My a$$ needs help

tj131

PR Member
Literally. Anyone tried a different seat on their new Yamaha? It's brutal. Tried asking this on vital, crickets.

Leaning towards Guts flat/wide foam.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Crute told me guts or someone makes just a better foam. Look at the ones on mx locker. Ive come to like the shape tho for cornering but man the weak foam definitely hurts my ass after a day of moto.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I like the new seat. However I blow thru them. Last season had to get a new one for this year and now I know coming up either I’m going to need a new stock seat or sell the bike but we will see

mshafer62

PR Addict
When I bought my bike the seat was one of the items on my "to change" list
but after riding with it. I don't have any problem with it. Possibly it's because
I wear old bicycle shorts under my pants...

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I mean in all honesty if your ass isn’t getting a little ripped up by the seat you ain’t getting on the gas hard enough and the bicycle shorts isn’t a bad idea I’ve had buddies do that when it gets too bad. Really though the only way to really help the problem it to buy some padded biker shorts because changing the seat isn’t going to help because you want that grip on the seat. I can’t ride a 450 without a gripper seat my ass will slide from front to back as soon as I get on the gas hard

Meister

PR Founding Father
The Guts seat foam fixes the ass/seat issue. I swear the stock seat would spread my buttcheeks and touch me places.
I'm sure that was your favorite part of having it lol..

I'm not getting monkey butt from sliding, i get sore ass bones/tail bone.

I sat on a guts wide seat but wasnt sold. Was definitely more comfortable but too flat after starting to like the stock shape.

MX_Implements

PR Addict

I sat on a guts wide seat but wasnt sold. Was definitely more comfortable but too flat after starting to like the stock shape.
Reminded of you and our nights in Daytona.

tj131

PR Member

I have same issue. Bruised my tailbone years ago and doesn't take much for it to hurt again. Even sitting on a hard chair. Skin isn't the issue and I don't want to quit riding for the day just because of the seat.

Im thinking soft foam, going back and forth on the shape.

tj131

PR Member
1724859504835.jpeg

I did new foam and a cover a few years ago on my 18. Wasn't too bad.

Carlisle

PR Member
Literally. Anyone tried a different seat on their new Yamaha? It's brutal. Tried asking this on vital, crickets.

Leaning towards Guts flat/wide foam.
Very easy answer. Quit sitting down all the time, lose some weight, strengthen your core, strengthen your legs. If none of that is feasible then just put baby powder on your ass every time you ride. Go back and look at your forum post!!! The responses you’ve gotten are very polite. “My ass needs some help”. Imagine if that was an adult video title!!!!! Hell it probably is!! Lmfao!!

tj131

PR Member
I stand up a lot. It's not skin related. It's my coccyx. The post title was intended to be funny... should have been "my coccyx needs help"... darn it, next time !i

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
guts wide foam. offer in it all of the configurations (tall, standard, phantom (super light weight)). i did the phantom wide on mine. i can't compare it to stock i literally never rode it stock, but i had no complaints on it so it must have been OK lol

Meister

PR Founding Father
Very easy answer. Quit sitting down all the time, lose some weight, strengthen your core, strengthen your legs. If none of that is feasible then just put baby powder on your ass every time you ride. Go back and look at your forum post!!! The responses you’ve gotten are very polite. “My ass needs some help”. Imagine if that was an adult video title!!!!! Hell it probably is!! Lmfao!!
The induced pain comes from corners you slam into and seat bouncing. Ive never experienced this on any other bike ive owned. This aint monkey butt type stuff. Its a very unconventional shape compared to what were used to on literally every other dirt bike made.

tj131

PR Member
The induced pain comes from corners you slam into and seat bouncing. Ive never experienced this on any other bike ive owned. This aint monkey butt type stuff. Its a very unconventional shape compared to what were used to on literally every other dirt bike made.
It's forced me into not seat bouncing so many jumps, so I guess that's a plus?

Meister

PR Founding Father
It's forced me into not seat bouncing so many jumps, so I guess that's a plus?
Nah, there's certain ones that require it.. like at bburg i seat bounce into the whoops, land wide open and seat bounce the next double because there isnt much lift but the g out between the two slammed my ass so hard lol.. the table after loraccos leap if i took the way way inside id seat bounce the table and thatd get me too.. route 62 supercross had a tough one too seat bouncing out of the corner onto/over a table that i had to hit real hard.. railing the corner after the ski jump at red bud would get me too because my set ups a little soft for that kinda force..