett might seem like he unbeatable but he’s not. Racers race and Webb, Anderson, tomac, chase, roczen and all them have something for him. That little hit he gave Anderson, watch next week I guarantee Anderson gives it right back. However it’s all in the start if the people can start infront of him I think he won’t be able to pass them as easy.

Jorge prado!!! If he stays healthy through supercross I think will take some outdoor motos from jett!!! Prado ain’t old!!!

I knew Prado would be good at starts as he almost pulls every holeshot and I kinda have based my technique off him sort of. But then Europeans are insane in those slick muddy conditions definitely something the US riders need to improve on but very tough to do so. But speaking of starts. Sexton had the best jump I’ve ever seen ever. The way he timed the gate was just nuts. Definitely not something i would suggest him to try to keep doing but damn that was a crazy jump

I knew Prado would be good at starts as he almost pulls every holeshot and I kinda have based my technique off him sort of. But then Europeans are insane in those slick muddy conditions definitely something the US riders need to improve on but very tough to do so. But speaking of starts. Sexton had the best jump I’ve ever seen ever. The way he timed the gate was just nuts. Definitely not something i would suggest him to try to keep doing but damn that was a crazy jump
He mentioned something to the effect in his interview that he "thought" he saw something move, but looking back, it was probably just lucky.

He mentioned something to the effect in his interview that he "thought" he saw something move, but looking back, it was probably just lucky.
Thing is tho…..if he thought. It happened. So there’s definitely a way to refine to get that kinda jump.

Should consult alessi for that.

This week. AP. My palms were sweaty with 6 minutes to go. Just wanted that dude to win ha

Back