Carter Gray getting docked

JMO330

PR Member
As we have all heard by now, they docked the kid a bunch of positions for jumping a jump he was told not to by the race cordinators. Whats everyones thoughts on this? Im in shock a bit. Ive never heard anyone say NO YOU CANT DO THAT JUMP, especially if you think you got it. I can respectfully see both sides but IMO its moto, its always a risk, if they wanna send it, let them send it.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
As we have all heard by now, they docked the kid a bunch of positions for jumping a jump he was told not to by the race cordinators. Whats everyones thoughts on this? Im in shock a bit. Ive never heard anyone say NO YOU CANT DO THAT JUMP, especially if you think you got it. I can respectfully see both sides but IMO its moto, its always a risk, if they wanna send it, let them send it.
I got disqualified in C class back in the day for jumping the triples at scenic highlands. Some kid names Derek scharr’s dad bitched and i was disqualified and moved to B class.

But that’s a local level, a national level these kids are at, disqualifying for a jump is Ludacris

JMO330

PR Member
I got disqualified in C class back in the day for jumping the triples at scenic highlands. Some kid names Derek scharr’s dad bitched and i was disqualified and moved to B class.

But that’s a local level, a national level these kids are at, disqualifying for a jump is Ludacris
You brought back memories there, C class, senic, Sharr,.... but ANYWAYS. The kid killed it, he won the race, he was the best rider, and your gonna take it away because he had the balls to send er? Not cool.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Last year, people were going nuts when the super mini kids were smashing their brains out at smx.
I would rather the organization not want to show kids getting hurt doing some thing sketchy on national TV, where we are hoping mom and dad might let little Johnny catch that dirt bike itch.
Carter was lucky he was able to keep going after wadding it up on that jump earlier in the day.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
They declared it before the race, it wasn't too be jumped. The other kids that hit it during practice, listened during the riders meeting and did not jump it. Thus did not get docked.

Toddco327

PR Addict
1725902729032.jpeg

“Don’t jump it but…..”

Meister

PR Founding Father
If its about safety, they shouldn't be invited to race a track like that. Shady to create late weekend rule when it wasnt a thing till the last time on the track.

Kid won Lorettas and Baja, both more dangerous late in the day than a big double. The "other" big double was more dangerous because of the gigantic face with tiny muddy landing. The videos of Carter riding a home Supercross track was way nuttier than that finish double.

They didn't put this on tv because they knew how stupid itd look.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I think it’s completely bull. Kids had balls and sent it. I couldn’t believe they were sending the wall jump that was huge. Also doesn’t help that they made a wall jump right infront of it. After day 1 they could have took that wall and moved it forward so it wasn’t even possible. But to take a win away for someone riding the track and sending it to win is ridiculous. These kids are the best let them do what they believe their skill level is up to. I just think it’s funny the jump that they are literally falling out of the sky they had no problem with but finish line is a problem

John250

PR Founding Father
He was dockedf two positions. Sorry, it was the right call. If it is a red cross flag, jumping a jump you're told not too, it is the rules. Everyone else played by the rule. So next time someone jumps on a red cross, do you say, "well it was Tomac and he knew what he was doing, it wasn't Freisse". Not how it works.

The kids wadded it up big time earlier in the day on the track. Looked a little wobbly when he got up. Probably hit his head pretty good. So they are just trying to keep 10 year olds safe. Good call by the AMA.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
They told alessi at the us open not to hit a triple in like early 2000s.

There’s precedent to this stuff.

Pretty sure he still did it. And pretty sure nothing happening to him.

AMA has all kinds dumb s**t like this. You don’t tell them on the gate not to do a jump after it’s been done all weekend.

Make the rules law when you sign up. Make the kids sign they’ve read the rules. Otherwise this is typical kangaroo bullshit that continues to happen.

Race hard get docked. Sometimes. Whatever they wanna feel like doing to you. Too much opinion on the calls how they do it currently. From 50s to pros. Too much variability.

Darrell Green

PR Member
He was dockedf two positions. Sorry, it was the right call. If it is a red cross flag, jumping a jump you're told not too, it is the rules. Everyone else played by the rule. So next time someone jumps on a red cross, do you say, "well it was Tomac and he knew what he was doing, it wasn't Freisse". Not how it works.

The kids wadded it up big time earlier in the day on the track. Looked a little wobbly when he got up. Probably hit his head pretty good. So they are just trying to keep 10 year olds safe. Good call by the AMA.
I disagree, the promoter screwed this up. You’re right that all the other kids followed the rules but a big part of that was because none of them had hit it all week anyways. There was only a couple kids consistently hitting the finish line. You can’t allow kids to jump it all the way through the event then change the rules 10 minutes before the main. If they did want to change the rules then the flagger should have been throwing the Red Cross flag at the jump to prevent anyone from jumping it. The promoter is at fault here and they screwed Carter.

JMO330

PR Member
Im very surprised how many people are on the officials side with this. Its interesting that is all. It seems to be a 50/50 opinion on it. Im still all for, if you think you can send er, send er bud.

John250

PR Founding Father
They even took out another big double before the motocross section because so many of them wrecked on it, including gray. Bottom line they didn't want a kid leaving a televised race on a stretcher. It was the right move.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
They even took out another big double before the motocross section because so many of them wrecked on it, including gray. Bottom line they didn't want a kid leaving a televised race on a stretcher. It was the right move.
Bs John.

You don’t change the rules on the gate. That’s insane. What kinda libtard comment is this. Truck driver guy. Back me up here. . .

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Promoters are in the wrong and should have had the rules in place before the bikes ever touched the track. Honestly though I wonder if the promoters were like you know what there’s no way that’s possible on a 65 we will be alright. Then 3-5 of them jump it. I know I’d probably say the same thing

MX955

PitRacer Pro
Kids on little bikes have been hitting big jumps that promoters didn’t think they could jump forever. I can remember seeing Brock Sellards & Jeff Gibson both doing this at Columbus AX on little bikes. There is always a small group of these kids that can ride these better and do things on them better than others, let them rip!

Carlisle

PR Member
Bs John.

You don’t change the rules on the gate. That’s insane. What kinda libtard comment is this. Truck driver guy. Back me up here. . .
Truck driver guy here!!! Been watching this post. Definitely Mr John 250 made a libtard comment. Sounds like something tampon tim and the black vagina would say!!!! “ they made the right move”! You build a track like that and open it up to super fast kids on small bikes that are fearless, then you let them race! No matter the outcome! Wtf is going on! This is motocross/supercross. Danger is part of the sport. I know to the sanctioning body it’s all about money. They want your money but not the backlash if little kids get injured. What a joke.