Area 330 mx racing season starts

ya 30 is getting steep i remember some tracks were 20 and 15 for 2nd when i started. i know prices of everything is going up for promoters, but its going up for riders too!

It wouldnt be bad doing 30 for first then maybe 20 for 2nd.. that way riders benefit by running 2, track benefits a little more if they only run 1.

also between ama card, cra card, and oh/pa membership thats like 80 bucks or whatever just in membership fees before ever riding anywhere. ouch.

You of all people shouldnt complain about 80 bucks.

A little help with the cost of racing at 330 next week will be Suzuki and Kaw contingency. Also, all amateur riders who trophy will have the option of a trophy or PA/OHMX Coin worth $10.00. Can be used at all races like $$, gate fees, moto fees maybe even the concession stand.. You can easily make back all of those pesky memberships we have to have. I like the coins because us vet guys tend to not want a 7th place plaque. ;)

We may make the Voyage to try-out area 330....Haven't raced in Ohio in awhile but it is still up to mother nature....The classes are a little odd though for minis.....

cuz i destroy them. im not a fan of wearing a helmet thta i know got prety messed up.. the last one i got i hit a tree at amherst with my head..broke my visor. 661 dont evne make visors for it anymore.. so i was still wearing it wen i wrecked in sc.. broke some vents on it lol. i think it was toast by then. time to set it on a shelf

George maybe I should put the subscription fee back on here again.....then Stacy wouldn't have the $12 to join so we wouldn't have to hear him complain about racing costing too much money! HAHA

George maybe I should put the subscription fee back on here again.....then Stacy wouldn't have the $12 to join so we wouldn't have to hear him complain about racing costing too much money! HAHA

You should charge him 12 a month...just to be on the safe side...

Cost are up for everyone especially track owners I have no problem handing out my hard earned cash to a grade A Mx facility like area 330

I really like 330 also but $55 for two classes is getting out of hand. By the time I drive there give $10 gate fee then $55 for two classes I'm broke ! That is around $100 for 4 3 lap motos and a practice. Just saying it awful expensive.

I think Briarcliff is on to something, You are going to spend the same money, maybe less. You get to practice all day and if you WANT TO you can also race a 20 min + 2 lap moto.

Dave, we def. agree with you on this. I would of supported you on this post, but got ripped apart the last time I made a comment like this. I know it is getting more expensive for everyone, but if we can't afford to go then it's gone. The funny thing is some of the people that think the prices are fine, never come to the races to race. I feel your pain, you like us just want to go to the races and do what we love to do.

OIR has been charging $25 per class for a couple years with huge turnouts. For two classes Area330 is only $5 more than OIR had been charging.

The OHMX card is the same price as the CRA card. I'm not sure how everyone is seeing this as so much more money than what everyone was paying to race at OIR last season.

Very true Pit. I guess my feeling is when we go to OIR that is what we expect. We pay a little more and have bigger gates, the track has proven itself and got the turnout. We also know when we go to qualifiers we are going to pay a little more. For the rest of the local races generally the prices are a little lower. Sometimes it's just a hard pill to swallow. Don't get me wrong we are super excited to run some of the pamx/ohmx races unfortunately we may only be able to run one class at those.

yeah its not really much worse than anywhere else...just stinks having multiple memberships..

gas prices are the biggest killer right now for anyone. and like Kelly said if nobody can afford to go then the tracks definitely wont be around.

and i also agree w/ the comment that a lot of people that say its not bad, are probably people that don't plan on racing every weekend. i'd love to race every weekend but realistically it'll probably be more practicing than racing.

Back