Boot Resole

DC817

PR Addict
Anybody know of a local cobbler in NE Ohio that can resole boots? Decided to order inserts for my old tech 10’s from eBay but they ended up sending the whole bottom soles. I’ve checked with a couple cobblers near Canton that said they can’t do it. Doesn’t seem like you can order the inserts anymore either.

Attachments

• IMG_9031.jpeg
    IMG_9031.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 31
Anybody know of a local cobbler in NE Ohio that can resole boots? Decided to order inserts for my old tech 10’s from eBay but they ended up sending the whole bottom soles. I’ve checked with a couple cobblers near Canton that said they can’t do it. Doesn’t seem like you can order the inserts anymore either.
I had Pro-Boot do a pair of Gaerne boots for me. It has been a few years but don't remember it being too expensive and they have held up well.

It is a company in Minnesota. Local guy wouldn't do them.

It’s really not that hard. Heat the old sole up with a heat gun, pry it off. Take a dremel to remove as much old glue as possible, clean with acetone and let fully dry. Next take some barge infinity cement, put it on the new sole and some on the bottom of the boot, heat new glue up and stick together. Hold for 3-5 minutes, and put 2 small vices on boot for 4 hours to let cure. Remove vices, let cure for 24 hours land you’re good to go. It’s the same method i use when doing sole swaps on old classic air Jordan’s and Nike SB dunks.

Might just be the way I ride and how I’m hard on s**t. But my one set has lasted me 3 years and I take really good care of my stuff but damn the soles are worn but I don’t think I can fix them it’s just time to buy some new ones.

Back