Area 330 mx racing season starts

Keep in mind also you can earn Manufacturer Contingency at these races! That is a HUGE deal to come to our area.

Makes me wish I had a new bike!

The contingency is awesome, but we don't have new enough bikes for that. I wish we could go get 4 new ones, but not going to happen.

Couple of my friends I used to race D-5 with back in the 90's would make enough on contingency to buy new bikes at the end of the season, how awesome would that be?

yeah that is one thing nice that will motivate me to go to the ohmx races, ktm contingency. this area always lacked contingency since i started. its not much (i think 1st is 30 bucks down to 3rd was like 15 or something) but hey it could cover your entry fees.. better than nothing. in a sport so expensive il take every single $ here or there that i can!

Thats why I wasnt at OIR much last year and why I have not been at the races the last couple of years in general . I would rather race than play ride any day of the week !!! I used to race every weekend but now I cant justify spending that kind of jack for racing when I can ride all day for half the money.

This isnt the place for this discussion, I am sorry for bringing it up on 330's race announcement post. And in all honesty if the weather cooperates I will probably be there, just in protest of what it costs me to enjoy myself at a great facility !

Back in the 90's both Suzuki and Kaw paid $250 to win Vet or B classes in D-5. I remember a few of my friends some days would win 2 vet classes and pocket $500 in Kaw bucks for that day of racing! That's why Suz and Kaw always had such big amounts of amateur riders on their brands.

thats crazy.

lots more competition in d5 than some other areas though, so its kind of understandable why it'd be more than others maybe

No, that was standard payback back then. You could get that in D-11 too. Yamaha and Honda paid less....then Honda dropped it entirely for a few years.

They all cut way back on contingency.

Back