Beans GP Round One 1/2 mx 1/2 woods

<style><!--.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}--></style> Thanks Beans and OMA for taking on a GP. The Pit Racer faithful seemed to account for most of the turnout. Great to put faces to those screen names. First time events aren't easy and Beans did a fine job adapting their facilities to the GP.

jeffro667 gets the long distance award. He was even early and he never gets to a race early.

What's the long distance award? I travelled 2 1/2 hours to beans. Idk for certain but action is a lot farther I think from me in Cleveland.

A big thanks to everyone for putting it on.
I did the 11:00 session and can’t compare it to any other because this was my first ever.
But after blasting around BC this afternoon I can assure you my Love still lies with Pure Moto….

What's the long distance award? I travelled 2 1/2 hours to beans. Idk for certain but action is a lot farther I think from me in Cleveland.

No quick way to Beans from Jackson Ohio. And yes, Cleveland to Athens is a long haul.

Ironic how people complain about too many classes, not enough track time and don't want to spend all day at the track. A GP is the cure all IMO. I left my house at 9 a.m. knew when my race was, had plenty of track time and still had the rest of the day to spend working around the house. I'll be skipping the Athens round due to prior obligations, but plan to hit the remaining rounds. This was my 1st GP and it was great!

I agree, I did a GP last year and really enjoyed it. I wanted to make a couple of the OMA GPs but they are not falling into place with my work/life schedule.

There were a lot of riding options last weekend so I hope attendance improves.

The woods were plenty wide for quads, Ive ridden Hare Scrambles that were much tighter for them.

I had a great time, Im going to hit the last 3 rounds. I do believe that the track had too much woods and not enough mx for your average mx guy to want to do them more. Malvern will probably have more mx because of property but Im only guessing.

I heard there were 4, they made it through.
Crazy...! good for them..
I could hardly get my 250lb. pig around.....and I sure didn't want to stall, I'd of been done-for.
Can't begin to think what it must take to get a quad through.

Little guys on 450's in the woods = sucky-suck

Crazy...! good for them..
I could hardly get my 250lb. pig around.....and I sure didn't want to stall, I'd of been done-for.
Can't begin to think what it must take to get a quad through.

Little guys on 450's in the woods = sucky-suck

I hear that!! 450's too much for bigger mx'ers in the woods too! Actually, the bike did fine. It was me that was struggling! I just dont belong in there! Moto is the place for me but it sure was fun. Wish all u Geezers woulda waited to ride the vet classes in the afternoon!

My brother and I were 2 of the 4 quads. We made it through fine even though our quads were set up for motocross - 50 inches wide and 18 inch rear tires. Broc did an excellent job with the gp course although I would've liked too see a little more mx mixed in (I was airing out those two steep singles in the woods to get some air time lol). Checked fuel level at the halfway point to be safe and had plenty of fuel. How many laps did you bike guys get in? We got 7 laps in.

My brother and I were 2 of the 4 quads. We made it through fine even though our quads were set up for motocross - 50 inches wide and 18 inch rear tires. Broc did an excellent job with the gp course although I would've liked too see a little more mx mixed in (I was airing out those two steep singles in the woods to get some air time lol). Checked fuel level at the halfway point to be safe and had plenty of fuel. How many laps did you bike guys get in? We got 7 laps in.

My woods must be similar, i did 6 laps in my woods Sunday, same thing, still good on Fuel. Rode the quad at Mx width, worked out fine.

Yeah I think he said it was a 5 mile loop. If my math is good that works out to about a 46mph average...that's a fast gp track!

No its just you!

I thought my math was way off after posting that but I found one of those online calculators and those can't be wrong? Talk about being out of your element 1st lap...start on the mx track flying in 4th gear and then drop into the woods and it's all 2nd and 3rd gear. Could've took 50 minutes for a 42mph average.

I was never in first on my 450. But that was also after I knew the course so I was faster than in the first session.

Funny that if you add up all the Beans GP threads there are about 5,000 views but there were only 50 racers. Well, I guess that's really not funny.

No, no, it's way more fun to ride pure motocross for 10 minutes and go sit in a chair at the truck. I don't think people are ready for this kind of racing. They may get tired and have a good time. Too risky. The woods are scary. I'm going to go seat bounce some triples and scrub the finish line. Later Bro.

Back