BC GP Race, 10-5-13

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well this Saturday is it, Gp racing at the Cliff. Big track, C track, Trails. I did a dry run yesterday, it seems like the on and off points will work well. 45 minutes is alot. My hands are super sore. It was fun though, it takes a differnt approach thats for sure. The trails are awesome right now too, I had no trouble passing people, plenty wide. Sign up starts at 9am, first session goes off at 11. Please visit omxa.net more info on classes and times.<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>www.briarcliffmx.com

"I live, I Ride, I am"</div></blockquote></div>

I thought so too, I didnt think the turns would have that much moisture, we will be watering that dust bowl staright coming down toward the start. That was obnoxious to be behind someone.

I thought so too, I didnt think the turns would have that much moisture, we will be watering that dust bowl staright coming down toward the start. That was obnoxious to be behind someone.

Haha, yeah. Too bad you cannot get to the trail out and in the other side of the woods. First lap that could be gnarly. ;) Chances of rain today and this week may tame that down a bit.

I rode the trails over the weekend also. Trials are cool. Enough going on in there for the MXer in you as well if you choose. I'm thinking I'm going to like it Saturday. See ya there!! :)

Hey Mr. Jeremy. I meant to catch you yesterday and ask some GP questions but you were pretty busy rippin it up on the GP course! How long do the kids run/ or laps? His bike just eats the fuel or seems like it dumps more out on the track. Is there a parade lap to see the course for kids and adults? One other thing. If his start time is 1230 is that pretty firm, at least not any earlier? I only ask because he has football in the morning and would not get there till about 12. Thanks, Matt.

What are the start times again. I work Friday night. Wanna still attend but not sure if I can make the hike from Cleveland in time

No parade laps, it would take a quarter of their allotta time! The 65's appear to have 45 minutes scheduled for them. Just the mini quads and 50s are cut down to 30 minutes. 12:30 is the time for that group, plenty of time if you get here at 12:00. You can sign up within 10 minutes of the start of the race.

What are the start times again. I work Friday night. Wanna still attend but not sure if I can make the hike from Cleveland in time

All groups and times on www.omxa.net under racing>GP classes/schedule. To make it for the 11:00 am session you really don't need to be at sign up till 10:45 at the latest or so, but we do start sign up at 9:00. We encourage earlier sign up for the sanity of our Connie!

Count me in too. I rode the MX track & trails on Sunday and they are great. The trail has nice flow with cool little berms and ruts. No bottlenecks or tight areas. I could drive a truck through most of it. Really nice for a GP.

Attention MX snobs: This is is a giant motocross with long sessions and a perfect schedule. Come on out and have some fun!!

Right!!! Long motos...if you want you can show up 20 mins before your moto and then leave right after. You Could be at the track for a total 1.5 hrs and get 45 mins of riding in! Less than half a day with drive time and more track time than a full on mx day riding 2 classes!

All groups and times on www.omxa.net under racing>GP classes/schedule.

WHAT!? You have an OMA website that lists all the times, classes, costs, etc.? No way! How long have you had that site up? Genius. You guys rock at the OMA. Congrats to the mastermind behind all that neato stuff....

Anywho, My sessions are 11 and 3. See you then. :)

The trail has nice flow...

hehe, he said "flow" ;) I agree.

Right!!! Long motos...if you want you can show up 20 mins before your moto and then leave right after. You Could be at the track for a total 1.5 hrs and get 45 mins of riding in! Less than half a day with drive time and more track time than a full on mx day riding 2 classes!

I dont think most of the primadonna graphic'd out neck brace punk generation can go 2 - 45 minute sessions. Im fairly tough and my freakin hands hurt like crazy from one 7 lapper. I didnt actually time it, but i had to ride back to the house using my finger tips. Yikes. Say bring it young dudes, the old guys are calling you out!

I dont think most of the primadonna graphic'd out neck brace punk generation can go 2 - 45 minute sessions. Im fairly tough and my freakin hands hurt like crazy from one 7 lapper. I didnt actually time it, but i had to ride back to the house using my finger tips. Yikes. Say bring it young dudes, the old guys are calling you out!

I treat the GP's like mini-marathons to an extent. You have to pace yourself. Hell, I can't go balls to the wall for 45 minutes. I'd hit a tree! ;) Trails will allow me to catch my breath a little before/after the MX sections. Should be fun...

Umm, how "rain or shine" are these events? Thinking more so than a true MX race, but just askin'. I know the weekend is light years away in terms of weather prediction, but anyway. Looking for a fun day. Haven't done one of these since Drew's at Action Sports. 'Twas fun that day other than hitting the dirt in each one...on the MX portions of the motos. ;)

I don't suppose you could put that track map in this thread? I can't seem to find it and wanted to take a look at it again. Either way, I plan on being there for the first sesssion. Can't wait to get out there.

I don't suppose you could put that track map in this thread? I can't seem to find it and wanted to take a look at it again. Either way, I plan on being there for the first sesssion. Can't wait to get out there.

A lap is about 3.5 miles.....

Back